onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Advert

Flitcroft is a weird one.

Had success at most clubs he's been at but has always been tethered to the 'spent loads' caveat.

Mansfield's decision to dispense with him after they missed out on autos on the last day, and then full short in the playoffs, looks, in hindsight, to be daft as Dempster and Coughlan have set them way back, necessitating Clough's rescue job.

Reaction from Stags fans at the time is mixed. They seem to rate his defensive acumen and see him as a decent bloke, but there's not a great deal of sympathy as the squad imploded in the run in after big, big spending. However, we'd snap your hand off for 6th right now. 

Nowt on Shrimpers' website about any rumours of Adams leaving.

Incidentally, he was charged today by the FA with misconduct after protesting too vigorously over the ref's failure to give Morecambe a penalty as they were chasing the game on Tuesday:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55757760

At least the guy has fire in his belly...and a lot more besides.

52 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

Port Vale caretaker manager Danny Pugh has said in a BBC Radio Stoke interview that the new manager will be watching the game tomorrow. #PVFC

Maybe he's coming along with Southend 🤔🤔Their local paper suggests a former player of theirs is favourite to manage Port Vale🤔...Graham Coughlan

I think the 'the new manager will be watching' line has been taking out of context.

Pugh, to me, seemed to be saying that whoever the new manager ends up being, they're obviously going to have watched this game as preparation. If you're on the shortlist, you'll watch this game. Whoever is appointed will have seen how they've played recently.

This is as opposed to the new manager literally turning up to watch.

The new manager, whoever that may be, will be watching the game.

I may be wrong but it's just how I read it.

4 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I think the 'the new manager will be watching' line has been taking out of context.

Pugh, to me, seemed to be saying that whoever the new manager ends up being, they're obviously going to have watched this game as preparation. If you're on the shortlist, you'll watch this game. Whoever is appointed will have seen how they've played recently.

Hope he isnt banking on using ifollow.

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

It's all well and good living under the illusion that we're some big club with big expectations, but we've spent most of the last 5 years circling the non-league drain. It's wrong to assume that the Vale job is somehow tougher than the Morecambe job. I imagine their fans are just as demanding as we are.

To get a team challenging who are expected to win games is a very different mind set and mentality required for both manager and players. Its why some players and mangers don't fit clubs. 

However you look at it the expectations of Morecambe and Port Vale are very very different regardless of where the clubs positioning is.

According Pugh the new manager will be in attendance at tomorrows game.

I'm going lump on David Flitcroft. Pugh has played for Flitcroft at Bury so could already have a good relationship  with him.I think this would tick a very big box for Carol.

28 minutes ago, Joe B said:

on ifollow? the buffering wonder show or live the stuttering bluffer show?😇

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Ideally I’d like a manager with well rounded experience throughout all the divisions, like Micky Adams had. Someone who has knowledge of the league, yet can manage the expectations and bring in the ideas of experience from managing a club higher up the pyramid. 

That leaves the likes of Ian Holloway, who is perhaps the closest to Micky Adams in that regard. 

Ian Holloway?? unbelievable

Archived