onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

11 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

How can you be disappointed with Carol unless you’ve got a million quid to help her out?

I think you can simultaneously be very thankful for Carol, and also think she's making a bit of a pig's ear of this managerial situation.

Advert

12 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Derek Adams wont be on more money than Askey was on and he wont cost compensation,i believe he has a clause in his contract and has shown interest in our job

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

How can you be disappointed with Carol unless you’ve got a million quid to help her out

As I didn’t mention anything about money it’s very weak to throw the million quid argument about. If I had it I’d absolutely invest it in the vale! And I would absolutely invest in Carol I think her and Kevin are the best thing to happen to the club for years and genuinely think they could be the people to bring good times back. But I don’t have a million quid and neither do you.

The point I was making is that there seems to be a theme of indecision. That’s what disappoints me. Without making some big decisions fast there will be a bigger deficit than a million with potential of non league and or reduced season tickets. Only way to salvage this season is to try and generate some positivity to go into next season.

4 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

We beat Grimsby and Pugh had done well. We got a point at FGR and folk were chuffed. We’ve lost today and Carol has made a pig’s ear. Give the woman a chance. 

I haven't changed my tune at all Jean; I have made it clear I'm not happy at this 'give Danny a chance and hope he wins some games approach, thereby eliminating any decision-making', or the lack of looking at the applications, or the view that appointing a permanent manager is a distraction

Pugh's a caretaker whilst we conduct the application process and find the best man for the job; not on a trial run for the job itself. If he wins out the application process, then fair enough, but he should be subject to the same process as everyone else, and not given a massive headstart.

Grimsby are in absolute shambles. Forest Green was a reasonable draw in a game in which we were probably 2nd best. Today was appalling. I'm allowed to enjoy the Grimsby win and stick by my view that we need an external appointment to sort this mess out.

1 minute ago, dantheman said:

As I didn’t mention anything about money it’s very weak to throw the million quid argument about. If I had it I’d absolutely invest it in the vale! And I would absolutely invest in Carol I think her and Kevin are the best thing to happen to the club for years and genuinely think they could be the people to bring good times back. But I don’t have a million quid and neither do you.

The point I was making is that there seems to be a theme of indecision. That’s what disappoints me. Without making some big decisions fast there will be a bigger deficit than a million with potential of non league and or reduced season tickets. Only way to salvage this season is to try and generate some positivity to go into next season.

I partially agree with you but I don’t think the million quid is irrelevant. We can’t spend what we don’t have - Carol at the moment is between a rock and a hard place. 

6 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

We beat Grimsby and Pugh had done well. We got a point at FGR and folk were chuffed. We’ve lost today and Carol has made a pig’s ear. Give the woman a chance. 

Grimsby are getting hammered every game. We weren’t exactly good against them just beat a side somehow worse than us. 

sunderland? 

Forest Green was a horrible performance. First half was appauling and were were saved by Rodney. 

Today. Appauling. 

In no way should we sack a manager and have nobody lined up. To then publicly say they’re not even bothering with interviews and that essentially Pugh has it until the end of the season. It’s madness. Get Derek adams from morcambe ASAP. 

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Grimsby are getting hammered every game. We weren’t exactly good against them just beat a side somehow worse than us. 

sunderland? 

Forest Green was a horrible performance. First half was appauling and were were saved by Rodney. 

Today. Appauling. 

In no way should we sack a manager and have nobody lined up. To then publicly say they’re not even bothering with interviews and that essentially Pugh has it until the end of the season. It’s madness. Get Derek adams from morcambe ASAP. 

I have no idea why Derek Adams would come to the Vale at the  moment when he is doing so well at Morecombe, doesnt make any sense.

5 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Grimsby are in absolute shambles. Forest Green was a reasonable draw in a game in which we were probably 2nd best. Today was appalling. I'm allowed to enjoy the Grimsby win and stick by my view that we need an external appointment to sort this mess out.

I think we've had played one decent half out of 6 (or 8 if you include the Trophy) since Askey was sacked.

47 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Think I'm right in saying he was sent off the other night against Walsall.

Passionate and feisty and the job at Morecambe is incredible .

Get him here for Tuesday's game please Carol 

I think he missed about 20 games managing in Scotland all in all! One individual ban ran for double figures...

40 minutes ago, dantheman said:

If all that’s true he should have been employed when Askey left! Very disappointed with Carol over all this. Commendable for being patient owners and giving people a chance but it has to be right. It is all to obvious that this is not right! 

You taking the piss? Cock.

11 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

The pandemic has dictated the thinking with Pugh and Co. It’s clear that we won’t be challenging for promotion so they’re being allowed to steer the club until the end of the season, Carol said as much.

Correct we will not be challenging for promotion, but we are hurtling towards relegation.

Archived