19 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Thanks for your efforts John. Gave us some memorable moments and memories to last a lifetime. 

It's a results business and that has dictated. 

Must also add that a few senior players want to hang their heads in shame with their red cards and performances. 

Comes to something when Hurst has been the only bright spark recently, and I don't mean that detrimentally to him. 

To last a lifetime? I hope a 4-1 thumping to Man City and staving off relegation to the conference are not treasured too much in the years to come! 

• Confused 1

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This shows you what a fickle world football is. At half time on 14th November Askey was a good manager. Seven weeks later he’s gone. Very sad. Thanks for all your efforts John and Dave. They were

I'm not happy that he's supposedly lost his job. Unlike Scumthwaite, it's difficult to celebrate someone getting the boot when they're actually an affable and nice bloke. I feel really harsh

Days like today are why I hate football sometimes.  I’m not sure why people are rejoicing. Yes I wanted a change, but this is a genuinely sad day for the club and a very decent guy who obviously

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

So much time? At half time on 14th November he was a really good manager!!

Football is very much a result based industry and football fans have seen managers sacked quicker than JA and Co was.  Carol and Co were probably hoping things would change and most fans hoped this would happen as well.  But the last 4 matches it was very obvious the players had thrown their dummies' and stopped playing for him.  That is what I was referring to, the decision to part company should have been made sooner maybe.  Rightly or wrongly it was their decision to give JA and Co as much time to change things around.  As fans we have to support them and I will as I am grateful we still have a club to support.

• Like 2

Good news after a day back at work. 

Thanks for what you did in your first year John and a brilliant day at Man City. It’s a shame it’s not worked out for whatever reason this season but this is the right decision for the club and one that should have been made a few weeks ago. 

Now to get rid of all these had influences within the club and get some decent players signed and derek adams as manager please 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

This shows you what a fickle world football is. At half time on 14th November Askey was a good manager. Seven weeks later he’s gone. Very sad.

Thanks for all your efforts John and Dave. They were appreciated in some quarters. 

Not fickle at all really. You can win 1 in 12 lose to all the sides around you with 3 of the worst performances in vales history and lose to kings lynn and expect to still have a job. He should have gone after Stevenage but was given much longer to turn it around and we have got worse. It’s a shame as he seems a genuinely really nice bloke but for the club it’s a decision that had to be made

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

1 minute ago, TJHValiant said:

To last a lifetime? I hope a 4-1 thumping to Man City and staving off relegation to the conference are not treasured too much in the years to come! 

Just my opinion mate. The Pope goal will live with me forever. 

Also I still think about the emotions of the Mansfield game, that is one I still think about. 

He has plenty of things in credit at Vale and I think it's disingenuous to say otherwise. 

Obviously you must of fancied a win at The Etihad ? 

Give the bloke some slack crikey. 

He had to go there was no choice but I aren't dancing in the streets of Maybank it's a sad day that yet again we are after another manager 

• Like 6

What has pleased me is that a lot of supporters who wanted him gone are still humble enough to say that it's a sad day and wish him well and thank him for his efforts. 

Pity everyone can't do that. 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I think you can hold that Pope goal strongly in the memory regardless of the result. It made it 1-1 against the treble holders who had most of their team out. Most I've ever celebrated a goal. 

• Like 1

Advert:

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

hes got experience. just what we need. however people just like yourself were hurling abuse at me 8 weeks ago for wanting the manager gone. 

I doubt Doha would have hurled abuse at you for wanting Askey removed. 

Edited by Joe B

1 minute ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

luckily i dont care what you think.

No, I'm offering no opinion, just saying you've gotten mixed up as Doha has wanted Askey removed for a while.

Praise the <ovf censored> lord he is finally gone weeks to late in my opinion but thank god for that!

now is the time to get behind whoever is in charge its not gonna be an easy job turning it arojnd and i can imagine results wont instantly change but lets get behind the boys and try and steady the ship from falling 

up the vale

• Like 1

After just missing out last season I was expecting much more from the Vale this season.Since the Kings Lynn debacle we seemed to have downed tools,apart from the Bolton win.In my opinion the recruitment side of things as been responsible and we have gone down bank.I can't remember when we last won a league game at home and that says it all.

Thanks John and David for your contributions over the last 23 months and I wish you all the best for the future.

Advert:

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

No, I'm offering no opinion, just saying you've gotten mixed up as Doha has wanted Askey removed for a while.

i was right about brown got hammered for it then he was ousted. right about our player/legend aspo. and i was right about askey. we need an experienced hand who has no connections with port vale AT ALL has experience of the league is out of work and may potentially be affordable. some of the names being thrown about already are laughable in that respect. the allen thing is only a suggestion of someone viable who ticks all the boxes. thats it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I think you can hold that Pope goal strongly in the memory regardless of the result. It made it 1-1 against the treble holders who had most of their team out. Most I've ever celebrated a goal. 

I think your dad may point you in other directions when mental celebrations were in order,Joe.

1 minute ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

i was right about brown got hammered for it then he was ousted. right about our player/legend aspo. and i was right about askey. we need an experienced hand who has no connections with port vale AT ALL has experience of the league is out of work and may potentially be affordable. some of the names being thrown about already are laughable in that respect. the allen thing is only a suggestion of someone viable who ticks all the boxes. thats it.

I have no idea what point you're making.

All I said was you were wrong to say Doha had given you stick 8 weeks ago. That's it.