onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

36 minutes ago, pete vale said:

The only thing I do know that Carol and the board would have thought hard about dismissing JA, in turn there will be a professional appointment process involving all the right people, taking as long as it takes and Carol will make the ultimate decision,

Will it be the right one? Who knows, football is not as straightforward as that, too many influences and factors, even luck plays it's part.

I wanted Alexander personally, he would have been ideal but may not have been in budget anyway.

Danny Pugh will be considered and why not, John Rudge started somewhere......

So did Michael brown 

Advert

8 minutes ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

At least we know that whoever takes over will have a fair crack at it, unlike when the fat man was here.

Pugh and Sinclair are a different prospect than Brown, if you ask me. Unless you can get a really good manager, it's a lottery at this level. Personally, I'm more in favour of young and hungry, whoever that is. 

How so? Sinclair has been awful thus far in management

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

People still tugging themselves off over the Cowley’s! I would rather we had Pugh and Sinclair with them getting the £1 million plus their wages would be. 

I wouldn’t, if we can afford Cowleys then we should try and get them. 
Would you prefer the Cowleys running the team with a limited budget or Askey on charge with £500k to spend on players?

16 minutes ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

At least we know that whoever takes over will have a fair crack at it, unlike when the fat man was here.

Pugh and Sinclair are a different prospect than Brown, if you ask me. Unless you can get a really good manager, it's a lottery at this level. Personally, I'm more in favour of young and hungry, whoever that is. 

And end up with a other Sinnott?

A couple of comments on here about Micheal Brown, please remember the situation he was in is completely different to the one Danny Pugh is in. Browny had Norman to deal with, and was expected to shop at poundland with 76 pence in his pocket. Also didnt get to pick who he wanted, somebody else was sorting that for him. Yes ultimately he failed and was hounded out, but could it of been different for him under good owners who backed him 100 %? We will never know. I probably slated him aswell on here because I'm a fickle football fan, but in highsight,i feel sorry for the bloke, tried his best with his hands tied behind his back. Any manager coming into the hot seat now, will have much more support and backing. Aspin for that matter had the same to deal with. That's why when you hear Danny Cowley saying they want to move somewhere with good owners, you can understand why. The owners are vital to a manager succeeding.

You might as well pin a tail on a donkey blindfolded because it's impossible to guarantee success. Just cross everything and hope.

Rudge, I think was reserve coach at Torquay before coming here. Can you imagine the uproar on here if we picked Torquay's reserve coach today? 

Bobby Charlton, arguably England's best player, was hopeless at management. Work that one out. He'd played against the world's best players and under great, great managers like Busby and Sir Alf Ramsay. But he couldn't square the circle.

None of us know who will be best for Port Vale. It's in the lap of the gods and is a huge gamble.

This time, however, we have sensible, intelligent owners and a number of older heads at the Club who can advise them.  They won't please us all with their eventual pick but they will do what they think is best for us and the Club.

10 minutes ago, connor hackett said:

A couple of comments on here about Micheal Brown, please remember the situation he was in is completely different to the one Danny Pugh is in. Browny had Norman to deal with, and was expected to shop at poundland with 76 pence in his pocket. Also didnt get to pick who he wanted, somebody else was sorting that for him. Yes ultimately he failed and was hounded out, but could it of been different for him under good owners who backed him 100 %? We will never know. I probably slated him aswell on here because I'm a fickle football fan, but in highsight,i feel sorry for the bloke, tried his best with his hands tied behind his back. Any manager coming into the hot seat now, will have much more support and backing. Aspin for that matter had the same to deal with. That's why when you hear Danny Cowley saying they want to move somewhere with good owners, you can understand why. The owners are vital to a manager succeeding.

Whilst the owner didn’t help, Brown was a truly abysmal manager, we’d not have a shot on target for the entire game and look hopeless. Potentially the worst manager I’ve seen at Vale.

There’s no one role at the club that is, as important, as the manager - if the owners are serious about getting up the leagues, which I believe they are, they will do the right thing and appoint someone with pedigree.

I can’t see them appointing Danny or Frank, if you listen to Danny’s comments post match he would not be drawn on talking the role, that’s because he knows it is only short term.

Big appointment this one, they will invest in the right manager

14 minutes ago, connor hackett said:

Michael Brown inherited a League one team 7 points above the relegation zone. 

He then came out with his classic ' every game is a cup final quote ' .

We won 2 of our last 10 and failed to score in 8 of the 10 , all this whist supposedly fighting for our lives 

The following season having incredibly kept his job we had all the excitement of winning at Crawley where it appeared all was rosy. Then we contrived to get 2 points from the next 30.

So at the end of his tenure he won 3 from 20. 

Norman or no Norman he was absolutely horrific and hideous as a manager. The bloke who perservered with the likes of Tonge, Kay and that half hearted toss pot mate of his Ryan Taylor . 

I've had nightmares writing that .

He was appalling. 

There’s no one role at the club that is, as important, as the manager - if the owners are serious about getting up the leagues, which I believe they are, they will do the right thing and appoint someone with pedigree.

I can’t see them appointing Danny or Frank, if you listen to Danny’s comments post match he would not be drawn on talking the role, that’s because he knows it is only short term.

Big appointment this one, they will invest in the right manager

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/danny-pugh-lets-performance-talking-4873391

I think Danny knows this is just a caretaker role, regardless of results

46 minutes ago, connor hackett said:

Brown was mad. 

50 minutes ago, connor hackett said:

Hounded out 😂😂😂😂 he got us relegated from league one and nesrly league 2. He wasn’t bloody hounded out. Worst manager we have had by a mile. Tried his best let me have a go then I’ll try my best

Archived