onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

image.thumb.png.a1a30a8974b5f764ad2140b8aafe1f9e.png
The bookies haven't got a clue - how would they? I doubt they'll have someone hiding in a bush outside the Lorne Street spotting applicants going in for interviews (although they're probably done remotely now which makes it even less likely anyone outside of the club know anything).
Look at some of the names on there! Nigel Pearson? No chance! Michael Brown? No thanks!
At this stage it's merely a random list of out of work managers and people with loose Vale links.
The amount of people that seem to be in the know at our club is crazy. Can guarantee it will be leaked. Just like the sacking was. Someone even leaked the time we would announce the sacking.

Advert

37 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Two things:

1. Bookies haven't a clue

2. Experienced does not equal good. Inexperienced does not equal bad.

1)One of the top 6 in the betting will be the next manager.I will be surprised if it isn’t.

2) Correct but that also depends who it is.

Joe,what you also need to take into account is the leaks that continually come out of VP.

If Pugh wins a couple of games, it will be Pugh until the end of the season. People seem to be forgetting that as lovely as our owners are, they don't really have a pot to piss in, in regards to investment because they are still paying back to Smurf. We'll have plenty of decent managers applying but it doesn't mean we can get anywhere near to the salary some of them will be asking. Port Vale football club always goes for the cheap option. At best we'll end up with Adams on a short term deal, at worst it will be Pugh or Emile <ovf censored> Heskey!

20 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Hasn't Alexander gone to Motherwell? 

To be honest I am glad as he wasn’t very respectful to Vale fans when we beat Scunthorpe when he was manager

5 minutes ago, TylerB said:

If Pugh wins a couple of games, it will be Pugh until the end of the season. People seem to be forgetting that as lovely as our owners are, they don't really have a pot to piss in, in regards to investment because they are still paying back to Smurf. We'll have plenty of decent managers applying but it doesn't mean we can get anywhere near to the salary some of them will be asking. Port Vale football club always goes for the cheap option. At best we'll end up with Adams on a short term deal, at worst it will be Pugh or Emile <ovf censored> Heskey!

Just to be devils advocate, what would the difference be between us hiring hesky, and rangers hiring Gerard, or derby with Rooney, or Chelsea with lampard. 

4 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

Just to be devils advocate, what would the difference be between us hiring hesky, and rangers hiring Gerard, or derby with Rooney, or Chelsea with lampard. 

If you've ever seen Heskey speak for just a minute, you'll know the difference between the players you mentioned.

He would make John Askey look like Jurgen Klopp charisma and passion wise. If we get Heskey then we might as well bring in Michael Owen as his assistant. And Mr. Bean as Chief Scout.

3 minutes ago, TylerB said:

If you've ever seen Heskey speak for just a minute, you'll know the difference between the players you mentioned.

He would make John Askey look like Jurgen Klopp charisma and passion wise. If we get Heskey then we might as well bring in Michael Owen as his assistant. And Mr. Bean as Chief Scout.

Ill be honest, I can’t say I’ve noticed a big difference between how eloquent Wayne Rooney and Stephen Gerard are compared to heskey. I’m not saying i want him as manager, i have no idea what his credentials are, or what his style of management would be, but I just don’t see what the difference is. 

13 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

Ill be honest, I can’t say I’ve noticed a big difference between how eloquent Wayne Rooney and Stephen Gerard are compared to heskey. I’m not saying i want him as manager, i have no idea what his credentials are, or what his style of management would be, but I just don’t see what the difference is. 

We're in League Two facing a possible relegation battle on current form...? We may as well be playing a different sport compared to the guys above taking over at top-level clubs.

54 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

1)One of the top 6 in the betting will be the next manager.I will be surprised if it isn’t.

2) Correct but that also depends who it is.

Joe,what you also need to take into account is the leaks that continually come out of VP.

The last point is concerning. Whoever is responsible needs sanctioning. It's been a circus for a few weeks, and whatever has transpired, someone is letting Carol down big time with these whispers.

33 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Port Vale football club always goes for the cheap option.

We may have done under two of the most incompetent chairmen of recent times in Bratt and Smurthwaite, but I have no idea what makes you so certain this will occur again, bar unsubstantiated presuppositions about Pugh/Heskey.

I believe the owners do have a pot to p*ss in, as well, despite the different financial climate they are operating under.

Assessing a manager by his personality as portrayed to us is wrong.  We don't know what they are really like. Just because someone doesn't run up and down the touchline doesn't mean he isn't passionate and thoughtful. And with a coaching team behind him there is always room for the good cop-bad cop routine.

Sir Alf Ramsay? I don't think the likes of Paisley and Busby were loud, bombastic, demonstrative people either but they got the job done. John Rudge too.

Just trust the owners to do their due diligence.

Archived