Next Manager

davehartshill

Advert

23 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

PS Ooops!

Left two out (though there are probably several more):

Danny Cowley, age 42: League Games 224, Win Ratio 49.6%

Graham Alexander, age 49: Games, Win Ratio 43%

They are my first two choices but I think we are more likely to get Alexander.Cowley is more likely to look at a Championship club.At this crucial time we definitely need somebody with managerial experience at this level. 

2 hours ago, philmpv said:

I propose VFIA. Their team selections alone would make Saturday the most entertaining day of the week, regardless of the result

Thanks I will tell him ,I'm sure he would whip them into shape and I hear he is only on 26 grand a year at where he works permanent nights and I'm sure he be happy take the job for a extra few quid for matches and training sessions which would involve passing to a Vale shirt and working on crossing and getting the strikers gambling at the near post to divert it in ,no stoke connections at the club though as hear he doesn't want listen to nonsense like agent Askey Kevan and now Pugh coming out of supporters of red and white stripes ,he would say do we not learn he would say were Vale not stoke .

So I will pass it on to him Lol UTV 

56 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

From the list, I’d like Sol. Good league 2 experience recently and did a good job with Macc. 

He is due a breakthrough role and I think that could be with Vale. 

Campbell managed 30 game at Macc and he did 8 months at Southend, we need an experienced manager at this time.

38 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

I like the idea of Derek Adams too, seems no nonsense in his interviews and talks about the importance of team spirit being throughout the whole club. One thing I would say is he isnt the most motivational speaker, those that want Blood and Thunder and a rousing battle speech wont get it from him, he seems more measured and calm. 

Graham Alexanders win ratio is 43.0% which would put him a very close second on that list. He is tainted by his spell at Salford because on that budget he should have done better, but his ratios at Fleetwood (38.6% -  which would rank him 4th on the list) and Scunthorpe (46.9% - First on the list) were very impressive. Lets not forget that Salford took him because they were buying a very good, highly thought of lower league manager with a proven record. I remember thinking it was a great appointment at the time. As the boys said on the excellent Ale and the Vale podcast, his time at Salford is difficult to judge, its said that he didn't have control of signings and was often given players and made to make them fit. Maybe a return to a club where he can have control back would suit him.

Derek Adam's would be my third choice after Danny Cowley and Graham Alexander.He is not remembered fondly at Plymouth after getting them relegated from League One in 2019 but seems to be doing a decent job at Morecambe.

We need to be quick if we want Alexander,he's odds on to be Motherwells next manager.

Just been on the Motherwell forum and

1 minute ago, For Us All said:

Derek Adam's would be my third choice after Danny Cowley and Graham Alexander.He is not remembered fondly at Plymouth after getting them relegated from League One in 2019 but seems to be doing a decent job at Morecambe.

We need to be quick if we want Alexander,he's odds on to be Motherwells next manager.

I would love Cowley but I fear he is an unrealistic target and will be after another championship job. And after a nice big pay off from Huddersfield he can bide his time and wait for what he wants.

I have just been on the Motherwell forum and the club have said they are interviewing their 4 candidates in the next 48 hours.

Tommy Wright, Graham Alexander, Some bloke I have never heard of and Simon Grayson

8 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Just been on the Motherwell forum and

I would love Cowley but I fear he is an unrealistic target and will be after another championship job. And after a nice big pay off from Huddersfield he can bide his time and wait for what he wants.

I have just been on the Motherwell forum and the club have said they are interviewing their 4 candidates in the next 48 hours.

Tommy Wright, Graham Alexander, Some bloke I have never heard of and Simon Grayson

Alexander the clear favourite there i think

Archived