onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

5 minutes ago, butt lane vale fan said:

No chance it will be Adams. Carol wants to focus on bringing Youth into the team. So Adams wouldn't fit the profile she is prob looking at.
Poss more chance of John McGreal

He wouldn't be my choice either. But I've seen worse mentioned. Personally I'd like to see a young, hungry manager that has some fresh ideas instead of an old clogger like Simon Grayson who's been bounded about.

Advert

4 hours ago, 1 said:

We all know it’ll be someone cheap and uninspiring, though it doesn’t hurt to hope it won’t be Pugh.

I don't think that holds true, under our new owners? They've clearly been bankrolling the club throughout this pandemic and will - hopefully - continue to do so until normality returns; and I guess they have come up with a payoff for JA and DK? Reputed to have made an offer for Jake Taylor - it may be that Carol and Kevin are prepared to speculate now for future benefits?

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

They're looking at 

1) wages

2) transfer budget

3) backing from owners

4) ability of squad

I really don't think a manager is going to see us as a 'big fish', and even if they did, it's hardly going to impact their decision making if another club is offering more money.

Is there any such thing, by definition  as "big" league 2 club?  We've got a big ground but don't usually 25% fill it and haven't  constantly half filled it for 65 years, but we can always be eternal optimists, though I do think that if someone was able to somehow get us in to the Championship,  that our crowds would be bigger than when we were there in the 90's. Before the dreaming gets out of hand, there's the small matter of being able to crack  League 2

1 minute ago, Old fort said:

Is there any such thing, by definition  as "big" league 2 club?  We've got a big ground but don't usually 25% fill it and haven't  constantly half filled it for 65 years, but we can always be eternal optimists, though I do think that if someone was able to somehow get us in to the Championship,  that our crowds would be bigger than when we were there in the 90's. Before the dreaming gets out of hand, there's the small matter of being able to crack  League 2

100% agree.

People thinking that some managers will be attracted to us because we had a reasonable spell in the 90s are mistaken.

What will attract a good manager, though, are good owners, stable foundations, backing, and some decent players to work with. I think for those reasons will will have some very decent applicants.

Cowleys might be a decent shout, just because of the payoff from Huddersfield? Gives them a little security while the next big job comes up...but, in the meantime, taking on the challenge of the Vale, and making a success of it could only enhance their reputation?  

19 minutes ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Get him in then, obviously knows what he's doing. Rodney is gash, made to look decent by the current pile of **** he's playing alongside. Rodney trips over his own legs atleast three times a match.

He's also ludicrously quick, which is a massive attribute at this level. I don't think I've ever seen such a fast Vale player.

He's miles off technically but he's far from 'gash'. Needs a load of work on his first touch and decision making but the attributes are there.

10 minutes ago, Joe B said:

He's also ludicrously quick, which is a massive attribute at this level. I don't think I've ever seen such a fast Vale player.

He's miles off technically but he's far from 'gash'. Needs a load of work on his first touch and decision making but the attributes are there.

Pointless having pace if you rarely use it. He runs that fast he falls over or even runs that fast he forgets to take the ball with him. Not good enough.

4 minutes ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Pointless having pace if you rarely use it. He runs that fast he falls over or even runs that fast he forgets to take the ball with him. Not good enough.

Our top scorer...and improving with time, game time, experience and confidence! Even Bambi learned how to stay on his feet!!!

Archived