onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Now now Walter,don’t you know it was JA’s fault for questioning some of the players’ lifestyles that led to all the problems.Didnt you see Saturday’s game,Butchers Dogs springs to mind compared with the Mansfield game.( Pope actually ran a few times).I hope we get a right hard nosed ba5tard as manager to sort some  of this lot out and ship them out.
Correct. It's a disgrace theyve been allowed to get away with it. Embarrassing.

I love vale but hate this squad with a few exceptions.

Advert

I'd find it hard to be a Vale fan and hate the entire group of players, bar a few, based on some rumours. Last season we all said what a solid group of lads they were. Hate is pretty strong.

I'm often decried as a moaner/negative but even that's too far for me!

There is going to be a lot of people disappointed with the fact she is giving pugh the season. 

look at the response in effort he got from the players on saturday. If he has the players playing for him and trying then i agree with giving it to him for the end of season.

with the player cap it limits the ability to bring in fresh faces which a new manager would inevitably want to do. So the question is can someone new come in and get more out of the current group of players if they are all behind pugh and get on with him then the answer to that is probably no. So the sensible thing to do would let pugh have a crack at it for remainder of the season then evaluate. 

so instead of moaning which ive done my fair share of over the past couple of months lets get behind carol pugh and the club and see if anything can be made of this strange old season

20 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Players apologised to Carol for not performing. Players responding well to Pugh and very behind him. 'No reason to change that'. Lump on, lads.

Straight on Sky bet 5/4 , seconds later Pugh was odds on at 10/11 .

Only need 10 games for bet to be won. 

However despite the interview I've swerved the odds on .

4 hours ago, PV1973 said:

But then again Askey played 4-4-2 against Carlisle and we were rubbish. 

Or we got outplayed by best team in the division currently. 

I think 442 is old hat but I’m certain games it has its uses like Saturday. 442 is not the way to go against better teams. Horses for courses. 

Just as a counterpoint to the 'no internal appointments' view; Mark Bonner of Cambridge (4th) and Mike Flynn of Newport (2nd) were both internally appointed after their boss was sacked.

Not saying at all this bodes well for Pugh - just that sometimes such a move can be successful. Both operated as caretakers and were successful before getting the job permanently. 

5 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Just as a counterpoint to the 'no internal appointments' view; Mark Bonner of Cambridge (4th) and Mike Flynn of Newport (2nd) were both internally appointed after their boss was sacked.

Not saying at all this bodes well for Pugh - just that sometimes such a move can be successful. Both operated as caretakers and were successful before getting the job permanently. 

For whatever reason we just never seem to get this kind of appointment right. It’s never a steady ship like an Exeter or Colchester etc where they are in and around the right end of the table. 

1 hour ago, Andyregs said:

Been saying for a while, the club should have an idea of what type of club they want to be, what is the owners vision, and employ within that framework. Then if someone leaves there is a fluid transition. You don’t have to rebuild every couple of years. Crewe are an example. If you manage them you work within the clubs philosophy. 

Developing ex-academy/U21/23 players ?

Archived