onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Advert

8 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Soothsayer

Read it again: on the basis of form and track record, he is the best of the three. Undeniably. I deliberately said these data were only part of the picture IF he had applied. The rest is up to him and the club. 

And the assumption that your news feed might have something to say about a private application made by a private individual in a confidential and competitive setting is just nonsense.

And it's clear why he might want to apply to the Vale. We are a bigger club with more potential despite our current wretched position; with good, ambitious owners, a better stadium, bigger crowds and a history of being in higher divisions. In short, much more long-term potential than Morecambe who would find it difficult to survive in a higher division on the resources they have.

And most wouldn't apply? That's not what the club has said. We'll see.

I don’t disagree with most of your post but the facts of the matter are he’s in contract and that means if Morecambe don’t release him he can’t come. News of his interest in talking to Bradford was common knowledge all over the news feeds however, no such news has surfaced about Vale. I agree both sides maybe more tight lipped this round but if he was about to be appointed I’d be amazed if he took charge of Morecambe’s game today. 
Given our current predicament I just whoever is appointed is a success and there’s no guarantee of this regardless of the successful candidate.

30 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

I don’t disagree with most of your post but the facts of the matter are he’s in contract and that means if Morecambe don’t release him he can’t come. News of his interest in talking to Bradford was common knowledge all over the news feeds however, no such news has surfaced about Vale. I agree both sides maybe more tight lipped this round but if he was about to be appointed I’d be amazed if he took charge of Morecambe’s game today. 
Given our current predicament I just whoever is appointed is a success and there’s no guarantee of this regardless of the successful candidate.

He can come if he, reportedly, has a release clause. If he doesn't it's up to our owners whether they try to buy him out. If they wanted him enough, they would.

Gary Bowyer is a strong possibility. Doing well with Youth Players at Derby, who are skint and need staff off the books. He also signed Pugh for Blackpool, so clearly knows him....a bonus if they have to work together. 

That’s where my money is going as a likely choice....not a preference. 

2 hours ago, 1 said:

It happens all the time that managers trade their short term success at a small club for a club having a hard time but with potential.

not saying we are Barca but come on, Morecombe!

bloody Morecombe !

MORECOMBE!!??

Well yes, Morecambe are likely a league 1 club soon while as things stand we will be in league 2. 

Archived