onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

To the players

philmpv

Advert

Some of the players will be happy with what has happened no doubt be dead chuffed that they lost a manager and assistant their job by their antics. 

They should now show how good they are and thump Grimsby and start winning again and repaying the fans for the last couple of months of poor playing.  

Their new manager could be watching them play and deciding if they are staying or going on the transfer market as they are no good.  

Totally agree with you Phil.

It will be fascinating to see what Pugh does in terms of selection. Both when it comes to McKirdy/Robinson and whether or not he drops anyone else.

I'm not saying I don't trust that the players have let us and Askey down but it's possible that terrible performances and results creates friction rather than the other way around which is what Askey has been alluding too.

Assuming he gets to pick a side that is.

2 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Some of the players will be happy with what has happened no doubt be dead chuffed that they lost a manager and assistant their job by their antics. 

They should now show how good they are and thump Grimsby and start winning again and repaying the fans for the last couple of months of poor playing.  

Their new manager could be watching them play and deciding if they are staying or going on the transfer market as they are no good.  

That scenario has been played out at football clubs throughout the world since time began.

It will be fascinating to see what Pugh does in terms of selection. Both when it comes to McKirdy/Robinson and whether or not he drops anyone else.

I'm not saying I don't trust that the players have let us and Askey down but it's possible that terrible performances and results creates friction rather than the other way around which is what Askey has been alluding too.

Let's hope, first and foremost, that pugh doesn't think that he's still got it and puts his boots on for Saturday

4 minutes ago, philmpv said:
6 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Let's hope, first and foremost, that pugh doesn't think that he's still got it and puts his boots on for Saturday

I'm all for giving people chances but I'm Pugh out if he does 😂

Interesting times again at Vale park.  Do we hope for a two week break in football or go for the new manager/caretaker manager bounce?  Which at Vale park does not always happen.  The break would allow the following:

• Allow players to recover from their injuries. 
  • Allow Carol and Co time to bring a new manager in.
  • The new management team can then sort the players out and get them playing the way he wants them to. 
  • Also allows the manager and his team to get rid of players and bring new players in.  Hopefully the transfer window will be extended for the length of the football break as well.

As much i dont think John Askey would have got us promoted the onfield attitude and lack of effort some of the players have shown is shameful and pathetic. As much as John has got is limitations the players need to take their share of responsibilty for the present league position. They have let the club and the fans down badly. I hope they dont go spouting to the media how sorry they feel for the gaffer because it  would sound very hollow.

Too many players at the club simply not good enough for any side that wants out of the league, or in dreadful form and their careers at the club must be in question.

Not good enough:

Crooks, Mills, Whitehead, Robinson

Questionable:

Legge, Smith, Fitzpatrick, Joyce, Burgess, Oyeleke, McKirdy, Amoo, Cullen

Obviously Oyeleke and Amoo have the talent but neither seem capable of putting a run of games together. Joyce looks alright with legs around him when things are going well, but at times he looks an absolute carthorse. You wouldn't worry about him if you're the opposition, that's for sure.

I still think we have some good players for this level for any new manager to work with. Brown, Gibbons, Conlon, Worrall, Montano, Pope (still useful) and Rodney, if you're judging the latter simply on potential and what he could become.

To the players. I have watched the excellent training sessions on many occasions and the input from John Askey,Dave Kevan and John Rudge has been second to none.Whatever has happened on the pitch afterwards is a mystery to me.The games Ive watched have been dross and bear NO comparison  to the training input.I'm convinced certain players have stirred up a hornets nest at the Vale.The reason certain players haven't been involved is because they don't make the effort in training.Lets hope for a strict new manager who can kick these individuals up the backside or out of the club.Thank you, the ASKEY  family, Dave Kevan,for all you did at the Vale.

Archived