Just now, Howjy04 said:

I think your dad may point you in other directions when mental celebrations were in order,Joe.

I made sure to not do any damage on this occasion. Ruined his back when Legge scored vs Crewe.

• Like 1

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This shows you what a fickle world football is. At half time on 14th November Askey was a good manager. Seven weeks later he’s gone. Very sad. Thanks for all your efforts John and Dave. They were

I'm not happy that he's supposedly lost his job. Unlike Scumthwaite, it's difficult to celebrate someone getting the boot when they're actually an affable and nice bloke. I feel really harsh

Days like today are why I hate football sometimes.  I’m not sure why people are rejoicing. Yes I wanted a change, but this is a genuinely sad day for the club and a very decent guy who obviously

Posted Images

i was right about brown got hammered for it then he was ousted. right about our player/legend aspo. and i was right about askey. we need an experienced hand who has no connections with port vale AT ALL has experience of the league is out of work and may potentially be affordable. some of the names being thrown about already are laughable in that respect. the allen thing is only a suggestion of someone viable who ticks all the boxes. thats it.
If I keep saying to the missus that it's 11 o clock, I'll be right eventually
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The irony, ay. A year ago today, Askey must have felt on top of the world. 

First and foremost, thank you John and Dave for making us believe again. Who knows where we could have ended up without Covid. To steady the ship initially was brilliant. To then making us genuine promotion candidates last season was brilliant. 

Something went terribly, terribly wrong since November.

It’s sad to see them go, it truly is. However, I lost my faith after the Stevenage game. I feel as though the decision has come a bit too late, but it’s one that needed to happen. 

Time to get an experienced Football League manager. 

Edited by Portvale4
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

What has pleased me is that a lot of supporters who wanted him gone are still humble enough to say that it's a sad day and wish him well and thank him for his efforts. 

Pity everyone can't do that. 

A lot of Vale fans wanted him to succeed and even turn it around, but it came very obvious that most of the players had spat their dummies out and were not playing for him anymore, so that was going to be impossible for JA and Co to start winning again. 

The players should be ashamed how they have acted over the past 12 games, but no doubt they wont be bothered at all.  Expect to see an improvement in their abilities now and back to how they played at the start of the season. 

• Like 2

A bit of a blessing that it's been so quick really rather than being dragged out for another half a season. Although it hasn't felt quick watching the games. I'm with the majority I think - thankful to John and Dave for their efforts but the time had come for a change whilst we still have time to stop the rot.

• Like 1

Advert:

18 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

people just like yourself were hurling abuse at me 8 weeks ago 

You started posting again on here 5 weeks ago after a 10 month gap from January. Around the time I was posting things like

On 28/11/2020 at 12:42, Doha said:

More chance of me getting a ST at the stade de incineratòr than paying a tenner to watch this. 

and

On 29/11/2020 at 12:42, Doha said:

More turgid, two shots on target all game, laboured 433 crap from a stubborn, painfully one dimensional manager.  

18 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

hey what do i know 

Clearly the square root of frig all. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

A bit of a blessing that it's been so quick really rather than being dragged out for another half a season. Although it hasn't felt quick watching the games. I'm with the majority I think - thankful to John and Dave for their efforts but the time had come for a change whilst we still have time to stop the rot.

Agreed. John is a decent bloke, the decision was inevitable, feel sorry for John and Colin who was proud that his lad was the manager of his team.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

hes got experience. just what we need. however people just like yourself were hurling abuse at me 8 weeks ago for wanting the manager gone. hey what do i know 🙂 now run along

Why are u acting so hard 😂

1 hour ago, Nofinikea said:

Congratulations, some folk must be feeling smug now.

On 26/12/2020 at 17:23, Nofinikea said:

Oh behave.

Drama queens all over the place.

Advert:

It’s all about the results.

Mr Askey, I suspect, will remain a respected figure amongst most Vale fans, not least for seeing us out of trouble in his first season, and for providing us with optimism, alongside the new owners, in his second.

Like most others I’m really sad that it hasn’t worked out this season. I would have loved John to have been successful, and to have taken us up to League 1. 

Who knows the reasons that that hasn’t happened.

Good luck to him and Dave Kevan, and good luck to us in finding the right answer.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

i was right about brown got hammered for it then he was ousted. right about our player/legend aspo. and i was right about askey. we need an experienced hand who has no connections with port vale AT ALL has experience of the league is out of work and may potentially be affordable. some of the names being thrown about already are laughable in that respect. the allen thing is only a suggestion of someone viable who ticks all the boxes. thats it.

If you are so good at telling us who shouldn’t be manager perhaps you should have a go at telling us who should be?

Obviously things were heading in the wrong direction but the actual catalyst for his resignation was the Mansfield performance on top of the Barrow performance.  Askey’s paid the price and obviously he has some responsibility in there but what we’re left with is a bunch of players with much more ability than they’ve shown and it’s much too easy to scream ‘tactics’ . Tactics a small part of it for me, the problem is lack of taking personal responsibility and lack of character from a number of players ... and they’re still here.  Fundamentally, Askey was a good bloke and I’m beside myself with rage at the players. Disgraceful.

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Just my opinion mate. The Pope goal will live with me forever. 

Also I still think about the emotions of the Mansfield game, that is one I still think about. 

He has plenty of things in credit at Vale and I think it's disingenuous to say otherwise. 

Obviously you must of fancied a win at The Etihad ? 

Give the bloke some slack crikey. 

He had to go there was no choice but I aren't dancing in the streets of Maybank it's a sad day that yet again we are after another manager 

It was good, I enjoyed it hugely but a “memory to last a lifetime” is hyperbole of the highest order.

Askey ruined my Christmas with a series of dire performances.  

Posted (edited)

The right decision but one that I am sure has not been made easily by the owners.

Askey deserves credit and thanks for steadying the ship and delivery of an excellent season against expectations last year including that memorable trip to the Etihad.

As is common in football that led to expectations increasing this season. For a while it looked like he might deliver and as Jean points out it was only November when the wheels came off. You can’t however have the run we’ve had in the last two months, accompanied with some woeful performances and not expect this as an outcome. I would also suggest that despite a good start to this season we had never quite got to the same standard of performances as last year and our league position before this run was perhaps somewhat flattering.

This experience will stand the owners in good stead in the long run. Numerous lessons will have been learnt and whilst nothing in life is ever certain I am confident that some of the mistakes of this managerial regime will not be repeated or allowed to repeat in the future.

I also think the club is now an attractive proposition to candidates.

Let’s hope we get some decent interest, pick the right man and get moving back up the table.

Edited by saintvaliant

Advert:

Just now, TJHValiant said:

It was good, I enjoyed it hugely but a “memory to last a lifetime” is hyperbole of the highest order.

Askey ruined my Christmas with a series of dire performances.  

Disagree . Only my opinion. I still remember fondly Derby, Liverpool, Everton. 

That moment will live with me forever because sat next to me was my son. 

You are more than welcome to disagree I'm just offering my personal opinion. 

• Like 2