onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

1 hour ago, mbycars said:

Well if the rumour that he will be at todays game is true then it won't be Adams, or Morecombe will be sending out a search party. 😀

I think Pugh said the new manager will be watching i dont think he meant will be there,i think people have just read in to it,for me he meant those interviewed will be watching somewhere and one of those will obviously be the new manager

Advert

1 hour ago, Eddie Ford said:

For a starters I do know that he’s applied.

Secondly, having a different opinion to you does not mean it’s negative.

You do not agree with me, I do not agree with you, that does not make it negative

How could you possibly know ? So Bradford City and Port Vale have decided no, why would that be ?

Seem to remember Mansfield`s wage budget was significant though, although nowadays the situation is different.
3.6 million was the budget I can remember reading a news article about it a while back. The budget is still massive though they got a lot of the players in before the cap this year and they are doing what Salford are doing paying large loan/transfer fees for players then the selling/lending club pays the player that, which reduces the wages they have to pay as it's not included in the cap.

41 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Flitcroft likes to play 352.

Be interesting if we make a switch to that. Would need a centre half before Monday, though.

My guess will be one will come in monday and maybe the new manager will want another one or two in but will only have a day to ship bodies out.... at least it might be a busy day on Monday

We don’t know who it will be at present

What we do know is that not everyone will be happy and if we don’t win our first 5 or so games with a new manager people will be calling for his / her head.

That’s what it’s like being a Vale fan nowadays

3 minutes ago, osprey said:

What we do know is that not everyone will be happy and if we don’t win our first 5 or so games with a new manager people will be very worried about relegation and will react, understandably, emotionally at seeing their football club on the brink.

That’s what it’s like being a football fan/human.

Fixed it for you. 

32 minutes ago, Joe B said:

They were rampant that year then contrived to lose their last 3, and fell in the playoffs. Weird.

Main thing is that managers learn from this sort of stuff. 

By the end of December they had only lost 1 game 

They were additionally the only side in the top four English divisions unbeaten away from home, until a 2–1 loss against Carlisle

32 minutes ago, Joe B said:

They ran us ragged with this 343 system in the 18/19 season at Field Mill. The wingbacks stretched and our back 4 couldn't cope. Walker and Hamilton, with their pace, were able to dissect us through the channels as there were gaping holes between our centre halves and fullbacks. Pearce was dominant all day. It was only 1-0 but it could have been 5. Said to my mate it was the most outclassed we'd been in a league game for years. 

568457859_Screenshot2021-01-30at12_43_30.thumb.png.8eefb1dce193d3b2f18551fd7c8744ee.png

I suppose we could go for:

Brown

Smith New CB Brisley

Gibbons Conlon Taylor Monty

Guthrie Pope (if fit) Rodney

Or, have Guthrie central and Worrall in the front three, with the job of falling back into midfield out of possession.

Would have your wide players providing creativity, two industrious midfielders, and two quick forwards supporting a focal point.

Needs a CB able to dominate like Pearce, and a target man.

Could be the making of Crookes, I know he has his detractors, and for good reason when he played left back. But left of a back 3 is where he wants to play so could be a nice fit.

34 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

Rudgie played 3 centre backs admittedly excellent players in Swanny, Aspo and Deano with wingbacks of Porter and Kent didn’t he? Anything’s possible. 

Very rarely. When all 3 played Aspin normally played rightback. Aspin played almost as many games at fullback as centrehalf. 

5 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Could be the making of Crookes, I know he has his detractors, and for good reason when he played left back. But left of a back 3 is where he wants to play so could be a nice fit.

That’s where he made his debut at Crawley and he was excellent. Aspin said it was one of the best debuts he’d seen.  

1 hour ago, Eddie Ford said:

For a starters I do know that he’s applied.

Secondly, having a different opinion to you does not mean it’s negative.

You do not agree with me, I do not agree with you, that does not make it negative

If he's applied, that's really encouraging. I looked up the base data on Adams, Flitcroft and McGreal:

McGreal 

Clubs managed: 1

Promotions: 1 play-off

Win ratio: 37.4%

Flitcroft

Clubs managed: 5

Promotions: 1 (Bury)

Win ratio: 40.1%

Plus, two successful relegation fights

Adams

Clubs managed: 3

Promotions: 3 (Ross County twice; Plymouth Argyle; plus one play-off with Plymouth; and, currently Morecambe in 4th L2)

Win ratio: 42%

Plus, voted PFA Manager of the Year for Scotland 2011-12

To my mind, that puts Adams in pole position but it clearly depends, importantly, on whether our owners think he is a good fit for their ambitions for the club and its culture: it's clearly much more than track record. 

I'm really pleased to hear you say he's applied and I hope you're right because it looks as if he knows how to manage. 

Good luck to Carole and Co as they make this decision: UTV. 

Archived