onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Advert

8 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I didn't realise that 5 out of 7 at the top have managers in their first jobs,they took the gamble and it paid off for them,it just seems be us who cant find them

I've banged this drum for a while.

Last season too - Lowe, Artell, Wellns all relative newbies. Taylor and Duff were up there too.

Just have to trust the managerial recruitment process and the owners to support them, and surround them with good coaches and scouting staff. 

46 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Not someone i would of wanted but maybe Pugh would be better option than we think(better than sinclair or Heskey i mean),i guess we will find out tomorrow with how they play/system and how they play for him but if you are going go down the young coach route then why not i suppose

Yes in the short term I’m optimistic it will give us a little uptick. 

20 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Last season too - Lowe, Artell, Wellns all relative newbies. Taylor and Duff were up there too.

Just have to trust the managerial recruitment process and the owners to support them, and surround them with good coaches and scouting staff. 

I trust them no matter who it is than Gorm thats for sure and i will back them with as well and hope we all do instead of having a meltdown as its their money they will be risking with the wrong appointment(season ticket sales etc)

Weirdly I think this is the first time we've been in the market for a new manager that I think it's far easier to name who I don't want than who I do.

There's 7-8 names that I'd be ok with, probably more if I read the full thread.

I think there's a few red flags with Sinclair in terms of the rumours in the last few weeks/the opinions of the non-league fans and the fact that he's not been given the caretaker role.

This Murray chap sounds like he could be in the mould of the managers who seem to be very successful currently - in terms of his philosophy on youth and the importance of good recruitment. I'd love it if we could appoint a younger manager who has grander ideas than just the day to day training and team selection.

I'm not sure I want an overly 'negative' manager though which some mansfield fns described. But that may have been him playing the cards he was dealt a bit rather than purposely setting up to be negative. 

Welcome to the Danny Pugh trial and during a transfer window.... I really hope I'm wrong but this has Micheal Brown esq. disaster written all over it. FFS 

Another lost season in this piss poor league. 

44 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I agree 100% Joe, with the exception of Artell who inherited a very good crop of young lads in 2017 who he struggled with at first but now they had a few years under their belts are doing very well, Covid is going to work in their favour as well because without it they would probably lose a couple this month, Kirk and also Owen Dale who has just won the Sky Bet League One player for December.

1 minute ago, blackdog said:

I agree 100% Joe, with the exception of Artell who inherited a very good crop of young lads in 2017 who he struggled with at first but now they had a few years under their belts are doing very well, Covid is going to work in their favour as well because without it they would probably lose a couple this month, Kirk and also Owen Dale who has just won the Sky Bet League One player for December.

They have just received an offer for Perry Ng from Cardiff and lard are reported to be interested in someone called Pickering

7 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

They have just received an offer for Perry Ng from Cardiff and lard are reported to be interested in someone called Pickering

They will have to sell because like most clubs they are skint,I don't know if they can replace them as easily though so it will be interesting to see how Artell copes.

Perhaps we need to bide our time in this appointment. With Covid running wild and EPL teams saying that they can’t put out a team so they’ll play a youth team. Shrewsbury saying they don’t have enough players to put a team out and the rising number of players testing positive, surely the league will shortly be suspended indefinitely. 
I don’t know if the league would resume from the position it is now or the reset button will be pressed with no promotion or relegation.

Archived