onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Personally just hoping it isn't Jurgen Klopp. His record over the last month is awful. Heard Pugh was pushing for Guardiola who he once drank red wine with. Thought it was disgusting that Sinclair was trying to influence Carol to give Frank Lampard junior the job. There people have too much influence and no interest in the club.

In the real world I remember reading an article that showed most premier league managers with 50 games had almost no difference in points won. I don't hold with the view we have a poor squad - we have a squad who lost form and confidence in November. That and a bad run of players unavailable will change. We've also had one of those runs where nearly every mistake gets punished. All players make mistakes every game but normally get away with it. Where I do see a problem is whichever pair of centrehalves we play they don't see to be working as a pair. 

Advert

Seems that you are the drama queen here "dazzer"! - I merely offered the suggestion that maybe (did you happen to notice the question mark at the end?!) Pugh and Pope's views had been taken into account, as they have previous experience of Flitcroft's management, and Carol has extolled both of their input at different points since she took charge.

Struck the old chord there ‘kid’ . Settle down , I was amused by the comment just not one for conspiracy theories myself.

9 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

“So it has to be someone with that proven record – and it will be a manager with a proven record of success.”

That’s what Carol said. I don’t actually see that either of these guys matches that description. Bit disappointing. Who is pulling the strings on this appointment? 

I have no idea Jean but if it is Flitcroft maybe Pugh and Pope have had their say on it,i guess he has had success(not compared to Adams though) but with money,this has been our one big chance to get in someone with really proven history as we know the next manager after this one will be Pugh and not sure if we are doing it.

Dont get me wrong i will back whoever it is and i am sure they will prove to be better than Askey and Pugh or what was the point of sacking Askey,i will be more deflated with McGreal than Flitcroft though i think.

I looked back on Flitcrofts time at some of his teams and i did notice that he brings Academy players in to the squad and the majority of his loans were from Championship and Premier league teams,2 of his best ones were Jorge Grant and Tyler Walker at Mansfield from Forest(i guess he will like that we use them).

All this talk of bringing the youth team players through and giving them a chance yet no one as stopped to think are they good enough to step up they have won 3 games in 2 seasons so I wouldn't expect a wave of kids coming through the ranks just yet it's going to take time.

8 hours ago, valerule4ever said:

Is it possible Flitcroft May also know Colin Garlick from his time at Rochdale?  For me Flitcroft is a steady lower league manager who has a promotion on his CV(all be it with  Bury’s overspending) also was he not on course for promotion with Swindon before his departure to Mansfield? He might not be somebody whose appointment would excite everybody but for me he would be an okay appointment for where we are now, but in our position he is probably the best you are going to get if you want experience. Not sure McGreal would excite me too much though as not convinced he fits Carols proven sucess statement.

Flitcroft nowhere near my first choice BUT will he be as bad as some think,not sure swindon were loaded when he had them in 7th before leaving for more money at Mansfield and the knowledge of being able to get better players,got them to the play offs and it's a lottery in those,he could of had another promotion there but then he wouldn't of been sacked,also on the subject of money,you still have to get the players playing together etc,we have seen many many teams spend and spend in all divisions yet still finish half way down or worse,so you still have to be able to manage the team.

8 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Excellent numbers big budget or not we’ve seen where a big budget can sometimes get you in this league

Totally... and we also saw what happened when someone else took over Flitcrofts Mansfield squad. 

Big budget or not, they need managing... and does it also show he can control a dressing room full of egos maybe?

19 minutes ago, dishydave said:

All this talk of bringing the youth team players through and giving them a chance yet no one as stopped to think are they good enough to step up they have won 3 games in 2 seasons so I wouldn't expect a wave of kids coming through the ranks just yet it's going to take time.

Correct and this is why they made the changes they did,i aren't 100% convinced though that Sinclair is the answer to that though,it could be better to put Pugh in charge of Youth/Academy and Development and let the new manager bring his own number 2 in but listening to Carol i think Pugh is earmarked for the number 2 role

From a Bury mate re Flitcroft 

“Started off ok with us and got us promoted then went <ovf censored> up. Talks a load of <ovf censored> in interviews , constantly saying synergy and special human beings ! Did same at Mansfield, started ok and brought in good players but bottled it at end and missed out on automatic spot. His assistant Futcher is a c”

1 hour ago, Eddie Ford said:

Derek Adams 

(stolen from another poster)

Ross County

Won promotion from Scottish Div 2 to Div 1

Won promotion from Scottish Div 1 to Premier

Finished 5th 

Finished 7th

Plymouth

Playoffs League 2

Promotion from League 2

7th in League 1

Sacked after a poor season

Morecambe

Currently third with a game in hand on one of the lowest budgets in the league, reaching the third round of the FA Cup and being described as 'transformational' in a short space of time.

Gary Flitcroft

Bury - 1 Promotion with the biggest budget in the league that could not afford which played a massive part in the club going under

Mansfield - Semi Final Play off spot with the biggest budget in the league 

What if Adam’s doesn’t want it? Are you going to go and kidnap him and drag him to Burslem?

Archived