onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

strange affairs!/?

geoff1

it looks like arthur has been watching too much netflix! -stranger things i think. what the buddah is going on? has the ghost of he who shall not be named, resurfaced? have supporters gone bonkers asking for sir john or adams back? we know need positive action from the board. leadership and responsible decisions must be made before its too late. utv😬

Advert

It's twisting my melon (man) that is for sure.

The elation of getting rid of Gorm and playing some great football to stay up season before last.

The great run in the second half of last season.

The positivity and buzz created, even amidst a pandemic, post season leading to 4,000 fans buying up season tickets (despite knowing it would be on ifollow).

Only the loosest of cannons would suggest the owners are running a chaotic ship or interfering. They're just not that sort.

The manager is the obvious target (and the one I'm pointing at personally). But it still feels odd, somehow.  We have had weird results over the last two years (countless points lost in injury time etc) but we didn't finish 8th by chance last year, we were pretty decent.

The recruitment seems poor, but I still think we should be doing better. Yesterday was, frankly, sickening to watch. It was sad to see, very depressing indeed.

There's a depression hanging over us when, really, we should be surely a lot happier than we were two years back.

It's weird!

2 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

It's twisting my melon (man) that is for sure.

The elation of getting rid of Gorm and playing some great football to stay up season before last.

The great run in the second half of last season.

The positivity and buzz created, even amidst a pandemic, post season leading to 4,000 fans buying up season tickets (despite knowing it would be on ifollow).

Only the loosest of cannons would suggest the owners are running a chaotic ship or interfering. They're just not that sort.

The manager is the obvious target (and the one I'm pointing at personally). But it still feels odd, somehow.  We have had weird results over the last two years (countless points lost in injury time etc) but we didn't finish 8th by chance last year, we were pretty decent.

The recruitment seems poor, but I still think we should be doing better. Yesterday was, frankly, sickening to watch. It was sad to see, very depressing indeed.

There's a depression hanging over us when, really, we should be surely a lot happier than we were two years back.

It's weird!

really wierd!!!!!!!!:drink::drunk::banghead:

5 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

really wierd!!!!!!!!:drink::drunk::banghead:

The dressing room looks lost, that is for sure.

He must have lost it this season though.  Everyone signed up in the summer, which I don't remember ever happening before.  Yes, the pandemic creates insecurity, but footballers are in demand. Most of those lads could have left I reckon.

It could be from a number of sources.

Obvious one is back room staff that have come in who may have rocked the tight ship?

New signings who have disrupted the dressing room? (We know in part that is the case)

It makes little sense because we did so well last season.

This season the first 10 games we averaged 1.9PPG in the following 12 it went down to 0.5PPG is is really a baffling stat.

Then you look at the back line.

First 10 - Goals conceded 7
Next 12 - Goals conceded 26

Is it an issue between some of the defensive players? That’s where the obvious form problem is?

The more worrying stat is the defence has suffered less from injury than other areas, Legge missed one, Gibbo has been out virtually all season so didn’t overly impact the good form either... Monty hasn’t really featured especially at LB.

You can’t go on conceding like we are but unless we can figure out the defensive issue we have problems. Gibbons hopefully will plug the mess Mills has been producing, possibly Monty at LB although don’t think Fitz has done much wrong, certainly compared to the other 3!

The form is baffling when you look at it. It’s total chalk and cheese.

Well when he first came in Askey was going on about things he hadn't seen happening in his 40 years in the game or whatever. Maybe he's just prone to being a bit dramatic when the pressure is on?

Surprises me how honest Yates is with his criticism in the radio, with him being a club employee. Maybe it's simply a case that Askey can't handle dissent/criticism. So whereas perhaps Frank Sinclair is offering what he sees as useful advice but Askey takes offence, maybe the players see that and lose respect for the manager.

I just can't see how Carol would set up a structure where the manager can't succeed. She has backed him. Why would people at the club be undermining him? Perhaps a few players are out of line, but nothing that out if the ordinary I'm sure

Think it's time for a bit of honesty now the fans who stumped up their hard earned cash need to know what the hell is going on. If it stays as it is and know one says anything can only see a lot of people keeping their money in their pocket come season ticket renewals 

3 hours ago, Wrex said:

Surprises me how honest Yates is with his criticism in the radio, with him being a club employee. Maybe it's simply a case that Askey can't handle dissent/criticism. So whereas perhaps Frank Sinclair is offering what he sees as useful advice but Askey takes offence, maybe the players see that and lose respect for the manager.

You make a very good point about Yates. He simply shouldn’t be commenting like he is if an employee of the Club, it simply smacks of disunity. 

I think the wider structure of the club needs questioning. It is unreasonable to think the owners would be excellent at running a football club as they have no experience. I wonder if the FA have offered Carol  a mentor like the did with Smurfwaite and Oyson? 

Even Abramovich at Chelsea may have signed the cheques, but he bought a whole entourage to make sure he ran a club well. Carol has Martin Tidswell, Rudge, Garlick and a few Synetics legal eagles. 

54 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

You make a very good point about Yates. He simply shouldn’t be commenting like he is if an employee of the Club, it simply smacks of disunity. 

What, talking sense? Stating the bleeding obvious? What did you expect him to say yesterday? We were unlucky? (I also believe he works for the trust not the club).

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

I think the wider structure of the club needs questioning. It is unreasonable to think the owners would be excellent at running a football club as they have no experience. I wonder if the FA have offered Carol  a mentor like the did with Smurfwaite and Oyson? 

Even Abramovich at Chelsea may have signed the cheques, but he bought a whole entourage to make sure he ran a club well. Carol has Martin Tidswell, Rudge, Garlick and a few Synetics legal eagles. 

I’m not 100% sure but I don’t think Yates is employed by the club.

He is employed by the Hubb foundation, which is a separate entity.

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Yates works for the Hubb foundation nothing to do with the football club. 

From the 3rd kit release video he was listed as Community Business Partner, which seems to be a Synectics Solutions position.  

To be fair the Vale, the hubb and Synectics are very closely linked, as they are all headed by the same person.  I can see why some people might think that speaking ill of another part of their bosses portfolio might be a bad idea.

That said I don't think that there was anything wrong with what Adam Yates said and I don't think that the current owners would be too upset with employees of any of these groups giving an open, honest, and fairly obvious, opinion.  Previous chair persons would probably take a different view.

2 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

So are you saying Askey shouldn't comment on player performance on Radio Stoke because he is an employee of the club?

Archived