onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

14 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Finally some good(ish) news. 

At least it will be an external appointment.

Feels very odd that Pugh has been allowed to sign 2 players and deregister some of the squad, then all of a sudden we're bringing in a new guy that might have different views.

We can re-register up to the end of the transfer window I believe so could do with him coming in before then!

It may be next month before we can bring anybody in, would be too late to bring players in.  Pugh possibly not involved in signing any players. 

Advert

2 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

So although the bookies have the ex Mansfield manager as favourite it doesn't fit  with this afternoon's update?

No, I suppose the bookies odds are governed by who people are putting money on and the bookies wouldn't be as profitable as they are if the favourite always won. I guess just because there's a lot of money being put on someone doesn't necessarily mean they are the one. Wasn't Jose Morais the bookie's favourite almost right up to the point when NS opted for Bruno Ribeiro, for instance...

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

Thats the conundrum, Carol will be thinking that Pugh has been missing for two games Gibbo and Monty are due to return, coupled with her perceived view we have had no luck in some games (Who could legislate for Browns mistakes ) then keep a steady hand and everything will be ok.

I'm struggling with Askey going, if he's not going to be replaced, OR perhaps he has and Pughs the man, it's a shame that the communication from the club has been so poor, a lot of the criticism fairly/unfairly has been due to rumour and conjecture, if they had come out and said right, Pugh in charge until the end of the season, then the situation will be reviewed, I think the majority, although not happy would put up with it, at the moment everything is up in the air and as per Port Vale usual rumour conjecture and down right mischief making reigns.

I hope and pray that Carol has got it right, because that fat lady from a few seasons ago will be starting to clear her throat and the consequences of relegation to the National league is just unthinkable to me.

Absolutely spot on.

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Excellent to read. It won't be Pugh. Experienced manager coming.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/port-vale-carol-shanahan-manager-4935482

This line should have been said the day of Askey's sacking and it would have saved a lot of worry. Glad we've got here in the end:

Hallelujah.... I'm more happy we have actually communicated our intentions.

Carol's criteria for the new manager has sound logic. My only question mark would be the new manager must keep Pugh around. This has potential to be a sticking point but I would hope not.

5 minutes ago, robf said:

No, I suppose the bookies odds are governed by who people are putting money on and the bookies wouldn't be as profitable as they are if the favourite always won. I guess just because there's a lot of money being put on someone doesn't necessarily mean they are the one. Wasn't Jose Morais the bookie's favourite almost right up to the point when NS opted for Bruno Ribeiro, for instance...

No doubt applicants will arrive masked to foil the  manager spotters camped in Hamil Road. 

I Agree with Carol this is a significant appointment ,lets not just employ any old  journeyman let's employ a man who can get extra out of any player who plays for him and the club and can move players on who's efforts are not to the required standard at Port Vale football club .

So no hasty appointment for me ,think clearly and choose wisely and get the karma you deserve Carol for all the good you do for others 

Good to hear the plan and the strategy going forward ! The criteria looks sound and I’m sure teamwork will be in there to assist with the galvanisation of the playing side.

Maybe we will get a loan centre half under the same basis as Kurtis?

If it’s hopefully retaining league status and a project going forward, a deal in excess of two years could be on the cards.

Without doubt, there is enough experience with Colin and Sir John to do their homework to get this one right.

Best of luck Carol, you deserve what your vision is looking for.

Vale forever!

2 hours ago, valefan16 said:

Big news. Scrape a win against Southend and a free week hopefully gives us time to get it sorted. Maybe explains the Parkinson rumours from Saturday?

Not to sure she wants entertaining football and fans of his other clubs have described his football as dour and not sure how he is on the youth side of things.

I know i keep saying but i have for a few months now,only one man ticks nearly all the boxes and thats  Derek Adams,success at all his clubs including promotion from this league,has the contacts his loans this season are from Blackburn,Reading and Burnley. His side are scoring goals and a fan of theirs says they have been attractive to watch in a lot of games this season,youth policy not so sure as not many in his team,he is the man for me.

This is exactly part of the clarity we were all wanting. Worth the wait .

I'm encouraged by what she has said .

I'm with a few others on here, Mr Adams is the man. Yes he had a failure at Plymouth but only after great success. 

The job he is doing at Morecambe is worthy of a statue next to Eric on the promenade. 

‘Contacts with Premier League & Championship clubs’ - why? So that we can loan their academy players preventing our own academy players, who may be good enough, from getting the opportunity to play in the first team.

I’ve never understood why we do this, even more so if the club has to pay a loan fee and a % of the wages. - whilst at the same time developing a player who is registered to another club.

Paul Tisdale appears to think similar since his MK Dons days, as he is not keen on the loan market, only loaning in the occasional experienced player.

Archived