onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Advert

Tell that to the Pope Cult Jean. Never forget when Pope went to Bury and we played them away. We were on one of Charlie Hollands Coaches with the likes of Becky and Karen Allen. Will never forget how they all were hoping Pope would score against us that day. Sadly for some Pope is bigger than the Club. That's why, nothing against Pope, but I do feel it would be better for the club if he wasn't involved.

Tom Pope is not bigger than the club.  An excellent servant without doubt, but not bigger than the club.  No one is.

I agree. Everyone in the club seems to love him. I have doubts, as he's been coach under two managers who have been sacked, but this is a massive opportunity for him. Maybe we'll stumble into something great. Maybe not.
Depends on what he has learnt from them, maybe to do some things differently, especially things that did not work out.

7 minutes ago, MBE said:

Pope's piece was a load of crap today. How can he say players where playing trying to get own the ball rather than putting in tackles etc..? Not what I have watched over the past few months, they have done neither.

To say that want Danny Pugh to get the job.. well no surprise there. All of the lads will do to cover their arse.

To be fair, in a lot of walks of life, people within an organisation would prefer the stability that an internal appointment would likely bring.

A new broom brings uncertainty, which can have both positive and negative impact, many people find that uncomfortable.

Just now, Fosse69 said:

Depends on what he has learnt from them, maybe to do some things differently, especially things that did not work out.

I hope so. I think if we do choose to go for a younger manager, there will be countless of candidates out there who are at bigger clubs working under successful managers, who could bring a new perspective on things and new ideas, as well as some new recruitment/analytics people. I hope we widen the net.

8 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Go Carol or Colin - contact them and see if they want to come here and more importantly they want to buy into your plans for Vale.  You never know it could be financially viable.

Agree, You don't know until you ask. Sell them a vision and ambitious project and see where it goes. 

4 minutes ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

To be fair, in a lot of walks of life, people within an organisation would prefer the stability that an internal appointment would likely bring.

A new broom brings uncertainty, which can have both positive and negative impact, many people find that uncomfortable.

Very true they will be worried for there jobs and rightly so.. half of that squad don't currently deserve a contract.

I hope so. I think if we do choose to go for a younger manager, there will be countless of candidates out there who are at bigger clubs working under successful managers, who could bring a new perspective on things and new ideas, as well as some new recruitment/analytics people. I hope we widen the net.
To get the job he will have to come up with new ideas to convince Carol I would think.

I’ve often hoped we could widen the net on a Saturday

3 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
11 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:
Probably, but they are out of work and may feel they could use Vale to bounce back or go places with Vale like they did with Lincoln.  You can only dream emoji1787.png

Depends if they see potential. Could we offer a performance related deal?

They may find that sort of deal attractive, win bonuses and built in pay rise if they get us promotion.  More important they may feel they would like a challenge and when has Vale never been challenging - us fans have seen this over years.  For me that has been over 47 years, but still come back for more.  🤣

1 minute ago, ItsPricey said:

Interesting to hear Adam Yates say that Carol hasn't even started going through the applicants CVs yet. Although I can imagine 90% of them being tosh.

Wouldn't suprise me if the clown Ryan Burge applied again.

Archived