Advert

Advert

Askey gone ? Yes

boslemportvale91

Advert

5 hours ago, sunny boslem said:

Get <ovf censored> leggy 

That’s mainly <ovf censored> 

Feels like an over-reaction. All he is doing is holding his hands up and saying that the players haven't been good enough and giving a public shout out of appreciation to his old boss.

Maybe he should have kept away from the "Rift" comment.... but telling him to get <ovf censored> seems a bit OTT.

8 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

I see Ben whitfield’s dad has posted on Twitter, ‘good riddance to the man who tried to ruin my sons football career’. Could just be sour grapes but there does seem to be a common theme occurring of players not liking him. 

Ben Whitfield was well on the way to doing that all by himself without Askey's input.  Don't forget all those League clubs that were lining up for his signature!

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

Ben Whitfield was well on the way to doing that all by himself without Askey's input.  Don't forget all those League clubs that were lining up for his signature!

He averages a goal every 4 games for Torquay near enough.

What we wouldn't give for a player who can do that from midfield or out wide.

58 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Perhaps Askey did him a favour then by waking him up to what he was in danger of chucking away. 

I think it was right to let Whitfield leave. He had the odd good game and at times combined well with Pope but most fans weren't too concerned when he left. He was very inconsistent here. You win some and lose some. It goes with the territory. 

2 hours ago, TylerB said:

The breakdown of his performances at the vale spoke for themselves... he was always thought of as a “game changer” but I was sad enough to go through all his games and so the analysis of how many extra points we gained after he came in to change the game. 

I can’t remember it exactly but he definitely didn’t add many and on a few occasions we lost points after he was brought on.

Hes doing well in the National league... but so did Askey, Whitehead, Quigley etc etc etc etc 

Some people on here are absolute <ovf censored> idiots. The same person who, just 3 months ago, started a thread saying that Legge improved with age like a fine wine (or something like that) is now saying that (less than one hundred days later) Legge is finished and should be booted out, and hankering after Ben sodding Whitfield. The same people blasting the players for not caring enough are slating Legge for shouting encouragement from the sidelines when suspended. Jokers. 

8 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

Ive heard a few things about john that i never wanted to say in here as i have heard from direct sources but i have heard if you didnt suit his style of play he would completely ignore you and have nothing to do with you which i for one don't understand why you would do this. I suspecy that is what happened to McKirdy he clearly isnt an askey player so has been completely bombed from the squad. A player in know said he has not fallen out with any of the players

i wouldnt be suprised to see him involved again in the next couple of games

Ok Harry.

10 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

I see Ben whitfield’s dad has posted on Twitter, ‘good riddance to the man who tried to ruin my sons football career’. Could just be sour grapes but there does seem to be a common theme occurring of players not liking him. 

There’s something that shouldn’t happen, a parent publicly getting involved in their kids career. Maybe Whitfield has found his level, I don’t think he was consistent enough for us and given he was allegedly a bad influence then he’s wasn’t going to last with Askey. Maybe us getting rid was the kick up the backside he needed. 

32 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

There’s something that shouldn’t happen, a parent publicly getting involved in their kids career. Maybe Whitfield has found his level, I don’t think he was consistent enough for us and given he was allegedly a bad influence then he’s wasn’t going to last with Askey. Maybe us getting rid was the kick up the backside he needed. 

He wasn’t consistent enough I agree. I do think he’s comfortably good enough for league 2 though. Imagine Torquay will go up this year so we could see him again. Think he’s been in team of the month / week on a few occasions 

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

They were at one point were they not? 
He was / is a good player. Nowhere near consistent enough for us especially under askey but performing really well at Torquay. Think he will be back in the league next season with or without Torquay 

55 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

They were at one point were they not? 
He was / is a good player. Nowhere near consistent enough for us especially under askey but performing really well at Torquay. Think he will be back in the league next season with or without Torquay 

Rumour was he had some lifestyle issues.

Mind having seen what his father has tweeted, you can understand why Ben thought he was the dog's danglies.

23 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Rumour was he had some lifestyle issues.

Mind having seen what his father has tweeted, you can understand why Ben thought he was the dog's danglies.

Rumour was Askey dumped on him big style

Having seen what his father has tweeted well, understandable

Archived