onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

From a personal point of view the problems I have with Frank are as follow. First his managerial/coaching record is poor. Second, he rocks up as youth team coach I believe and the youth team haven't won a game. But anyway he then gets promoted. Coinciding with a dive in our league form. Then he becomes assistant. Now he is effectively the boss.

I don't like his ranting from the sidelines*, he seems a bit of a Billy big gonads. I  don't see what he has done to earn the position he has engineered himself into to be honest. 

*Most is not motivational, tactical,  just abusive really. 

Advert

On 14/01/2021 at 20:43, MBE said:

I've noticed quite a few posters are against Sinclair. I certainly don't want him as manager but I'm interested why posters are against him as a coach alongside Pugh?

I don't know anything about Sinclair other than what I've read in his public profile on wiki. Great record as a player but I took one look at his coaching/managerial record and thought No thank you.

I wouldn't want anyone with such a mediocre record anywhere near the manager's job.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Sinclair

1 hour ago, toyahw said:

Second, he rocks up as youth team coach I believe and the youth team haven't won a game

From Wikipedia: 

He was appointed as the club's head of coaching development five months later, saying that "I see a key part of my role as bridging the gap between the younger players and the first team"

So, he's not responsible for youth team results, he's more responsible for brining youngsters into the first-team. I would imagine that's Vale looking at the limit on over 21s and looking for someone to get some youngsters to step up.

It's probably a grey area exactly what that role is and when/what results should be expected but I don't think it's as simple as the youth team coach on the sidelines getting results in matches.

Probably a more accurate judgement on his success/failure will be how many of the youth team get into the first-team and establish themselves under his watch. That's probably not something that can be judged until the summer retained list at the earliest.

I have no issue with Pugh/Sinclair being caretaker but still fail to see what they've done to 'earn their chance/deserve a crack' at the full-time job.

Pugh has been a coach under two sacked managers. Sinclair the last one. Sinclair's record is appalling.

They deserve a chance no more than any external applicant. Not massively keen on the preferential treatment they seem to be getting in this race. As people have said, through circumstance Sinclair will be our manager for the next two, which is fairly ludicrous.

17 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Have to be honest i cant see any further than it being Pugh and get 4 points out of the next 2 games then i cant see a reason why not,either way i wouldn't want Ricketts thats for sure.

Pugh is isolating at home for the next two games so I'm not sure what, if any, effect our results in those matches will have on his prospects as manager.

8 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I would prefer wholesale change. Something isn't right about the current set up.

Like what? I'm just interested. Performances suggest after 2 games that it's an improvement under Pugh. I'm not fussed either way but given the pandemic, finances etc, perhaps we can't afford anymore.

1 minute ago, CAVALIER said:

Like what? I'm just interested. Performances suggest after 2 games that it's an improvement under Pugh. I'm not fussed either way but given the pandemic, finances etc, perhaps we can't afford anymore.

Can't put my finger on it, or really explain it. The club feels like it's been in shambles for months and I would prefer a clean break. I'm not really sure Pugh deserves a chance any more than anybody else, considering he's now been on the coaching staff for two sacked managers.

If finances dictate then, yep, nothing we can do.

15 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I'm not really sure Pugh deserves a chance any more than anybody else, considering he's now been on the coaching staff for two sacked managers.

If finances dictate then, yep, nothing we can do.

Been saying the same since Askey was sacked (and actually before too, in anticipation of this very situation happening).

Would Pugh's coaching experience & track record get him a sniff of a manager's job at any other club? (not just in League 2, but in the National League too?). As I've stated before, he's not even been in the role of Assistant Manager.

If it is all about finances then it just reminds me of when Sinnott was sacked and Bratt then came out and said "we can't afford to appoint a new manager, so we're giving it to Dean Glover" (although in that specific case there was obviously behind-the-scenes plotting going on by a certain few to manoeuvre the situation).

21 hours ago, MBE said:

Was he even a qualified coach at Hungerford? I don;t know.. genuine question. Hope he has learnt a lot since then. if not look forward to 4-0-6 on Saturday.

I think our club problems and his specific arrival are more likely a coincidence.

My mistake,it was Hednesford he managed but all what i said they thought of him still stands,i dont think he was successful 

19 hours ago, toyahw said:

From a personal point of view the problems I have with Frank are as follow. First his managerial/coaching record is poor. Second, he rocks up as youth team coach I believe and the youth team haven't won a game. But anyway he then gets promoted. Coinciding with a dive in our league form. Then he becomes assistant. Now he is effectively the boss.

I don't like his ranting from the sidelines*, he seems a bit of a Billy big gonads. I  don't see what he has done to earn the position he has engineered himself into to be honest. 

*Most is not motivational, tactical,  just abusive really. 

This is what baffles me,we put him as head of the youth set up yet he was accused at Hednesford of ruining their young players by shouting then giving them no position to play in and telling them to play where they want,as you say our youth now haven't won a game

17 hours ago, robf said:

From Wikipedia: 

He was appointed as the club's head of coaching development five months later, saying that "I see a key part of my role as bridging the gap between the younger players and the first team"

So, he's not responsible for youth team results, he's more responsible for brining youngsters into the first-team. I would imagine that's Vale looking at the limit on over 21s and looking for someone to get some youngsters to step up.

It's probably a grey area exactly what that role is and when/what results should be expected but I don't think it's as simple as the youth team coach on the sidelines getting results in matches.

Probably a more accurate judgement on his success/failure will be how many of the youth team get into the first-team and establish themselves under his watch. That's probably not something that can be judged until the summer retained list at the earliest.

I might be wrong here Rob but i am sure he manages the youth team now?? others who watch them might know better

6 hours ago, Wrex said:

Pugh is isolating at home for the next two games so I'm not sure what, if any, effect our results in those matches will have on his prospects as manager.

He will pick the team and set them up and probably do a zoom thing(i know nothing about them) in the dressing room,so win,lose or draw i guess he will have some responsibility there

Archived