onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Advert

10 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Cowley flopped at Huddersfield so only has Lincoln success behind them; the idea that a Championship club would take them seems unlikely so it’s achievable.

Not sure if they would drop to L2 but we are a big fish at this level so one that had potential for a candidate to do something with over a few seasons

I wouldnt say he flopped, they were a sinking ship and he kept them up and had some very positive moments in that season. I remember the football worlds being a little shocked when he was sacked.

I would see him a bit like Rowett Stoke, didn't do good things with that Shower, but recognised as good managers and got a decent job.

I would love to be wrong, but Cowley is unrealistic in my view.  He will have received a nice pay off so wont be desperate and will wait for a league 1 club minimum before getting back into management.

8 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Err, okay. 👀

They're looking at 

1) wages

2) transfer budget

3) backing from owners

4) ability of squad

I really don't think a manager is going to see us as a 'big fish', and even if they did, it's hardly going to impact their decision making if another club is offering more money.

1 hour ago, davehartshill said:

Harsley is currently head of the Man City under 23’s side (or equivalent). Surely you don’t get a job like that without having something about you. Him being ex-Vale sort of makes me not want him, though as it never works out. 

With the resources and scouts Man City have got, I’d say most ex players would be able to do a job for them in the role he’s in. There’s not a chance we should want anyone like him. This appointment is massive and we can not get it wrong again. Experience please Carol. If you have some money. 

I'd drive them here myself but I can't see the Cowley brothers wanting to start again at the fag end of league two. Nor do we have bottomless pockets.

They did not fail at Huddersfield. They kept them up (which was their brief) and had a long term plan to move the Club forward. Most Terriers' fans (I know quite a few) were shocked when they got ditched because they felt they'd done what they were asked and should have stayed longer. But the Chairman wanted a more expansive playing style and a different approach. But they were a success at the Town and definitely didn't fail there.

What they did at Lincoln was amazing. You might not like their style but they created a well drilled, physically strong outfit, that swept all before it as they came up from non league. I can't see them struggling to get work. 

6 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

What makes you think he would?

He has it in him to give out a rocket or two which seems to be exactly what some of our players and squad as a whole need. I was never a massive Adams fan, not when others worshipped him here. But he would 100% make us harder to beat than we've been for months now. But he's certainly only a short term option for me if we can't get the right man in right now.

Just now, TylerB said:

He has it in him to give out a rocket or two which seems to be exactly what some of our players and squad as a whole need. I was never a massive Adams fan, not when others worshipped him here. But he would 100% make us harder to beat than we've been for months now.

I dont think he suits the carol model(what she requires) i wouldn't want us to go anywhere near him after 5yrs out of the game and not doing that well at a couple of clubs before that,there are plenty to choose from without him

No chance it will be Adams. Carol wants to focus on bringing Youth into the team. So Adams wouldn't fit the profile she is prob looking at.
Poss more chance of John McGreal

He has it in him to give out a rocket or two which seems to be exactly what some of our players and squad as a whole need. I was never a massive Adams fan, not when others worshipped him here. But he would 100% make us harder to beat than we've been for months now. But he's certainly only a short term option for me if we can't get the right man in right now.

7 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

With regard to Ian Holloway, there was an interesting piece in The Times yesterday about Grimsby. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/paul-hurst-picking-up-mess-left-by-ian-holloway-as-grimsby-town-eye-new-era-2zz88sz82

It's behind a paywall but here is the significant paragraph:

"Without the arrival of Covid-19, and other off-field distractions, things might have been different. Holloway, though, walked away having signed 16 players in the summer, most of whom are simply not good enough, and rather than build a team to make people “proud”, he left them with a 30-man squad in desperate need of overhaul."

Not for me...we've already had a couple of clowns signing players of that calibre!

Archived