onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Advert

On 12/01/2021 at 14:55, werstayinup said:

Say Pugh performs well enough to be given it full time i would be interested to see who he would want as his number 2,have to be honest i would sooner someone else and not Sinclair

Personally I’d rather Pugh the no2 and an experienced head as the manager. Sinclair I quite like, he has some fire about him which the club has been missing. 

Sam Ricketts, ex-Shrewsbury, has had his odds shortened (14 to 8). Would suggest a bet or two has been placed on him.

As things stand Pugh is the clear favourite and then Coughlan, Murray, and Ricketts seem the next most-likely options.

7 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Sam Ricketts, ex-Shrewsbury, has had his odds shortened (14 to 8). Would suggest a bet or two has been placed on him.

As things stand Pugh is the clear favourite and then Coughlan, Murray, and Ricketts seem the next most-likely options.

Have to be honest i cant see any further than it being Pugh and get 4 points out of the next 2 games then i cant see a reason why not,either way i wouldn't want Ricketts thats for sure.

9 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I personally wouldn't want any of those.

On 15/01/2021 at 10:17, Rampant Zebra said:

The body language between Sinclair and Pugh in the technical area doesn't suggest that they get on well. 

It could be that its a needs must at the moment,i am sure if Pugh got the position permanently he would like to bring his own man in and Sinclair would go back to the youth team

On 14/01/2021 at 20:43, MBE said:

I've noticed quite a few posters are against Sinclair. I certainly don't want him as manager but I'm interested why posters are against him as a coach alongside Pugh?

People keep suggesting he's out for his own personal game and will stab Pugh in the back to become manager.

I have zero idea where these strange delusions come from.

They're very, very harmful for Sinclair, and have no basis of truth, who I'm sure is a consummate professional and wants to see the club succeed.

Some still think Sinclair an option because he is loud and passionate ?  Those who advocate him as manager should go back to the Rudgie era - with his side kick Pejic.   One was far more well known than the other, one had played at a far higher level.  Rudgie was the quieter one of the pair and Pej was the fire breathing Dragon. Rudgie was not known for his managerial attributes when he was appointed from within, he just happened to be around at the time.  The situation is very similar now and I would keep going with Pugh to see how it goes, whilst still looking for new manager options. Good businesses dont think about getting rid of a manager and THEN think what type of replacement do we want/require. Good businesses plan ahead and already know what the replacement should be like. I hope Carol and Kev take time to think long and hard about the next appointment as it should be one that will last a long successful time .

On 14/01/2021 at 20:43, MBE said:

I've noticed quite a few posters are against Sinclair. I certainly don't want him as manager but I'm interested why posters are against him as a coach alongside Pugh?

I think you just have to look into his past coaching history and what they think of him at Hungerford where they say he ruined young players,just told them play wherever and liked the 4-0-6 system plus his arrival seems to have coincided with a lot of problems at the club,personally i think we should steer clear

47 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

think you just have to look into his past coaching history and what they think of him at Hungerford where they say he ruined young players,just told them play wherever and liked the 4-0-6 system plus his arrival seems to have coincided with a lot of problems at the club,personally i think we should steer clear

Was he even a qualified coach at Hungerford? I don;t know.. genuine question. Hope he has learnt a lot since then. if not look forward to 4-0-6 on Saturday.

I think our club problems and his specific arrival are more likely a coincidence.

2 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Have to be honest i cant see any further than it being Pugh and get 4 points out of the next 2 games then i cant see a reason why not,either way i wouldn't want Ricketts thats for sure.

Get 9 points from next 3 games,which is possible,then who knows?

Archived