onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

My main concern with pugh being in charge is that it will be a 'jobs for the boys' mentality, with the likes of smith, legge, Joyce and pope starting every game when fit, regardless of performance. Hope I'm wrong, but I do worry about pughs ability and respect to say no to the older underperforming players

Advert

It will be interesting if Carol uses business management interview techniques through this process and get the new manager to appoint a number 2 who closely links with the coaching and development side.

For me, the number 2 appointment is also quite important and a good balance and trust within in the team can only benefit our club.

Cowley’s would seem to have this.

48 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

It makes me laugh when fans say he loves the cub he knows how the Clubs run he’s vale through and through -what difference does any of this sh-t make when choosing a manager 

I didn't say any of that, I don't know if he loves the club or not but he has been working towards becoming a football manager while working at Vale and has probably picked up some insight into our way of working. He probably has some idea of how to manage player expectations too.

Any chance the owner's family have already made a decision !!??, and Pugh is just a front, someone mentioned Frank Sinclair was taking training and Askey mumbling something about level playing field in last match interview, (internal stab in the back maybe and Leon's prepared statement ??!!) we all have our different thoughts\opinions and all want the same, that long awaited successful period again. up the vale.

Any new manager is a risk look at how well the vastly experienced Micky Adams did at tranmere when he got them relegated from the league. Askey gone is what most fans wanted and is what was needed in my opinion. My main concern is what caused the problems in the first place and the fact it was allowed to go on and is it going to be still going on when a new manager is appointed

Any chance the owner's family have already made a decision !!??, and Pugh is just a front, someone mentioned Frank Sinclair was taking training and Askey mumbling something about level playing field in last match interview, (internal stab in the back maybe and Leon's prepared statement ??!!) we all have our different thoughts\opinions and all want the same, that long awaited successful period again. up the vale.
This is a big concern for me the fact that we're going to sign players without a manager in place doesn't sit well with me and if I was a manager looking at the job I wouldn't be happy knowing what little bit of budget I had left had been spent on players I dont know and possibly don't fit the system I want to play

I think Danny will probably get a chance at management one day but as first team coach at the Vale has he yet produced the goods to warrant an upgrade?With regard to any new players coming in ,I  think they have probably been identified already and agreements reached.I also think the club had someone in mind before releasing JA.As was pointed out to me yesterday by one of our former greats”That’s the way it works in football “.

1 hour ago, bycarspete said:

There has been too much reference of internal issues to believe nothing has gone on.

I thought the Sinclair appointment strange particularly in this climate. I have heard from a good source (from in the club), that he does have 'Carol's ear' whatever that means. There is a link with him and Heskey. legge's statement does not wash, to be honest I respect Leon and he has been great at all his clubs but again, something has engineered the change in his performance and in particular discipline on the pitch. I don't know Frank Sinclair but to me why would he take a position at Vale? He must have a 'bigger picture' for progression and his own development within the game.

I do think JA made many mistakes, largely recruitment but if it is true Robinson was Sinclairs 'signing' for example, then yes there will be a 'divide' within the squad. as I say, it may be rubbish, however, "there is no smoke without fire".

Whilst Robbie Earle is correct in his column today, he's legitimising the silly view that 'Carol has taken her eye off the football' by giving it a platform.

The numpties who genuinely think this ought to be ignored. It feels great to argue with them, but the more we discuss it, the more it looks like little ol' Port Vale, unhappy at another set of owners, when it's realistically 5% of nutters who give this view any credence.

Another thing Vale fans seem to do; incessantly moan about the 'moaners', which makes it seem that they're are more moans than they're actually is.

Already, people are prophesising the outcry on social media after a managerial appointment. The more we present the fanbase as this monolithic, homogenous mob who are never pleased, the more we'll be perceived that way. It's a few idiots with a twitter account. There's 4000 fans.

The serial moaners are a small bunch. The Carol critics are such a small proportion it's not worth mentioning.

It feels great to smite down the 'doom mongerers', but it just feels counter productive. Ignore them and focus on what's good. We have a great opportunity here.

Joe eventually all managers/ owners fail so it's easy for the moaners to say I told you so. I've never understood the doom and gloomers but it's a part of every day life best not to get to upset about it or like you say you just become one of them
On that note and in the spirit of moaning I'm calling it now that the new manager will fail and i can come back to this post as proof I'm right no matter how long it takes

Archived