Match Thread: Port Vale v Grimsby Town

Big game today looking forwards to it why I have no idea .

Fresh start for the lot of them (the players ),but will say this a wanted person will give far more than a unwanted person .

Excited for team news but going get up now and have  a lovely walk with gorgeous gf before the game .

Score couldn't care less as long as it as a W by it for Port Vale football club and more importantly a W by it for our outstanding owners 

UTV 

• Like 1

Advert:

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldn't overly get carried away as this is our worst team for as long as I can remember. You really didn't have to play well to beat us though and I think you have far more tougher challenges to co

Worrall creates all 3 goals. Get him off, should be scoring.

Shout out too to Adam Yates. Excellent, sensible summary on the game throughout. Well done lads. We can do it when we apply ourselves.

Posted Images

Be interesting to see how we set up today. We could go our usual 4-3-3 or match them up and go 4-4-2, my one concern with 4-3-3 is we’ve been terrible this last few games. Going 2 up top sends a statement of attacking intent in my eyes. I guess the back 4 pretty much picks itself, but from then does Pope start with Rodney in a 2? Does hurst start over Amoo (I think he deserves to). 

Surprised this is happening with how bad the weather has been recently.

I'll be watching for the first time in a while. Do not bottle it. 

Interesting to see how we set up today, if we persist with the Askey formation or whether Pugh will change it. I'm hoping for a scrappy 1-0 win. Be interesting to see if there's any managers there today watching the game.. 

6 minutes ago, ItsPricey said:

Interesting to see how we set up today, if we persist with the Askey formation or whether Pugh will change it. I'm hoping for a scrappy 1-0 win. Be interesting to see if there's any managers there today watching the game.. 

He did say he wouldn't change a lot but will bring his own ideas into it

Advert:

After the last few performances I don’t know if I can watch today  because the manner of the defeats left me feeling so sick. Its not so much the loosing its just the manner of the defeats half hearted lazy and lack lustre. On reflection I may well want to give MP some encouragement as always want the Vale to win. Lets hope for a totally committed performance and three points come on you whites.  

28 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Big game today looking forwards to it why I have no idea .

Fresh start for the lot of them (the players ),but will say this a wanted person will give far more than a unwanted person .

Excited for team news but going get up now and have  a lovely walk with gorgeous gf before the game .

Score couldn't care less as long as it as a W by it for Port Vale football club and more importantly a W by it for our outstanding owners 

UTV 

Almost exactly the same as me you are .

Got some weird sort of excitement and anticipation for today .

It's a really important game with an added edge to it 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ItsPricey said:

they can watch on ifollow 🙂

Advert:

Posted (edited)

Mills....

could be 442? Or Rodney out wide? Delighted that clown in midfield isn’t playing though  nice to see Campbell gordon on the bench, think he’s got great potential 

24AC868C-1E98-4586-AE9E-2D59375C031C.png

Edited by valiant_593

17 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I think Pope starts today.

Ding Ding Ding. 

442 it looks. I predicted this would be what he went for, with the only change from my team being Hurst for Amoo.

Robinson but no McKirdy. RCG back in the mix, with no Fitz.

image.thumb.png.a3bb5fb0e0e45cffc430c9a3282abf4d.png

Advert: