onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Askey gone ? Yes

boslemportvale91

Days like today are why I hate football sometimes. 

I’m not sure why people are rejoicing. Yes I wanted a change, but this is a genuinely sad day for the club and a very decent guy who obviously thinks a lot of the place has lost his job.

I hope the players sit up and take note.

Thanks John for keeping us in the League, Crewe away, Man City away and the subsequent run and Bolton (when was the last time we scored 6 away?).

Advert

1 minute ago, TJHValiant said:

To last a lifetime? I hope a 4-1 thumping to Man City and staving off relegation to the conference are not treasured too much in the years to come! 

Just my opinion mate. The Pope goal will live with me forever. 

Also I still think about the emotions of the Mansfield game, that is one I still think about. 

He has plenty of things in credit at Vale and I think it's disingenuous to say otherwise. 

Obviously you must of fancied a win at The Etihad ? 

Give the bloke some slack crikey. 

He had to go there was no choice but I aren't dancing in the streets of Maybank it's a sad day that yet again we are after another manager 

Absolutely disgusted with some players involvement in this. Whilst they remain comfortable on their cushy contracts with no chance of being sacked JA, who gave them the benefit of the doubt when he arrived and kept faith in most this season, without which most would probably be without a club, has his livelihood stripped away. Good luck JA, and thanks. Shame on the majority of our players, particularly the senior ones

8 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

To last a lifetime? I hope a 4-1 thumping to Man City and staving off relegation to the conference are not treasured too much in the years to come! 

I think you can hold that Pope goal strongly in the memory regardless of the result. It made it 1-1 against the treble holders who had most of their team out. Most I've ever celebrated a goal. 

2 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

hes got experience. just what we need. however people just like yourself were hurling abuse at me 8 weeks ago for wanting the manager gone. 

I doubt Doha would have hurled abuse at you for wanting Askey removed. 

Praise the <ovf censored> lord he is finally gone weeks to late in my opinion but thank god for that!

now is the time to get behind whoever is in charge its not gonna be an easy job turning it arojnd and i can imagine results wont instantly change but lets get behind the boys and try and steady the ship from falling 

up the vale

After just missing out last season I was expecting much more from the Vale this season.Since the Kings Lynn debacle we seemed to have downed tools,apart from the Bolton win.In my opinion the recruitment side of things as been responsible and we have gone down bank.I can't remember when we last won a league game at home and that says it all.

Thanks John and David for your contributions over the last 23 months and I wish you all the best for the future.

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

No, I'm offering no opinion, just saying you've gotten mixed up as Doha has wanted Askey removed for a while.

i was right about brown got hammered for it then he was ousted. right about our player/legend aspo. and i was right about askey. we need an experienced hand who has no connections with port vale AT ALL has experience of the league is out of work and may potentially be affordable. some of the names being thrown about already are laughable in that respect. the allen thing is only a suggestion of someone viable who ticks all the boxes. thats it.

8 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I think you can hold that Pope goal strongly in the memory regardless of the result. It made it 1-1 against the treble holders who had most of their team out. Most I've ever celebrated a goal. 

I think your dad may point you in other directions when mental celebrations were in order,Joe.

1 minute ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

i was right about brown got hammered for it then he was ousted. right about our player/legend aspo. and i was right about askey. we need an experienced hand who has no connections with port vale AT ALL has experience of the league is out of work and may potentially be affordable. some of the names being thrown about already are laughable in that respect. the allen thing is only a suggestion of someone viable who ticks all the boxes. thats it.

I have no idea what point you're making.

All I said was you were wrong to say Doha had given you stick 8 weeks ago. That's it. 

Archived