onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

There are stories doing the rounds that certain members of staff are having more influence than is perhaps appropriate but they may be utter rubbish - as most rumours are at a time like this. 

Would seem sensible to chat with staff who have worked with any of the candidates, throw in a few non-runners to throw them off the scent, but doesn`t mean their comments will carry much weight.  Amazing candidates expect amazing salaries so maybe a eye-opener for the owners. Candidates that are going to win lots of games are also the most difficult to spot, being horses for courses.

Advert

5 minutes ago, MBE said:

You're assuming Adams wants to become Port Vale manager. No point comparing records of people who didn't apply or want the job.

I saw you posted before he was interested in Bradford but it doesn't mean he is interested in us and things have moved on in terms of the season for Morecambe since then.

Do you know he didn't apply??

15 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

There are stories doing the rounds that certain members of staff are having more influence than is perhaps appropriate but they may be utter rubbish - as most rumours are at a time like this. 

Does this mean if the new manager starts to struggle we can blame Frank Sinclair again?

Is it just me that is completely baffled by some people's reaction here?

Unless I'm completely missing something, how are the rumours of Sinclair supposed interfering linked to Flitcroft? As far as I can see from their playing careers and time since retiring, I can't imagine they even know each other. If it was Heskey coming in I could understand, but it feels like people just shooting FS down without any evidence of wrong doing (again).

I do understand Jackos point of view, the clubs he's had success at have always had big budget, a luxury he's very unlikely to have with vale. He's also inheriting one of the worst squads we've had since the Bruno year.

But we have seen a number of managers go into Mansfield since Flitcroft left and fail completely with equally as big a budget as he had. That would suggest to me he is a decent manager. Not sure on his record with youth or his links to Prem/championship clubs.

I'm not sure what people were expecting. The Venn diagram of "people who tick all of carols boxes" and "people we can afford" will have very few people in the overlap. I'd be happy enough with Flitcroft.

IF it is Flitcroft I will happily take that, some of the names didn’t look good and can’t understand the negativity on here towards him.

Good experience which we need, working class Northern lad so probably gets the club/fan base and it’s meaning so knows what we expect.

He has a good record, not out of this world but solid enough. Yes he’s had budgets at a couple of clubs but a) that’s out the window now with the cap and b) we probably can afford to do more than we could in the recent past with owners we have.

People interpret Carols comments on success differently, what people define as success. Some will assume that means they’ve led teams to the top flight or won titles but success is a broad term. He’s had a fairly successful last keeping Barnsley up, a promotion, play off challenges.

Some hear Carol say that and assume Pep is en route to Burslem.

If it’s McGreal, not as sure but his Colchester sides we’ve very competitive (pasted us a couple of times), not had the level of success as Flitcroft but solid sides usually a bit ugly but with good wingers. May work well with us but I prefer Flitcroft of the two.

I do think whoever comes in and a squad of good enough footballers, some discipline hopefully comes on board with the new man and we can start to see a bounce and return of confidence.

I don’t agree that it’s the worst squad since Bruno etc, but it’s broken at the moment and needs fixing.

PREFACE THIS BY SAYING I'M QUITE SATISFIED WITH FLITCROFT AND HAVE SIGNED UP TO FLITTY'S BLACK AND WHITE ARMY

22 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Unless I'm completely missing something, how are the rumours of Sinclair supposed interfering linked to Flitcroft? As far as I can see from their playing careers and time since retiring, I can't imagine they even know each other. If it was Heskey coming in I could understand, but it feels like people just shooting FS down without any evidence of wrong doing (again).

It's a joke. No one is seriously suggesting it.

23 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

I'm not sure what people were expecting. The Venn diagram of "people who tick all of carols boxes" and "people we can afford" will have very few people in the overlap. I'd be happy enough with Flitcroft.

Unfair to lambast fans on this. Carol has set criteria, and if her appointment doesn't meet it, then it's hardly the fans' fault for being disappointed, is it? If we can't afford someone in her own criteria, she probably shouldn't have been so explicit.

Step 1 - Carol sets clear expectations on radio and in paper

Step 2 - Fans accept and move forward with clear expectations 

Step 3 - Manager doesn't meet expectations as we can't afford it

Step 4 - 'This is the fans' fault for over expecting'.

You couldn't make it up, at times.

I dont see why people are so disappointed with flitcroft anyone who believed we were going to get the cowleys or derek adams are deluded-

Most league one clubs wouldnt be able to affoed the cowleys never mind vale 

adams why would he leave morecombe at the moment for a team near the bottom fair enough if we were in a higher division to them but again deluded if you think he would want to swap to the vale halfway through the season that they are having 

i can see now that if a new manager comes in if we lose a couple of games they are going mad. If we can get pick up enough points to avoid relagation between now and the end of the season then next season is where we should judge whoever comes in. Because at the moment they are going to walking in to a shower of <ovf censored>. So now until the end of the season is a chance for them to look at who they want to keep and whos going to be let go in the mass clear out. If they can steady the ship a little bit and make us hard to beat then id be happy for the remainder of the season

carols vision is not going to be achieved over night we all know the horrendous squad and position we are in so lets give whoever it is time to sort this mess out.

8 minutes ago, Joe B said:

PREFACE THIS BY SAYING I'M QUITE SATISFIED WITH FLITCROFT AND HAVE SIGNED UP TO FLITTY'S BLACK AND WHITE ARMY

It's a joke. No one is seriously suggesting it.

Unfair to lambast fans on this. Carol has set criteria, and if her appointment doesn't meet it, then it's hardly the fans' fault for being disappointed, is it? If we can't afford someone in her own criteria, she probably shouldn't have been so explicit.

Step 1 - Carol sets clear expectations on radio and in paper

Step 2 - Fans accept and move forward with clear expectations 

Step 3 - Manager doesn't meet expectations as we can't afford it

Step 4 - 'This is the fans' fault for over expecting'.

You couldn't make it up, at times.

This is fair, but we must remember that “success”, as an example, is a fungible concept. Carol never said “the new manger will have 2 promotions and will have never finished lower than 6th”

Archived