onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Askey gone ? Yes

boslemportvale91

Realistically there’s 3 ways we could go...
1) A manager who has had success in a relatively short managerial career, so more than likely looking at a non league manager, which would be a huge gamble
2) A recently retired pro who’s looking to get into management, again a huge gamble
3) An experienced manager, who is more than likely out of work due to a failure/mitigating circumstances from his previous job, I.e Parkinson/Alexander etc. Less of a gamble in my opinion

Massive decision, cheap football cliche but true.

Advert

17 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Whether this is a good decision all depends on who we appoint.

If we give it to Frank Sinclair until the end of the season then I'd prefer to keep Askey.

This next appointment is MASSIVE.

Simon Grayson for me. 

If they give it to Sinclair I’m not going on Saturday!

The next permanent appointment is a big one.

It'll show how serious we are about the football side of the club.

I think Askey earned his chance when he kept us up.

I also think we did brilliantly last season and had every right to be optimistic this time.

It's been awful though hasn't it? I've been livid after most games.

If we're serious, we should be appointing someone who's showing a lot of promise elsewhere or who has been around the block and knows what he's doing.

Just don't ask me who! Lol

I'd have Derek Adams if it was that simple.

16 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

If they give it to Sinclair I’m not going on Saturday!

I think the obvious thing Jean is that he will be put in temporary charge as someone has to coach the team,this next appointment is so massive for carol considering where we are in the league and to trust a rookie until the end of the season i cant see that one,unless he wins 3 games on the bounce.... i would try get someone for next week though,it will be interesting to see if any players come and go now before a manager comes in as i cant see sinclair being allowed do that unless he is getting the job

I feel an element of guilt and sorry for him. I am certainly one of many who called for this and if true its a huge opportunity to set out a road map for the owners. In theory its not too late either as we are still in reach of the playoffs. So mixed feelings but pleased that suddenly theres a beacon of light and some optimism. Lets hope it is true.

Has he even being sacked who's everyone's source ?.

I do not believe he as ,although be sad for the bloke the fact is you cannot keep doing the same things and come up with the same poor results and maintain a job of a institution as big as Vales (potentially massive ).

Hope it's TRUE but I like I say will not believe it till I see it 

UTV 

If he does end up going, I would love us go for Derek Adams but I can't see us going for someone in a job.  For everyone calling for an experienced manager, just look at the top of the league, Carlisle, Cheltenham and Newport, all appointed managers and it was their first job in management, experience is not everything.

Has he even being sacked who's everyone's source ?.
I do not believe he as ,although be sad for the bloke the fact is you cannot keep doing the same things and come up with the same poor results and maintain a job of a institution as big as Vales (potentially massive ).
Hope it's TRUE but I like I say will not believe it till I see it 
UTV 

Eyes peeled at 4:30 pal, think you’ll be pleasantly surprised

Archived