Match Thread: Port Vale v Grimsby Town

1 minute ago, ginge said:

Hurst at rightback? Love it 

Why not he is positive and I believe he played there for Bradford ,he will do till Gibbo is back up and running and doing what he does best being one of Vales better players ,like Hurst imagine those quality balls coming in for Pope head down and Robinson to lash home and Worrall coming from the other side aswell .

Vale would be awesome you watch UTV 

• Like 1

Advert:

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldn't overly get carried away as this is our worst team for as long as I can remember. You really didn't have to play well to beat us though and I think you have far more tougher challenges to co

Worrall creates all 3 goals. Get him off, should be scoring.

Shout out too to Adam Yates. Excellent, sensible summary on the game throughout. Well done lads. We can do it when we apply ourselves.

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Team id go with shake it up a lot .

VIsser 

Hurst Brisley Crookes Montano 

Amoo Conlon Oyeleke Worrall 

Pope Robinson 

Theres ya team that will have a few raised eyebrows but couldn't do any worse than the lot who usually play if anything they might surprise you and be good ,time to show the stealers of a wage you can no longer be trusted 

UTV 

Crookes has Covid

Just now, theresonlyonemcphee said:

Crookes has Covid

Has he oh dear that's not good hope he recovers from it, that's ballsed me team up. 

Ok Henderson and fabinho were Liverpools centre halfs the other day so I'm thinking Oyeleke to the back four and Joyce comes in hope is application is better than what it's been  recently ,we should be on the front foot  as we at home ,we don't usually judging by majority of last 13 odd games have a defence or goalie so attack is the best form of defence 

• Like 2

Really would be unfortunate if the game was postponed due to the weather, as it is an opportunity to judge the character of the squad. Was the change in form entirely due to dissatisfaction with  Askey or the loss of key players. Would it help the choice of the next manager or are the owners fully aware of the situation and know the way ahead.  A healthy win could take the pressure off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

Advert:

2 hours ago, Jacob_123 said:

Not necessarily a bad thing for us imo

But could  give Paul Hurst more time to get his old club on a winning run?

8 minutes ago, Doha said:

Oh ffs

Todays Referees! -  Were once those children at school who had no mates and no ability or aptitude for Sport . Once they become Referees they are supported 10000000% by their association who never say they have had a bad game, Never have to defend their decision making, nor have to face the media or general public.    Come back Roger Kirkpatrick we sadly realise what we are now missing

• Thanks 1

Advert:

Posted (edited)

I'd hoped that Salisbury would have retired by now. The home win against Sheffield United a few years back (2-1, Byron and Uche scored, Alnwick made that class save) was despite him doing everything he could to get them back into the game.

Backhouse the fourth official hates us as well.

Edited by Santa

2 hours ago, pensioner said:

Todays Referees! -  Were once those children at school who had no mates and no ability or aptitude for Sport . Once they become Referees they are supported 10000000% by their association who never say they have had a bad game, Never have to defend their decision making, nor have to face the media or general public.    Come back Roger Kirkpatrick we sadly realise what we are now missing

I remember Kirkpatrick reffing a game at Vale Park - I think it was a midweek match? What a character!! I never knew met anyone with a bad word for him...which is totally different from today's officials!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LancyTony said:

I remember Kirkpatrick reffing a game at Vale Park - I think it was a midweek match? What a character!! I never knew met anyone with a bad word for him...which is totally different from today's officials!

All the players called him Mr Pickwick, but in my presence as I had run on the pitch, one vale player called him Picky and he just burst out laughing.  The days of good old fashioned Refs making their own decisions and talking and explaining to players is long gone. Today we have politically correct ass holes .

• Like 1