onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Advert

I'd really like a manager in this season if only for the reason that he'll have a few months experience of what the squad is capable of and then have the transfer window over the summer to start addressing some of our key issues.
My thoughts exactly if the manager doesn't come in until June that doesn't leave long to start rebuilding a squad for next season

1 hour ago, 1 said:

I think Askey had to go, but there should have been a plan in place in Nov/ early Dec to line up a replacement from a list of 2 or 3. To let Pugh naturally take over and just stay in charge regardless of results isn’t the best....

My issue is that every one in the club from the top seems in able to make a firm decision which is worrying. Askey should have gone way before he did. Then if you want to give Pugh an audition you do it on the lead up to the window. If it fails you bring in someone over jan who has a transfer window to change things up slightly. 

1 hour ago, dishydave said:
1 hour ago, Hitcher said:
I'd really like a manager in this season if only for the reason that he'll have a few months experience of what the squad is capable of and then have the transfer window over the summer to start addressing some of our key issues.

My thoughts exactly if the manager doesn't come in until June that doesn't leave long to start rebuilding a squad for next season

To late if we are in the National league.  Serious question we need a manager that is obvious, will he have enough time to turn it around?

We are paying for being carried away with the form prior to last season folding.

Add this to the 'feel good factor' with the Shanahan's, the buoyant 4K ST sales, shirt sales, etc.

To me all this masked the deep routed problems:

Recruitment under Askey has been abysmal, Tom Pope has carried the forward line for years and no one has identified a replacement. Rodney is not a main striker but is the shining light.

Leon legge and Joyce have been great servants as has Scott Brown, they sadly are ageing and we have been found out. Early season Brown was making miraculous saves it could and has not continued.

It looks like we have lost all perspective, a harsh lesson of relegation to the National League will be disastrous for us all. We fought to rid the club of an owner who was hell bent on sending us into oblivion. The same result could be achieved through complacency and 'nicey nicey' back slappimg in a 'too comfortable' backdrop.

Can someone please ask me how Leon Legge is not still in this side. Like Tom Pope we have no better...??

1 hour ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

I really hope that Carol will be instructing her PA first thing tomorrow to start contacting some of the 40+ managerial applicants to arrange interviews.

(and a win on Saturday against Southend should not mean that Pugh is given even more time to "manage" this squad)

She should start by reading them.

Coughlan gone to 8/15 now and for someone go to that out of the blue without really being mentioned there could be something in it(maybe  a friend of his lumping on it),he was poor at Mansfield(most are though) did very well at Bristol Rovers before walking out on them,i wonder what the Rovers fans think of him and how he plays

4 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Coughlan gone to 8/15 now and for someone go to that out of the blue without really being mentioned there could be something in it(maybe  a friend of his lumping on it),he was poor at Mansfield(most are though) did very well at Bristol Rovers before walking out on them,i wonder what the Rovers fans think of him and how he plays

Problem is mate most are poor here as well as Mansfield.

I would steer clear based on how well Clough has them playing since Coughlan left .

Unusual odds though 

Problem is mate most are poor here as well as Mansfield.
I would steer clear based on how well Clough has them playing since Coughlan left .
Unusual odds though 

Have to see, we need to sort it quickly.

It’s a 50-50 we either get Bristol Rovers version or the Mansfield one!

Archived