onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

No fans and no income, and no end in sight, remember our owners are bankrolling us at the moment. I dont get to choose my managers at work and this is Carol's first major decision, looking at her CV and current company she obviously has a good eye for talent, she may have spoken to Rudge, Adams etc and we have to trust her. Managers also thrive on confidence so hopefully we get behind whoever it is. ! 

Advert

1 hour ago, Eddie Ford said:

Derek Adams 

(stolen from another poster)

Ross County

Won promotion from Scottish Div 2 to Div 1

Won promotion from Scottish Div 1 to Premier

Finished 5th 

Finished 7th

Plymouth

Playoffs League 2

Promotion from League 2

7th in League 1

Sacked after a poor season

Morecambe

Currently third with a game in hand on one of the lowest budgets in the league, reaching the third round of the FA Cup and being described as 'transformational' in a short space of time.

Gary Flitcroft

Bury - 1 Promotion with the biggest budget in the league that could not afford which played a massive part in the club going under

Mansfield - Semi Final Play off spot with the biggest budget in the league 

What was Adam’s budget at Plymouth?

50 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

From a Bury mate re Flitcroft 

“Started off ok with us and got us promoted then went <ovf censored> up. Talks a load of <ovf censored> in interviews , constantly saying synergy and special human beings ! Did same at Mansfield, started ok and brought in good players but bottled it at end and missed out on automatic spot. His assistant Futcher is a c”

Good job Pugh will be his assistant then. Or if he wants a shouting sergeant major bastard type he could use Sinclair. That would have the added bonus for him of fans crediting Flitcroft for every win and blaming Sinclair for every defeat.

25 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Limited

That would seem strange given Plymouth’s crowds for league 2.

None of this matters though if he doesn’t want the job. If he gets Morcambe promoted he will be seen as a miracle worker and will be looked at for top end league 1 or even championship jobs.

He would have been my choice too... but we ha e to stop the obsession. 

6 hours ago, Jacob_123 said:

Vale fans love a good moan don’t they. They could be having Danny Pugh but it looks like we’re getting a good proven league 2 manager but that’s not good enough!

The fans! Always the fans! One f****** thread when the 'fans' don't get a kicking. Christ alive.

Flitcroft is a solid appointment. I'd say a step up on Askey, and a few step ups on Pugh.

Some of the names I've seen bandied about on OVF/Twitter/Facebook made me realise a lot of our fans don't live in the reality of where we're at as a club right now.

People genuinely believed we stood a chance of Paul Cook/Nigel Pearson/Danny Cowley etc so when we don't appoint them they end up distraught!

2 hours ago, Eddie Ford said:

Derek Adams 

(stolen from another poster)

Ross County

Won promotion from Scottish Div 2 to Div 1

Won promotion from Scottish Div 1 to Premier

Finished 5th 

Finished 7th

Plymouth

Playoffs League 2

Promotion from League 2

7th in League 1

Sacked after a poor season

Morecambe

Currently third with a game in hand on one of the lowest budgets in the league, reaching the third round of the FA Cup and being described as 'transformational' in a short space of time.

Gary Flitcroft

Bury - 1 Promotion with the biggest budget in the league that could not afford which played a massive part in the club going under

Mansfield - Semi Final Play off spot with the biggest budget in the league 

There’s always a lot more to appointing anyone to any role than just looking at past records. You have to consider whether the person’s personality will fit into the existing organisation and whether the appointee can work with the appointer. 

I’ve appointed many people over my career and some I’ve got right and some wrong any one thing I’ve learned is past records are no guarantee of future performance.

10 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

How do you know he does not want the job?

Did he send you a whattsapp telling you?

How do you know he does? You are the one making the leap.

Did he WhatsApp you to tell you he applied and the interview went well and when he gets it do you want to go for a pint to celebrate.

You have taken a name suggested by another poster by your own admission, become set on it being hi. And only him and used over 50% of your 19 posts to just me as negative as possible that it’s not Adam’s.

Get over it. It’s not him. Up to you whether you can bring yourself to support the club without your saviour. 

Archived