onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Advert

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I partially agree with you but I don’t think the million quid is irrelevant. We can’t spend what we don’t have - Carol at the moment is between a rock and a hard place. 

Sadly the rock and the hard place has been inflicted by putting faith in the wrong people. Again something that is commendable withour owners but has not paid off. They gave Askey every chance to be a success. They have looked after the whole club and wider community since they took over in the face of adversity. There are a few morons that have levelled abuse at her on various social media. Which is absolutely deplorable. But on the whole fans are behind the owners. 

But indecision has lead us here and we now need leadership to get us out. The million pound is not irrelevant. I never said it is. But the only way to reduce that deficit is improvement on the pitch. Sadly that means investment in a manager. No one is spending her money. It’s a football club in turmoil in the middle of a pandemic it can’t be avoided who ever the owner was.

25 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I think you can simultaneously be very thankful for Carol, and also think she's making a bit of a pig's ear of this managerial situation.

That's unfair Joe B. Unless you're in the know, how can you say that? We may have no money to pay another wage. Like I keep saying to you, we don't know the finances. We'd all like someone new but with potential ST refunds , paying Askey off, paying those released off, a huge loss of income, tell me, what would you do? Spend money we don't have. Give the owners a break. 

Pig's ear? Come on. 

3 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

That's unfair Joe B. Unless you're in the know, how can you say that? We may have no money to pay another wage. Like I keep saying to you, we don't know the finances. We'd all like someone new but with potential ST refunds , paying Askey off, paying those released off, a huge loss of income, tell me, what would you do? Spend money we don't have. Give the owners a break. 

Pig's ear? Come on. 

jim gannons available 😄:bomb::board::sos::nerr::drink:

27 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

The pandemic has dictated the thinking with Pugh and Co. It’s clear that we won’t be challenging for promotion so they’re being allowed to steer the club until the end of the season, Carol said as much.

Steer us to relegation perhaps? Something for everyone Port Vale to look forward to. Might as well have just kept Askey or make Pope player-manager.

31 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I partially agree with you but I don’t think the million quid is irrelevant. We can’t spend what we don’t have - Carol at the moment is between a rock and a hard place. 

Worse than that I think. There's no end  in sight to the pandemic so what can they do? Let's bring another manager in, then reduce the playing budget. That's got to be plan c I reckon.

11 minutes ago, dantheman said:

Sadly the rock and the hard place has been inflicted by putting faith in the wrong people. Again something that is commendable withour owners but has not paid off. They gave Askey every chance to be a success. They have looked after the whole club and wider community since they took over in the face of adversity. There are a few morons that have levelled abuse at her on various social media. Which is absolutely deplorable. But on the whole fans are behind the owners. 

But indecision has lead us here and we now need leadership to get us out. The million pound is not irrelevant. I never said it is. But the only way to reduce that deficit is improvement on the pitch. Sadly that means investment in a manager. No one is spending her money. It’s a football club in turmoil in the middle of a pandemic it can’t be avoided who ever the owner was.

I agree with that. We have to commend our owners - unequivocally - for the investment and resources they have put into the club, especially in the pandemic when they are one million pounds short of income. Just remarkable. 

What worries me now is that a footballing error of judgement might undo all this commitment, hard work and hard cash. I think it's a serious mistake to have put Pugh and Sinclair in charge and the consequences might be all out of proportion with the decision. Unfortunately by the time it becomes clear that they should never have been in charge it may be too late to remedy it.

At some point soon, push is going to come to shove. Let's hope it's sooner rather than later. UTV. 

1 minute ago, CAVALIER said:

It's not hard. Don't be disappointed over anything when the bigger picture is that there's a pandemic, we have no income, we are losing money etc. 

I don't follow your comment at all.

Riiiiiight...okaaaayyy...

So we are not allowed to be disappointed with the current situation? 

Completely understand that there is a pandemic. There is no money in lower league football at the best of times let alone with everything that is going on. 

I am not attacking Carol in any way so please do not misinterpret my posts. She and Kevin are the best thing to happen to the club for years. But that doesn’t mean you can’t be disappointed surely??? 

2 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

I agree with that. We have to commend our owners - unequivocally - for the investment and resources they have put into the club, especially in the pandemic when they are one million pounds short of income. Just remarkable. 

What worries me now is that a footballing error of judgement might undo all this commitment, hard work and hard cash. I think it's a serious mistake to have put Pugh and Sinclair in charge and the consequences might be all out of proportion with the decision. Unfortunately by the time it becomes clear that they should never have been in charge it may be too late to remedy it.

At some point soon, push is going to come to shove. Let's hope it's sooner rather than later. UTV. 

Fully agree mate and for me you have put it perfectly. 

2 minutes ago, dantheman said:

Riiiiiight...okaaaayyy...

So we are not allowed to be disappointed with the current situation? 

Completely understand that there is a pandemic. There is no money in lower league football at the best of times let alone with everything that is going on. 

I am not attacking Carol in any way so please do not misinterpret my posts. She and Kevin are the best thing to happen to the club for years. But that doesn’t mean you can’t be disappointed surely??? 

Agreed, but you said you were very disappointed with Carol. Not the same to me at all.

1 minute ago, CAVALIER said:

Agreed, but you said you were very disappointed with Carol. Not the same to me at all.

I am disappointed though...

Disappointed that they are our owners - no way! 

Disappointed in the management situation - absolutely. 

I do think that mistakes are being made. Any deficit will only be worse if we finish the season in a relegation dog fight or worse. 

Archived