onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

1 minute ago, 1 said:

Even if we couldn’t have moved anyone in the transfer window, it’s better to try than not even have a manager to negotiate. Don’t tell me Pugh could have done that because to you need contacts and experience to trade for something better. 

I think we could definitely have got rid of a bit of deadwood. Cullen, Robinson and Legge have reportedly had suitors, then there’s those at the top of the conference who i’m sure would like a league player and bolster the ranks. I’m not saying we’d have a brand new, brilliant squad but to say are players are <ovf censored> and were oversubscribed so no dice makes no sense.

the only way it can be rationalised to sack a manager before the transfer window opens and appoint one when it closes is if it’s taking that long to find the right candidate. I think more likely, as people have said, Carol wanted to keep Pugh until the summer, was confident about that after Grimsby, and has now been forced to fish those CVs out of the skip to get someone in pronto.

just my prediction. It’s all love though, Carol’s a straight up G. But this is clearly a rehash because it would have been sorted with plenty of time in TW left if this had been plan A.

at least we’re doing it now!

I would assume the CEO or Owner does the negotiations.

Advert

4 hours ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Indeed, but it seems like that won't be happening, going from Carol's comments in The Sentinel interview -

and

She also said -

That's Sinclair's role she's talking about.

So, it seems that both Pugh and Sinclair will still be around after a new manager is appointed.

The new boss will need to be a strong character, as its not worked well in the past when a manager has come in and had to work with coaching staff from the previous regime, in some cases where they had been in with a shout of getting the job themselves....and eventually did! (Sinnott had to have Glover as his assistant, Ribeiro had Brown as a 1st team coach and reportedly barely used him/didn't want him).

To me, it makes it all the more important that the new guy has a bit of experience behind him and is able to stamp his authority on not only the squad, but the whole footballing side.

Fair enough, like you say we will definitely need a strong character. An actual leader who can coach and inspire. It’s been so long since we’ve had a manager that had any sort of zeal! Someone who actually seems motivated and cares. Let’s have someone like that.

not Holloway though

obvs 

3 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

Would be a great choice, but unlikely to happen, still fancy Murray from Barnsley, one of the rumours sites says we have approached Shaun Derry from the Oxford management team. Still it looks like we are starting to move in the right direction 

What have Murray and Derry done??  Going off what Carol said the new manager will need i am confident it wont be either of them,i do know we haven't approached anybody,those on the shortlist will of applied for the job.

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Thats from 2019

It wont be Derry anyway i am 110% on that

I have said for months now the only one man for me who i would say ticks all those boxes and wont cost the earth,the best man out there is MR Derek Adams,had some money on him at 33/1 so if you would be so kind carol 🙂 

23 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Thats from 2019

It wont be Derry anyway i am 110% on that

I have said for months now the only one man for me who i would say ticks all those boxes and wont cost the earth,the best man out there is MR Derek Adams,had some money on him at 33/1 so if you would be so kind carol 🙂 

I know it is from 2019, just thought it was relevant. 

4 hours ago, onestepatatime said:

We all know to our cost how certain players can perform with certain Clubs and be completely different at other Clubs. It's always a gamble. Who knows, some of our lot may come good elsewhere?

They usually do as well.

25 minutes ago, PortVale4Life said:

Yeah because premiership and much larger clubs are similar to vale situation aren’t they....  

I don't think you need to be a large cub to have a process in which negotiations around salary and any transfer fee are done by the CEO or Owner.

Its a simple segregation of duty to protect budgetary integrity.

Its certainly not "Highly improbable" that's the way its done by the vale.

7 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

I don't think you need to be a large cub to have a process in which negotiations around salary and any transfer fee are done by the CEO or Owner.

Its a simple segregation of duty to protect budgetary integrity.

Its certainly not "Highly improbable" that's the way its done by the vale.

Once a player has been identified,  and  is willing to come, the terms will be negotiated  with his agent and the manager does not need to be involved.

34 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Once a player has been identified,  and  is willing to come,

That's the key and should be done by the manager with the final say to bring the player in. The manager is the one who needs to sell the vision of the team, pattern fo play, how the player will be used, philosophy of the club etc. before handing over to CEO to thrash out the deal with the player/agent.

20 minutes ago, Wrex said:

There's a thread unfairly blaming Colin Garlick for picking the wrong manager, tactics and players. But negotiating contracts will actually be Colin's responsibility.

I would think Carol is most likely to pick the manager in discussion with Garlick and Rudge.

Archived