onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Advert

2 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Not that I think he is in the running, but Vale don`t kick off until after the game has finished, in any case can easily watch the recording later. I would have expected the short list to already have watched a few Vale games on iFollow.

I think the whole he's watching quote has possibly been misconstrued.

Surely it's not essential travel for them to be at the game, although it is work related.

I've got a feeling that whoever it is may just be watching on ifollow. 

So possibly doesn't rule anyone out . 

27 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

What a very gullible comment to make

Sorry I forgot you are “in the know”... what were his wage demands? How did his interview go? What was his answer on Youth development?

The only one making sweeping leap of faith statements of fact is you.

Still... it’s not Adams, do you think you will ever be able to get over it and support the club and whoever the new manager is? 

We've been such a depressing team to support for so long that I've reconciled myself with the fact that I will take promotion and wins in any form. I don't care if it's 1-0, turgid fare. As a fanbase, we've been deprived of success for the best part of 20 years, as our nearest rivals enjoy arguably their greatest ever spell. It's time to start being good, by any means. We, as a fanbase, deserve it.

Flitcroft has had 3 jobs at this level; took Bury from relegation fare to promotion; took Swindon to 7th; had Mansfield in 4th and was sacked, a height they've not even come close to reaching since.

If he gets us top 7, I simply don't care whether he's bringing through youth players or playing good football. Worry about that stuff in League 1 when we're not playing teams who bring 57 fans and getting battered by them.

Flitcroft, from the interviews I've watched, seems to be a blunt, no-nonsense manager who demands effort from his players, which is what we've all been begging for for months. He seems to set his defence up very well. I remember his 352 Mansfield, with Krystian Peace at the back (who is free, remember EDIT: he's not, he's just gone to Boreham Wood) and CJ Hamilton up top making us look non-league a couple of years ago.

There are undoubted concerns but I I'd prefer him to McGreal and it's clear the financial restrictions will limit us from the next echelon of managers.

I get why people are a bit underwhelmed but here's hoping the fella can turn us into the sh!thouse supremos we need to be to claw our way out of this wretched, tinpot league.

4 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Flitcroft likes to play 352.

Be interesting if we make a switch to that. Would need a centre half before Monday, though.

Was thinking the same. He has also used 442 and 4231 in the past but he definitely preferred 352 at mansfield.

Could we see Gibbo converted to a winger who tracks back. Monty would also suit the opposite side really well.

7 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Was thinking the same. He has also used 442 and 4231 in the past but he definitely preferred 352 at mansfield.

Could we see Gibbo converted to a winger who tracks back. Monty would also suit the opposite side really well.

When he took over at Mansfield and they fell apart after Evans left, they still finished 8th but he oversaw a big, big release of players which caused a lot of controversy. His signings don't even look that expensive. He brought a few loans in too but it's hardly the massive, bloated, expensive squad that the standard narrative suggests. He only made 5 signings in the summer and released/sold 10.

860133881_Screenshot2021-01-30at12_24_52.thumb.png.f1e1539ac7e52c956f790cc58e22453a.png

3 minutes ago, Joe B said:

When he took over at Mansfield and they fell apart after Evans left, they still finished 8th but he oversaw a big, big release of players which caused a lot of controversy. His signings don't even look that expensive. He brought a few loans in too but it's hardly the massive, bloated, expensive squad that the standard narrative suggests.

Seem to remember Mansfield`s wage budget was significant though, although nowadays the situation is different.

Just now, Fosse69 said:

Seem to remember Mansfield`s wage budget was significant though, although nowadays the situation is different.

They were rampant that year then contrived to lose their last 3, and fell in the playoffs. Weird.

Main thing is that managers learn from this sort of stuff. 

17 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Rudgie played 3 centre backs admittedly excellent players in Swanny, Aspo and Deano with wingbacks of Porter and Kent didn’t he? Anything’s possible. 

12 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Been saying 352 for weeks with Monty and gibbo as wing backs. Suits them and would suit us. We just need a ball playing CB 

They ran us ragged with this 343 system in the 18/19 season at Field Mill. The wingbacks stretched and our back 4 couldn't cope. Walker and Hamilton, with their pace, were able to dissect us through the channels as there were gaping holes between our centre halves and fullbacks. Pearce was dominant all day. It was only 1-0 but it could have been 5. Said to my mate it was the most outclassed we'd been in a league game for years. 

568457859_Screenshot2021-01-30at12_43_30.thumb.png.8eefb1dce193d3b2f18551fd7c8744ee.png

I suppose we could go for:

Brown

Smith New CB Brisley

Gibbons Conlon Taylor Monty

Guthrie Pope (if fit) Rodney

Or, have Guthrie central and Worrall in the front three, with the job of falling back into midfield out of possession.

Would have your wide players providing creativity, two industrious midfielders, and two quick forwards supporting a focal point.

Needs a CB able to dominate like Pearce, and a target man.

Archived