onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

2 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I might be wrong here Rob but i am sure he manages the youth team now?? others who watch them might know better

I think you’re right . Something strange seemed to have happened with Mick Ede leaving and Sinclair took over recently ?

Advert

Can't put my finger on it, or really explain it. The club feels like it's been in shambles for months and I would prefer a clean break. I'm not really sure Pugh deserves a chance any more than anybody else, considering he's now been on the coaching staff for two sacked managers.
If finances dictate then, yep, nothing we can do.

The club has been a shambles for years not months Joe

The last 2 years under carol and Kev have been so much better

Yes we have had a poor season so far and Askey has lost his way and been fired but it happens at clubs all over the country at some point

I can’t help but feel the rugby thing has been blown out of mass proportion, for morale they will try different things to engage and motivate the players

The way some are talking it’s like we have stopped playing football and just play rugby now

I am positive that the current owners will get more things right than previous owners but the are still learning and won’t get everything right all the time

Can't put my finger on it, or really explain it. The club feels like it's been in shambles for months and I would prefer a clean break. I'm not really sure Pugh deserves a chance any more than anybody else, considering he's now been on the coaching staff for two sacked managers.
If finances dictate then, yep, nothing we can do.

Yes we have had a poor season so far and Askey has lost his way and been fired but it happens at clubs all over the country at some point

I can’t help but feel the rugby thing has been blown out of mass proportion, for morale they will try different things to engage and motivate the players

The way some are talking it’s like we have stopped playing football and just play rugby now

I am positive that the current owners will get more things right than previous owners but the are still learning and won’t get everything right all the time

9 minutes ago, vale victory said:

Well, the rugby thing isn't an issue because of it being rugby, but more of the potential injury to players. There's safer ways to boost morale.

I love Carol - think she's doing a great job. Just personally would prefer a clean slate. We have a big summer ahead with the salary cap restrictions, and tough decisions need to be made. 

Well, the rugby thing isn't an issue because of it being rugby, but more of the potential injury to players. There's safer ways to boost morale.
I love Carol - think she's doing a great job. Just personally would prefer a clean slate. We have a big summer ahead with the salary cap restrictions, and tough decisions need to be made. 

I agree about the big summer ahead and it’s nearly time for the early bird season ticket prices

Will people want a refund on this season ?
What will the take up be ???
What about all the people in hospitality who have paid big money for an executive box this season ?

The club is looking at a massive financial hole for next season

I think you’re right . Something strange seemed to have happened with Mick Ede leaving and Sinclair took over recently ?
They won one game all season and the only team below them in the league were Bury who didn't play a game. There was nothing strange about it

26 minutes ago, vale victory said:

I agree about the big summer ahead and it’s nearly time for the early bird season ticket prices

Will people want a refund on this season ?
What will the take up be ???
What about all the people in hospitality who have paid big money for an executive box this season ?

The club is looking at a massive financial hole for next season

The take up will be a lot more than last season. Majority brushed off the 5 games .

Different ball game this time , personally speaking. 

20 hours ago, CambridgeDon said:

I don't know anything about Sinclair other than what I've read in his public profile on wiki. Great record as a player but I took one look at his coaching/managerial record and thought No thank you.

I wouldn't want anyone with such a mediocre record anywhere near the manager's job.

No me neither but as a coach I don't see the problem - unless the rumours are true and we have resorted to play rugby in Pugh's absence!

The take up will be a lot more than last season. Majority brushed off the 5 games .

Why is it a different ball game ???

If you have paid thousands of pounds for an exec box and not sat in there once all season , would you be happy with no discount next season ?

The club needs the money so if it applied a discount to everyone it would leave a massive shortfall

All this money would be needed to attract a good manager

So that’s why I think we will stick with Pugh , we may have no choice

26 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Interesting one, the season ticket refund situation.  Surely the club will argue that we have had 23 * £10 = £230 of value through ifollow, plus free programmes?  Not arguing or critisising your post mate, but if the club had to repay 4000 ST monies - that's game over I would think.  I can understand that peoples circumstances could well have taken a turn for the worse and they may really need a refund.  Not sure what the legal position would be here?  Maybe a few away games could be thrown in as a sweetener?  Of course ifollow can never replace being at the game live!!      Unless we can be pretty certain of being able to actually attend games for all of next season I would have thought that the take up of ST's for next season could well collapse myself.   Very difficult situation for Carole.

4 minutes ago, vale victory said:

Why is it a different ball game ???

If you have paid thousands of pounds for an exec box and not sat in there once all season , would you be happy with no discount next season ?

The club needs the money so if it applied a discount to everyone it would leave a massive shortfall

All this money would be needed to attract a good manager

So that’s why I think we will stick with Pugh , we may have no choice

I meant it's a different ball game as more people will want refunds hence a shortfall as you said 

Last season most people let the club keep the money.

I've paid 590 quid for 2 season tickets and we watch the game together. We can get ifollow for 230 quid. Hence it's a different ball game to me letting Vale keep 70 quid back in March. 

It's not the fault of Vale by the way. 

But had I paid 590 for something I could get for 230 at say Ryan Air or the likes I would be going ballistic. 

I understand a football club is different but ultimately not everyone can afford to lose loads of money. 

21 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I meant it's a different ball game as more people will want refunds hence a shortfall as you said 

I've paid 590 quid for 2 season tickets and we watch the game together. We can get ifollow for 230 quid. Hence it's a different ball game to me letting Vale keep 70 quid back in March. 

But had I paid 590 for something I could get for 230 at say Ryan Air or the likes I would be going ballistic. 

I understand a football club is different but ultimately not everyone can afford to lose loads of money. 

If the club appointed manger x who would cost a lot more in wages than Pugh do you think that would sway a decision in wanting a refund and/or renewing a ST if we still couldn't attend games next season.

I think its the kind of angle the club are going have to try and weigh up.

Personally I aren't too bothered about this season tickets. I bought them early doors not expecting to watch a game live until this Easter but wanted to support the owners, especially after they supported the local area. 

Have to say to renewal is a different story..... 

5 minutes ago, MBE said:

If the club appointed manger x who would cost a lot more in wages than Pugh do you think that would sway a decision in wanting a refund and/or renewing a ST if we still couldn't attend games next season.

I think its the kind of angle the club are going have to try and weigh up.

Personally I aren't too bothered about this season tickets. I bought them early doors not expecting to watch a game live until this Easter but wanted to support the owners, especially after they supported the local area. 

Have to say to renewal is a different story..... 

Yes I do  think it will affect decisions.

I usually pay for one ticket on the installment plan and one in cash 

My circumstances have changed. If there is no prospect of attending or the season peters out and my personal opinion about the management situation would come into play. 

Were my opinion that we have regressed or not been bold I'd sadly have to think about renewing purely due to my current circumstances 

Hopefully they might change in which case so would my prospect of renewing . 

Sorry I miss read your post mate

The season ticket situation and hospitality situation is a massive headache for carol

The club have lost a lot of money but face the situation of having less money for next season

We need to finish on a high to attract interest for next season

Archived