onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

1 minute ago, MBE said:

You can only play what's in front of you and I would argue we where over due some luck this season.

Agreed. Still don't think we have done anything over the three games we wouldn't have done under Askey.

When Askey was sacked there was more than enough time in the season for someone to come in and turn things around. Appointing Pugh is just downing tools, in my opinion. If money is the main reason for that, which seems to be the case, then we should have just stuck with Askey. We would have won enough games here and there to survive, as there's other absolute dross in the league along with ourselves.

Advert

I guess reading between the lines that Carol & Co have written this season off what with paying the Fat one off, Covid, paying Askey off and deregistering players then I'm assuming Carol has decided to see the season out and see how the land lies in the close season.

47 minutes ago, blackdog said:

I guess reading between the lines that Carol & Co have written this season off what with paying the Fat one off, Covid, paying Askey off and deregistering players then I'm assuming Carol has decided to see the season out and see how the land lies in the close season.

The season is a write-off, no two ways about that.

The only question is how far things will drift and how much long term damage can be done.

1 hour ago, TylerB said:

I get that. But I don't get why on earth you would sack Askey if you knew all along that Pugh was going to be the one taking over the reigns for the remainder of the season. Askey needed to go, but you it makes no sense to replace him with someone that's never managed a side before. At least Askey had experience and also did show that he was capable for us before it went pear shaped. Pugh has done absolutely nothing to warrant anything he's being handed to him.

She's basically replaced a dog turd with Cow <ovf censored>. It still <ovf censored> stinks all the same.

You seem a balanced chap! 

52 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Looks that way, and as much as I love the idea of us going for it hell for leather all the time, in these unusual times a cautious, long term approach may be the best approach. 

Reminds me of the old joke of the old bull and the young bull in the field. 

The young bull sees a load of cows down the bottom of the hill and says to the the older bull “let’s run down there and sh@g one of those cows”

The older Bull, in his wisdom says “no... let’s walk down and Sh@g them all”

Not sure it's a write off just yet I'm pretty sure we're in a bit of a relegation battle and unless we get a few better players through the door it's going to be close. As for get a manager in during the summer if that's the case then you may as well write next season off because he isn't going to have time to get decent players in and implement his style of play if he doesn't start until june

12 hours ago, blackdog said:

Would not disagree. The only problem is we are far from being safe.

On 23/01/2021 at 20:58, blackdog said:

We can write a season off and also diligently prepare for the coming seasons.

I could rationalise the abandonment of this shower of a season, but we have a massive summer with a lot of contracts up and a salary cap, and a recruitment system that is either non-existent or needs sorting.

Feels like we're drifting at present. Wait and see. In the absence of any goals, leadership, and structure, chaos is reigning.

Time for firm action.

Archived