onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Advert

3 minutes ago, boleyuk said:

Quote from MA Wikipedia from 2018 ""I’m sad to see the Vale where they are. A couple of things about the Vale: To the players… liven yourselves up, and secondly to Norman Smurthwaite, sell the club for God’s sake."

That's been done, would he now come back?

Hope not

3 hours ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Screenshot_20210104-182512_Samsung Internet.jpg

Looking at the list of managers, with the exception of Pugh, you’d  need to be shopping in the Lidl manager store. Pugh is more B&M. I guess it’ll be Pugh then. If it is Pugh will his back room team be Pugh, Pugh, Barney Mcgrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grubb.

Why not Heskey? Every manager has to start somewhere so why couldn’t Heskey come to Vale and do a decent job?

He’s done his badges and is a qualified coach, from his Wiki page it looks like he’s also done UEFA management courses too. He must have loads of contacts in the game I imagine as well. 

There are a few managers at the top of League Two that are in their first Football League jobs. 

2 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

I haven't seen a single name mentioned yet who could do a better job than Askey has done over the last 2 years.

This is a bad day for Port Vale.  I hope to god we have another high profile binning very soon.

Askey would have seen us relegated. What’s your obsession with him and who is the real culprit? 

2 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

No he wouldn't and I am sure you can work it out.

He would. Our form for 12 games has been relegation form. We got knocked out of the cup by a team in the bottom third of the division below, ffs! 

I don’t know who you mean. If there has been trouble behind the scenes I know who I think it’d be and it might surprise some people tbh. 

10 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Why/how is Heskey favourite for the job ?! Not even had any experience coaching has he ? 

EUFA Management Course, internship with Leicester City Ladies,  previous coaching in the Cheshire League.  Source Wiki.  Very strange.

51 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Have the folk talking about the Morcombe manager forgotten that just a couple of days ago Carol told us all that we are £1M down on turnover?  We have just had to pay off Askey and Keven and now you want them to pay compensation for a bloke that finished 22nd in League Two last season....  

Adams has a release clause in his contract.  He got Plymouth into the play-offs in his first year there.  He got them promoted in his second year and up to 7th in League One in his third.  He also had success with tiny Ross County in Scotland. 

Archived