onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

It looks like Pugh will be getting Southend game probably in the hope he wins and then we just carry on.

I guess all this should of happened 8 games ago and then we might be better placed,i just cant understand why we are risking everything and letting things drag on just in the hope that things work out as games go by

Advert

3 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

It looks like Pugh will be getting Southend game probably in the hope he wins and then we just carry on.

I guess all this should of happened 8 games ago and then we might be better placed,i just cant understand why we are risking everything and letting things drag on just in the hope that things work out as games go by

Normal procedures for Vale over the past few years. A non Port Vale link manager is a must now.

15 minutes ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

Normal procedures for Vale over the past few years. A non Port Vale link manager is a must now.

Sadly to me it looks like Carol is going to stick with Pugh due to him not being at the last 2 matches yet its only the training he wont of been involved in.

Carol said we had many very good applications for the job yet we are doing nothing about it.

37 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Thats the conundrum, Carol will be thinking that Pugh has been missing for two games Gibbo and Monty are due to return, coupled with her perceived view we have had no luck in some games (Who could legislate for Browns mistakes ) then keep a steady hand and everything will be ok.

I'm struggling with Askey going, if he's not going to be replaced, OR perhaps he has and Pughs the man, it's a shame that the communication from the club has been so poor, a lot of the criticism fairly/unfairly has been due to rumour and conjecture, if they had come out and said right, Pugh in charge until the end of the season, then the situation will be reviewed, I think the majority, although not happy would put up with it, at the moment everything is up in the air and as per Port Vale usual rumour conjecture and down right mischief making reigns.

I hope and pray that Carol has got it right, because that fat lady from a few seasons ago will be starting to clear her throat and the consequences of relegation to the National league is just unthinkable to me.

Excellent to read. It won't be Pugh. Experienced manager coming.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/port-vale-carol-shanahan-manager-4935482

This line should have been said the day of Askey's sacking and it would have saved a lot of worry. Glad we've got here in the end:

Owner Carol Shanahan has revealed she intends to appoint a manager with a proven record of success having whittled down a 'large number of high quality' applications.

23 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Thats the conundrum, Carol will be thinking that Pugh has been missing for two games Gibbo and Monty are due to return, coupled with her perceived view we have had no luck in some games (Who could legislate for Browns mistakes ) then keep a steady hand and everything will be ok.

I'm struggling with Askey going, if he's not going to be replaced, OR perhaps he has and Pughs the man, it's a shame that the communication from the club has been so poor, a lot of the criticism fairly/unfairly has been due to rumour and conjecture, if they had come out and said right, Pugh in charge until the end of the season, then the situation will be reviewed, I think the majority, although not happy would put up with it, at the moment everything is up in the air and as per Port Vale usual rumour conjecture and down right mischief making reigns.

I hope and pray that Carol has got it right, because that fat lady from a few seasons ago will be starting to clear her throat and the consequences of relegation to the National league is just unthinkable to me.

So........After writing all this, Carol has pre emptied my worries and concerns and it seems the wheels are in motion.

8 minutes ago, ginginator said:

If i had my way I would have Rudgie back, enjoy the clip. Managers, good ones are hard to find and we need one to fit in with the clubs vision, I am sure we will but JR you legend

Sir John should stay where he is.Best manager ever at Vale .He'd be stupid to expose himself to the modern social media experts. They would destroy the great man. 

Excellent to read. It won't be Pugh. Experienced manager coming.
https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/port-vale-carol-shanahan-manager-4935482
This line should have been said the day of Askey's sacking and it would have saved a lot of worry. Glad we've got here in the end:
Owner Carol Shanahan has revealed she intends to appoint a manager with a proven record of success having whittled down a 'large number of high quality' applications.

Good news. My only concern is the pre-requisite to any appointment is that pugh is kept on. What if the new guy doesn't rate him? Should be starting with a completely clean slate with no misunderstanding as to who is the boss when it comes to the playing and coaching side of things

Finally some good(ish) news. 

At least it will be an external appointment.

Feels very odd that Pugh has been allowed to sign 2 players and deregister some of the squad, then all of a sudden we're bringing in a new guy that might have different views.

We can re-register up to the end of the transfer window I believe so could do with him coming in before then!

Archived