onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Advert

22 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

What is the point of a new manager if we can't change the players? Things are difficult at the moment for any number of reasons but only the players can get us out of it. 

Managers are very important. With some proper management I am confident this squad could do far, far better than they have since November. We look bereft of ideas and structure at present.

17 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

What is the point of a new manager if we can't change the players? Things are difficult at the moment for any number of reasons but only the players can get us out of it. 

Correct, the players got us into this position with a catalogue of unforced errors and lack of character over numerous games this season.  As we’re near the end of the window there’s little time left now to change much more unless teams come in for the out of favour players.  We’re lucky the owners are willing/able to pay those de-registered players to enable the team to be strengthened.  That said, any managers position is always under scrutiny.  Pugh has his chance to stake a claim but results will dictate on that score.

24 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

A new manager can sort out who he wants for next season and what is required.He will have 3/4 months to do that.What if we end up in the National League? Would you give Pugh the job?We would be less attractive for any potential new manager if we got relegated and have a limited choice.Agreed about the players.Time to step up or **** off.

22 minutes ago, dishydave said:

We have no game plan at the minute I don't see any structure to the way we play it's just hoof and hope. At least under Askey there was a pattern to our play even though it didn't work and that's not me saying he shouldn't have gone.

Really? In the last 3 games, including one win and one draw, you’ve seen less of a plan than in the previous 12 games under John?

3 minutes ago, grand prix pants said:

We need to relax a minute. If we win tonight ( I know, but stranger things have happened!) the manager will have gone WDLW in his first 4 games. That would be considered a decent start given what he inherited. Wouldn’t it?

It's whether 'decent' is enough, for me. 

1 hour ago, Howjy04 said:

A new manager can sort out who he wants for next season and what is required.He will have 3/4 months to do that.What if we end up in the National League? Would you give Pugh the job?We would be less attractive for any potential new manager if we got relegated and have a limited choice.Agreed about the players.Time to step up or **** off.

We need to focus on this season, no point in planning for next season until we know which League we are in. If we bring another manager in and he puts some  of the better players offside we will be in more trouble. Is it worth the gamble? 

16 hours ago, dishydave said:
16 hours ago, pete vale said:
Why can't people see this. Action needs taking now, it will cost a lot more not too. What on earth is going on?

Because we all think we are to good to go down and so do the owners. All this talk of if everyone is fit we'll be ok. We haven't had our best 11 fit all season so what makes us think that's about to change now.

It would be sheer complacency to think we can't go down. I always remember Cloughie's last season in Division One with Forest when everyone was saying they were too good to go down...

A defeat tonight and we will be right back in the mix. 

1 hour ago, dishydave said:

We have no game plan at the minute I don't see any structure to the way we play it's just hoof and hope. At least under Askey there was a pattern to our play even though it didn't work and that's not me saying he shouldn't have gone.

Personally I think the expectations bar was set to high and a lot of fans have jumped on this. We are are all living in a very abnormal life situation, this goes for all teams and clubs and us fans, I don't know what happened behind the seen which prompted the powers at be to release John Askey with no back up plan, we have lots of rumours. I know we all crave instant success but I personally would be happy with small steps slow sustainable steps after the last 20years,l don't think we would have gone down a possible mid table,now we're back to square 1 with possible new manager new ideas and still no guarantee of success, the roundabout begins again.

We need to relax a minute. If we win tonight ( I know, but stranger things have happened!) the manager will have gone WDLW in his first 4 games. That would be considered a decent start given what he inherited. Wouldn’t it?
The better half told me I need to relax the other night she reckons it's because we can't get to the ground and scream and shout like we usually do. She also suggested a zoom meeting between all four thousand of us so we can all just yell at the top of our voices for a few minutes and then maybe we will feel better.

Archived