onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Advert

11 hours ago, Aguar61 said:

Who the hell would want to inherit bloody pugh? Failure continuity? Give me strength....

It would be good for a new manager to bring in more staff that they want than just the dep.

It makes sense to say welcome aboard, and bring an assistant and some coaches with you who understand and buy into the philosophy.

5 minutes ago, 1 said:

You can buy and sell in a transfer window....?

But by common consent on here no one would be daft enough to buy any of our players so how do we make room in the squad? And if we simple de-register players how do we stick to the wage cap when we still have to pay them?

8 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

But by common consent on here no one would be daft enough to buy any of our players so how do we make room in the squad? And if we simple de-register players how do we stick to the wage cap when we still have to pay them?

We do have saleable assets, Conlon,Worrall, Rodney,Gibbo,Hurst,Taylor and I’d say Scott Brown who shouldn’t be judged just on this season. These are the players that we can’t afford to lose, if we’re looking ahead. All teams will have players that no one else would be interested in buying and will be released at the end of their current contracts. I agree de registering is not the always the way of solving a problem unless you can move those players on, so we’ll know if it’s worked by Tuesday next week. 

7 minutes ago, 1 said:

It would be good for a new manager to bring in more staff that they want than just the dep.

It makes sense to say welcome aboard, and bring an assistant and some coaches with you who understand and buy into the philosophy.

Indeed, but it seems like that won't be happening, going from Carol's comments in The Sentinel interview -

we need somebody that will work with the staff we have got

and

I have a lot of time for Danny Pugh and I very much want him part of the future of Port Vale

She also said -

We are a development club. So we want there to be a link with the academy because football is moving towards youth

That's Sinclair's role she's talking about.

So, it seems that both Pugh and Sinclair will still be around after a new manager is appointed.

The new boss will need to be a strong character, as its not worked well in the past when a manager has come in and had to work with coaching staff from the previous regime, in some cases where they had been in with a shout of getting the job themselves....and eventually did! (Sinnott had to have Glover as his assistant, Ribeiro had Brown as a 1st team coach and reportedly barely used him/didn't want him).

To me, it makes it all the more important that the new guy has a bit of experience behind him and is able to stamp his authority on not only the squad, but the whole footballing side.

24 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Conlon would certainly be one that clubs will be watching. I guess gibbo as well once he gets back up and running. Suppose we have to hope someone does come in for the likes of Robinson and mckirdy? Be tough for us to keep signing players without anyone going the other way 

Fleetwood look set to announce Chelsea Coach Anthony Barry as manager.

People on here would hate that.

Chris Beech of Carlisle was 3rd favourite... His record before Carlisle was 6 caretaker manager games in charge of Rochdale with ZERO wins.

If we had hired him like Carlisle did people on here would have hated it.

Whoever we hire wont please everyone... so PLEASE can we back them and realise they are coming into a very difficult situation and may not get immediate results.

Unless is Holloway... he can s*d off... hahahahaha

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

I notice a few folk have been mentioning Derek Adams name.  Just had a gander at the Morecambe forum and one poster says this: "DA has totally transformed this club in such a short space of time."  Could he transform us??

He would be my first choice assuming Cowley is a pipedream.

20 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Fleetwood look set to announce Chelsea Coach Anthony Barry as manager.

People on here would hate that.

Chris Beech of Carlisle was 3rd favourite... His record before Carlisle was 6 caretaker manager games in charge of Rochdale with ZERO wins.

If we had hired him like Carlisle did people on here would have hated it.

Whoever we hire wont please everyone... so PLEASE can we back them and realise they are coming into a very difficult situation and may not get immediate results.

Unless is Holloway... he can s*d off... hahahahaha

Stockport have replaced Nutty Jimbo with someone called Rusk the Brighton under 23 manager. 

Archived