onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

On 05/01/2021 at 21:36, TJHValiant said:

You’re right, but I think Barton as a manager is finished. How can he command respect with his antics while a manager? Imagine Legge gets sent off...what could Barton say without being a total hypocrite? 

He could chin him!

Advert

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Some interesting comments on Adam Murray from stags fans on their forum.

- - - - - 

He went all defensive which ultimately cost him his job. Had an eye for a good player in terms of signings. Maybe a decent spell as interim manager and assistant may have changed his philosophy

- - - - - 

Led us to a very respectable 12th placed finish on a relatively shoestring budget. Quite impressive when you consider he saved us from almost certain relegation the season before.

He signed Pearce, Benning and Rose who were the backbone of our team under Evans and Flitcroft. He also signed Rhys Bennett who was excellent and is still one of the best defenders in the division.

He did end up being a bit too defensive, but he has more experience now.

He was also keen on looking for an edge. My favourite was when he put the exercise bike next to the dugouts to keep players warm.

He’s also brave. He invited fans to go and meet him in his office when there was moaning and groaning on the terraces.

I’m happy with Clough, but would like to see Muzza succeed and also one day come home to the Mill.

- - - - - 

Perhaps would have been given more time to build had the Radfords not befriended Steve Evans.

As well as those mentioned above, also signed Vadaine Oliver, Billy Kee, Junior Brown, Matty Blair, CJ Hamilton. I believe he also had Ben Whiteman lined up prior to his sacking and Steve Evans went ahead with the deal anyway.

- - - - - 

Remember clearing the snow from the pitch with him when we were non league ... Sat and had a cuppa with him when we had finished and thought what a nice bloke he was ... The main thing as others have said he could pick a player .. I hope he gets your job and does well he certainly has served his time ...

- - - - - -

I honestly think that Murray was the one we let get away. He signed some phenomenal players on a total shoestring of a budget and saved us from certain relegation. The two managers who followed spent a fortune on players yet relied on those signed by Murray as the backbone of their teams.

At the time of his sacking, our chairman was desperate for instant success and thought he could buy it with big name managers. We are still in the same league and it’s only now that we have Clough in charge that I am confident we will progress to the next level. If we had stuck with Murray and given him the same budget, I feel we would have made the progression to league one at least by now.

I have watched his time as caretaker manager at Barnsley on two occasions and each time he has left them better than when he took over. I would have welcomed him back at Mansfield before Nigel arrived and am sure that given a couple of seasons in charge of any league two club, he will get them in shape and moving forward.

So in summary no please don’t sign him as we don’t want another rival for next year’s promotion race.

Maybe i was harsh on Murray when we were linked with him but he did discover some good players for this level by the looks of it.

My first choice is and always has been Derek Adams a manager still in a job and exceeding expectations,my 2nd was Alexander but that a dead duck now but if we are going to go down the young fresh coach type of route then i guess Murray would have to be up there after being at Barnsley,that will certainly of helped him as they play some good attacking football

On 04/01/2021 at 19:17, Davo666 said:

Derek Adams at Morecombe is definitely the standout candidate,has a great record and a release clause in his contract !!

Wait for me Davo666, I'm coming with ya. Tin hat on. Tot of rum. Poke head out of trench. "Derek Adams please". Dive back down into trench. Tin hat off and await bully beef and biscuits. 

All a bit quiet at the moment.  We didn't need to do what WBA obviously did by having big Sam in place almost before Bilic had been sacked, but having made the decision to part company with John Askey, I would have thought that the board would have some replacements in mind? I hope that recruitment process is ongoing behind the scenes and we shall soon get some positive news.  If the new incumbent is to have any chance of re-shaping the squad during the January transfer window, he needs to be appointed asap.

All a bit quiet at the moment.  We didn't need to do what WBA obviously did by having big Sam in place almost before Bilic had been sacked, but having made the decision to part company with John Askey, I would have thought that the board would have some replacements in mind? I hope that recruitment process is ongoing behind the scenes and we shall soon get some positive news.  If the new incumbent is to have any chance of re-shaping the squad during the January transfer window, he needs to be appointed asap.
What we need is a statement from Carol !

Jesus, give it time for crying out loud. This needs to be the right decision and one that can't be made in a matter of days.

I give up !

Honestly I would put zero credibility on a fans opinion on a manager, wether that be on social media or a forum, let alone use that as a barometer for me deciding if I’d like him at our club or not. 
If that's the case maybe we should have kept askey or even brown

So the new manager is Frank Sinclair apparently and they have named Danny Pugh as a decoy ,is that what I'm reading and hearing .

His he not a centre half who played for Chelsea  so how come if he is a former top league appearing player  (not player although he may have being as I haven't followed his career I wouldn't know  whether he was any good or not  but must be to play in top league though ).

So I ask this question if he is so good why are our defence breached so easily so often since he come into the club .

I hear he is the one taking training so I will give him the benefit of ths doubt for now let's hope he knows what needs to change and which players need to be shown the door .

As a fan I could tell him but I do not get paid to do that ,a football forum is for views and opinions nothing more .

Folk argue fervently on here  I have no idea why its not worth arguing about ,but we will all still be loving the Vale when these players are long gone but be nice look back on 2021 and say oh my goodness werent the Vale good that year.

So message for players and management make sure that's the case. 

3 hours ago, Birches Head Fred said:

What we need is a statement from Carol !

Jesus, give it time for crying out loud. This needs to be the right decision and one that can't be made in a matter of days.

I give up !

I wasn't demanding anything from Carol. All I was expressing was a sincere hope that the recruitment process doesn't take too long that it creates timing problems for any new manager to achieve the squad re-balancing that's necessary in the January transfer window. 

Archived