onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

To the players

philmpv

If you don't want to play for the club, leave.

If you need faith in your manager to be able to succesfully pass a ball 2 yards, you're in the wrong profession.

If you have lost faith in your manager, at the very least do the jobs that you are being paid very well to do to the best of your abilities.

If you are deliberately causing trouble behind the scenes, hang your head in shame.

If you want a new contract, either here or elsewhere, play for it.

If you have a problem with your manager, have the decency to air it.

Advert

Well said.

Baffles me that grown men cant carry on playing football because of things like them not liking their boss, or someone else being a plank in the dressing room.

They wouldnt function in a normal job.

Pathetic really.

How can you go from a solid team challenging for top 7 to relegation in a matter of weeks because things arent perfect. Just get on with it you bunch of absolute LOSERS

When I was working I had to deal with staff fall outs occasionally.  My policy was to take the parties into a room and say, look I don't want you to marry each other and I don't even want you to like each other but I do want you to do your bloody jobs properly. 

17 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

When I was working I had to deal with staff fall outs occasionally.  My policy was to take the parties into a room and say, look I don't want you to marry each other and I don't even want you to like each other but I do want you to do your bloody jobs properly. 

Mine is similar now but more like , if you don’t want to be here then go, I won’t stop you. If you stay though and piss me about then I’ll make your life uncomfortable within our rules. They tend to go. 

53 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I bet they respected you though?

And believed that you knew what you were doing?

Pro footballers are basically selfish, they only care about their current contract and their future contracts, do I blame them ? No not really, they have a short career and it's all about them.

Agents will be in their ear and I wouldn't mind guessing some of our current squad will be asking their agents if there's any moves in the offering, they don't give a stuff about the club or it's supporters, they are probably more worried about who's got the latest trainers or phone.

There are exceptions but they are few and far between.

Am I cynical? Maybe ,I used to think that the Vale team were playing for me, when I went out on a Saturday night I was as miserable as sin if we'd lost, if you bumped into any of the players in the sportsman bar at The Place you would never know they had been stuffed 4-0, thinking about it now it was a job to them, to me I was miserable until Monday morning...........Nothing much has altered !

I think the biggest difference would be seen if we replaced the manager.

Respect and belief in what he's telling them has gone.

There may well have been some truth in the story from yesterday about the bus home from the game.

More about it being awkward than it kicking off though.

25 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Pro footballers are basically selfish, they only care about their current contract and their future contracts, do I blame them ? No not really, they have a short career and it's all about them.

Agents will be in their ear and I wouldn't mind guessing some of our current squad will be asking their agents if there's any moves in the offering, they don't give a stuff about the club or it's supporters, they are probably more worried about who's got the latest trainers or phone.

There are exceptions but they are few and far between.

Am I cynical? Maybe ,I used to think that the Vale team were playing for me, when I went out on a Saturday night I was as miserable as sin if we'd lost, if you bumped into any of the players in the sportsman bar at The Place you would never know they had been stuffed 4-0, thinking about it now it was a job to them, to me I was miserable until Monday morning...........Nothing much has altered !

The thing is, fans and (most) players see it totally differently. 

If you're a player, you've been one pretty much all your life.  Certainly your professional life.  It's your job.  

Personally, I know that in my professional life the people i have worked for get far more out of me if i know they're good at their job. And that they understand the roles in their team and what is needed.

If their decisions have everyone scratching their head, if they're weak with the more "challenging" members of the team and get walked over, if they randomly alter things that were absolutely fine whilst not having the personality or awareness to deal with the big problems, then that is where control is lost.  Respect goes a long way in a workplace.

It is not as simple as professional pride should conquer all.

It is demoralizing working for someone who simply doesn't know what they're doing and does not have the personality to keep people onside. 

2 minutes ago, Santa said:

I believe that there was a heated conversation on the bus and the level of football that some of the passengers had played at was referred to. 

I believe this also.

I also believe one person in particular did not travel back on bus.

1 minute ago, eh up nah said:

I agree mate.

Does say something though

I have heard some stuff from October tbh, usual stuff that's been on here. There was an issue in the squad with training methods, I think this has upset Legge and Joyce. Pope will be vocal and I think and he and JA have never seen eye to eye. New players have caused problems as did Mitch Clark I believe. There apparently has been interference in the team?

Regardless, JA and his team are employed to Manage and Coach (Unless Sinclair is the 'man'), I don't see this personally.

I would think many conversations have been been held by Carol and the board.

Regardless if Askey goes or not, performances from individuals have been a disgrace, tarnishing all the positivity and respect  earned by the owners and helpers. Respect and admiration nationally plus 4K ST holders is fast going down the 'pisser' along with League 2 status

Archived