Match Thread: Port Vale v Grimsby Town

Fosse69

I obviously want to see a good performance but in a way I'll be disappointed if the players do put in a good performance against Grimsby because that would demonstrate that they really were trying to get Askey the sack.

• Like 4

I've been watching training this morning and the intensity is back theo and Kirdy have ran more in the 20 minutes I was watching than they have all season. It's shocking to think that they have cost the club points just to get a man sacked. But we move on and I recon we will put 3 or 4 past these on Saturday

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, dishydave said:

I've been watching training this morning and the intensity is back theo and Kirdy have ran more in the 20 minutes I was watching than they have all season. It's shocking to think that they have cost the club points just to get a man sacked. But we move on and I recon we will put 3 or 4 past these on Saturday

Good not the part of costing the manager is job ,good that they can enjoy being a professional footballer again and feel part of the squad again if it means Vale start winning and all the players are happy again so be it .

That's what the supporters want they want a W by Vale for win .

I hope the new manager plays a system that gets these 2 playing brilliantly for Vale and the rest of them 

UTV 

45 minutes ago, dishydave said:

theo and Kirdy have ran more in the 20 minutes I was watching than they have all season. It's shocking to think that they have cost the club points just to get a man sacked.

No doubt they've underperformed but let's be honest they've been bit part players during the current run.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dishydave said:

Who took training with Pugh?

The reality is that every player now should see this as their chance to get back into the side. So those players who under Askey knew they had no chance of playing now realise they could have a chance and so up their intensity in training. That’s what the new manager bounce does, it gives everyone a fresh start and a chance to impress.

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 2

As Pugh has been around the first team squad all season he knows what, if anything, as been going on. A bit late to suddenly play your socks off. On the other hand my biggest criticism of JA was his single minded game plan, if the players didn't fit the system they were basically discarded. All players now have the opportunity to show what they can do and Pugh needs to do what all good managers do & pick the best system to suit the players that he has available. Also try and buy into it is a 16 man team these days, use your subs intelligently.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dishydave said:

Thats great to hear but I think you have to remember the way squad players have been managed during the poor run its little wonder the intensity had gone. The likes of Theo and McKirdy knew whatever they did in training  they would not get picked on a Saturday or Tuesday (unless it was EFL Trophy) despite the team loosing.

Its a clean slate for everyone of those players and they all know they are now playing for their careers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dishydave said:

That's what I like,some positivity 🌞

2 hours ago, dishydave said:

Find it so bad that pro footballers can act as they have done. Disgraceful really. Think we should look to move most of the squad on. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Find it so bad that pro footballers can act as they have done. Disgraceful really. Think we should look to move most of the squad on. 

Which ones would you move on? It’s only got to take a couple of them to not take training too seriously or not be as intense or be a bit sloppy for it to drag the whole session down and so drag everyone down. Especially when it comes to the little games that they play between themselves too. That’s why players who are causing problems end up getting pushed aside because it can kill a whole session and affect the mood of the team. 

12 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Which ones would you move on? It’s only got to take a couple of them to not take training too seriously or not be as intense or be a bit sloppy for it to drag the whole session down and so drag everyone down. Especially when it comes to the little games that they play between themselves too. That’s why players who are causing problems end up getting pushed aside because it can kill a whole session and affect the mood of the team. 

Most of the squad come the end of the season. 

At the end of the year I’d probably only look to keep. Conlon, gibbons, Monty, Worrall & Rodney, (possibly brown if he gets his form back) Don’t think any of the others have done enough to deserve league 2 football. Agree with what you have put but I really think a pro footballer should be giving 100% come match day and the level of effort from the majority of our players has been a joke. 

• Like 4