onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Advert

6 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I notice a few folk have been mentioning Derek Adams name.  Just had a gander at the Morecambe forum and one poster says this: "DA has totally transformed this club in such a short space of time."  Could he transform us??

Who knows? But he has certainly done a job at Morecambe, turning a squad of largely journeymen footballers into promotion contenders. He also had excellent success at Ross County who, again, really punched above their weight. His achievements at Ross were remarkable when you think that the stadium there holds more than the town's population and he still got them into the Premier. He also did a good job at Plymouth winning them promotion to L1 before running out of steam. He's relatively young, ambitious and has largely made do with the resources he inherited while taking on loan players from higher league clubs.

That's what you would call Value Added in anyone's terms. 

My guess is that he'd do a good job here - different challenges but he has real potential as a manager. Even if we don't appoint him - and I'll be disappointed if we don't - I think we'll see him go onto greater things. I just hope we won't look back and say he was the one that got away. 

19 hours ago, Birches Head Fred said:

The worry for me is twofold :
Firstly whoever takes control will not be everyone's first choice and plenty will immediately jump on the "I never wanted him in the first place" bandwagon as soon as we lose 2 on the bounce.
Let's be honest here, we are where we are for good reason and to turn this around is going to take time, money and above all patience - especially from us fans......especially those who are always right.
Secondly, if there is any truth about the numerous rumours circulating, is the board going to act first to weed out any trouble makers and will the new manager have full control of whatever footballing matters he deems necessary

Some sense. In terms of trouble behind the scenes it tends to happen in football when losing games. Players not picked are unhappy but can't complain when winning. When losing they feel they are being victimised when not picked. 

Good interview from Carol on RS. Hitting all the right notes, just in the nick of time as things began to get a bit ropey.
'Experienced and successful manager will be coming in' 
Praise the Lord.

Sounds like pep guardiola then. Not sure he will be up for a relegation battle. I think it’s the wrong choice.

She's also very philosophical about criticism, and how fans will react differently to owners. 

It is night and day compared to that confusing interview the other week. Proper vintage Shanahan, this.

First time in little while that Comms have been spot on, and it makes such a massive difference.

3 minutes ago, Joe B said:

She clearly loves Pugh and he's be going nowhere. 'Needs time to grow before he can be the manager'.

It sounds like he doesn't want to be put forward, and hasn't applied. 

It shows how strange Carol's comments where previously when she stated they where not even looking a CV's two weeks ago. I suppose results have forced her hand.

1 minute ago, MBE said:

It shows how strange Carol's comments where previously when she stated they where not even looking a CV's two weeks ago. I suppose results have forced her hand.

That's the thing. Some have portrayed the fanbase to be crybabies in the midst of a meltdown, but as you say, a fortnight ago we heard from directly that she didn't want to appoint a permanent manager and had barely glanced at the CVs.

We're now in a position to interview a shortlist with a guarantee of 'experienced and successful'.

I think it's important to accept Carol will make mistakes; her near perfect run of the first 12 months was impossible to sustain, including the luck of drawing City away.

Hopefully the club emerges stronger from this blip. A good manager will sort a lot out.

40 minutes ago, MBE said:

Maybe, what was the cut-off date for applications? Until then let them pile up, then sift them. Difficult not to have a glance through though. Too early for Pugh, otherwise he would have been knocking on her door, but seen as a potential manager worth developing.

Archived