onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Askey gone ? Yes

boslemportvale91

Advert

It’s sad, feel terrible for him, felt bad listening to his interview on Saturday as he sounded close to tears and seemed to know it was over.

As said he’s a top bloke and Vale in his blood, some players should be ashamed, I’m angry at them as to how this has panned out. He gave us great memories, Man City, the wins against Crewe and the games against Swindon and Bradford for instance.

It’s a terrible outcome.

Going forward bonus is we have two free midweeks from league action so hopefully give us time to get someone in before the league game after Grimsby, needs time to get people in as the January work and players Askey had signalled out to go for would be needing to be reworked.

Needs a right appointment now. Huge decision, part hoping Bojo suspends football tonight or the EFL in response to tonight and buys us time to get this sorted.

5 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

This shows you what a fickle world football is. At half time on 14th November Askey was a good manager. Seven weeks later he’s gone. Very sad.

Thanks for all your efforts John and Dave. They were appreciated in some quarters. 

It's a cruel game but it's all about results at the end of the day (except at Sheff.Utd).

FAO Carol. i know you must be feeling pretty bad about this but it was the right decision. its always tough when a club is struggling. all clubs go through it. you have to lance the boil and make changes. youve done that so well done. now you need to resist the temptation to use a cheap appointment from within the club. This next managerial appointment is CRUCIAL and could save the club and its season. Ive said all along a replacement in the Mould of Martin Allen who knows this league inside out would be a good start to look. he took an average gilligham side up as champions and hes currently out of work.

4 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

FAO Carol. i know you must be feeling pretty bad about this but it was the right decision. its always tough when a club is struggling. all clubs go through it. you have to lance the boil and make changes. youve done that so well done. now you need to resist the temptation to use a cheap appointment from within the club. This next managerial appointment is CRUCIAL and could save the club and its season. Ive said all along a replacement in the Mould of Martin Allen who knows this league inside out would be a good start to look. he took an average gilligham side up as champions and hes currently out of work.

Wow at least you now say in the mould of as yesterday was you were saying get Allen in wow again

25 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

If he has actually been sacked or walked, then like all managers that have left, he will be remembered for the good times as well as the sad times at the end of their Vale career.  He has always wanted the best for Vale due to his connections to the club, but some of his baffling tactics and subs have always wound fans up.  

But the Owners and Board should take some of the blame for allowing JA and Co so much time before taking action.  

So much time? At half time on 14th November he was a really good manager!!

Put his faith in them, re-signed them all on most likely more money during difficult times giving them financial security and they've done him like that. Shows how ruthless football can be but time was up, all the best wherever you end up next John. 

Anybody know his win percentage? I feel like it's still decent even with the crap run we're on, may help him get another league club.

8 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

This post started out quite sensibly, and then.............err.

13 minutes ago, Joe B said:

He's trying to have a dig at the people he consistently argued against, who were ultimately proven right.

There's no satisfaction/smugness from me at all; this is a massive week for us. Carol has got to make a good decision, her first of this nature, to steady the ship.

Fortunately, she is well-regarded in football and is running a good club - I anticipate the standards of applicants will be high.

High standards command high wages Joe.Big decision,one I wasn’t expecting not so long after Bolton 3-6 Vale.The club can’t keep changing managers the way it does.While the club is in releasing mode,get rid of some the ******* wasters who are impersonating as footballers,just to add a bit of balance.

• Fosse69 changed the title to Askey gone ? Yes
19 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Thanks for your efforts John. Gave us some memorable moments and memories to last a lifetime. 

It's a results business and that has dictated. 

Must also add that a few senior players want to hang their heads in shame with their red cards and performances. 

Comes to something when Hurst has been the only bright spark recently, and I don't mean that detrimentally to him. 

To last a lifetime? I hope a 4-1 thumping to Man City and staving off relegation to the conference are not treasured too much in the years to come! 

4 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

So much time? At half time on 14th November he was a really good manager!!

Football is very much a result based industry and football fans have seen managers sacked quicker than JA and Co was.  Carol and Co were probably hoping things would change and most fans hoped this would happen as well.  But the last 4 matches it was very obvious the players had thrown their dummies' and stopped playing for him.  That is what I was referring to, the decision to part company should have been made sooner maybe.  Rightly or wrongly it was their decision to give JA and Co as much time to change things around.  As fans we have to support them and I will as I am grateful we still have a club to support.

Good news after a day back at work. 

Thanks for what you did in your first year John and a brilliant day at Man City. It’s a shame it’s not worked out for whatever reason this season but this is the right decision for the club and one that should have been made a few weeks ago. 

Now to get rid of all these had influences within the club and get some decent players signed and derek adams as manager please 

27 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

This shows you what a fickle world football is. At half time on 14th November Askey was a good manager. Seven weeks later he’s gone. Very sad.

Thanks for all your efforts John and Dave. They were appreciated in some quarters. 

Not fickle at all really. You can win 1 in 12 lose to all the sides around you with 3 of the worst performances in vales history and lose to kings lynn and expect to still have a job. He should have gone after Stevenage but was given much longer to turn it around and we have got worse. It’s a shame as he seems a genuinely really nice bloke but for the club it’s a decision that had to be made

Archived