onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Michael Duff.

Get him in. 

Cheltenham 1-0 Man City (71 mins)

Yes Pep Guardiola, multiple UCL winner, managed Barcelona and Bayern Munich to success, well his Man City. That’s the Man City that are, the all extents, the richest club in the world.

Even if they concede 8 in these last 19 mins, what an achievement.

Advert

57 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Grimsby are managed by a manager who isn’t related to their club and one we would have been happy with.

One thing for certain... Football isn’t simple. 

Just remembered he is associated with them having been their manager before! see football isnt simple! 😂😂

11 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Michael Duff.

Get him in. 

Cheltenham 1-0 Man City (71 mins)

Yes Pep Guardiola, multiple UCL winner, managed Barcelona and Bayern Munich to success, well his Man City. That’s the Man City that are, the all extents, the richest club in the world.

Even if they concede 8 in these last 19 mins, what an achievement.

Duff out!

We need to go and get an experienced manager, give him an experienced backroom team ASAP.

It's a shambles by the sounds of things and we need to get some control. I dont think any of these currently in charge can do that.

It won’t happen

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Not sure that makes any sense or has any relevance what so ever. 

I think money has everything to do with it the situation. Why have we not invested in a new manager? Money

The club have consistently said they had budgeted not to have fans in until March this year. Its looking more likely we won't have fans until next season now. There is going be a big hole in our finances.

I'm also pretty sure sacking a manager, his backroom staff, refreshing 1/3 of the 1st team in January and bringing a new manager and staff where not part of the budget either.

12 minutes ago, MBE said:

I think money has everything to do with it the situation. Why have we not invested in a new manager? Money

The club have consistently said they had budgeted not to have fans in until March this year. Its looking more likely we won't have fans until next season now. There is going be a big hole in our finances.

I'm also pretty sure sacking a manager, his backroom staff, refreshing 1/3 of the 1st team in January and bringing a new manager and staff where not part of the budget either.

Don’t disagree with that. I was replying to a post where it essentially said we can’t have a view unless we a spare million to invest

29 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

If we weren't going to appoint externally I'd have kept Askey.

Pugh just feels like Michael Brown v2.

I'd have more faith in Askey than Danny <ovf censored> Pugh. To sack a manager that deserved the sack but had experience and replace him with an absolute chancer that's also mates with lots of the players at the club will be an absolutely appalling decision by Carol, no matter what sunshine people thinks shines out of her arse every passing second.

1 minute ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Today's manager-page programme notes summed it up for me - referring to the (interim) manager as 'Pughy' - yes, its only a nickname, but it smacks of all being a bit too cosy and 'jobs for the boys'-esque.

I said this at the time and got told off for saying it.

There were accusations flying around about the players, and it didn't help that they referred to their new boss by his nickname.

My fear is that, for some players, 'Pughy' represents their best chance of a new deal in the salary cap world, as opposed to an Adams type who will have them out the door at the first opportunity.

1 hour ago, TylerB said:

Steer us to relegation perhaps? Something for everyone Port Vale to look forward to. Might as well have just kept Askey or make Pope player-manager.

I would guess that if our league position looks worse after a few more games the board would have to act.  Obviously moves are afoot to strengthen the squad before that happens.  To be honest Grimsby and Southend look nailed on at the moment though. Time will tell.

3 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

I would guess that if our league position looks worse after a few more games the board would have to act.  Obviously moves are afoot to strengthen the squad before that happens.  To be honest Grimsby and Southend look nailed on at the moment though. Time will tell.

Shows what an utter mess we're in if that's a positive for us.

Archived