Match Thread: Port Vale v Grimsby Town

4 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

0-0 between two really poor teams.

At the start of the match yes.  After a minute we will be 1 down again.  20th minute 2 down and at the end of the match 5 down.  We will probably finish with 9 players on the pitch after two of them fight each other as the discipline seems to have gone as well.

Then we will be just above the relegation zone.  May be then Carol and the team will finally do something about the situation.  Just like JA and Co's subs.  You hope it comes sooner than usual, but you know it will be very late in the game and nothing will change.

Please sort something out before its too late one way or another.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldn't overly get carried away as this is our worst team for as long as I can remember. You really didn't have to play well to beat us though and I think you have far more tougher challenges to co

Worrall creates all 3 goals. Get him off, should be scoring.

Shout out too to Adam Yates. Excellent, sensible summary on the game throughout. Well done lads. We can do it when we apply ourselves.

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Santa said:

Aren’t we due a cold snap next weekend?

With Vale's luck at the moment it will be the only match going ahead.

Edited by PVFC764
  • Haha 1

Seen a few teams in the thread and of course we are down to scraps with injuries and suspension. 

It won't happen next week for what I've just written and I hate picking on individuals it's a bit cowardly of me in a way.

But......I never ever ever after next Saturday want to see Mills or Whitehead in a Vale shirt again. 

Absolutely dreadful and shocking signings. 

Advert:

To be honest I really don't think this game will go ahead.

With covid testing across the EFL starting tomorrow I would be very surprised to see matches taking place.Injuries, suspensions and covid protocols I think will take its toll and just can't see there are going to be enough players available across the lower leagues.

I'm expecting an enforced 2 week break across the EFL to be announced this week.

• Like 2

Brown

Monty

Brisley

Crookes

Smith

Joyce

Burgess

Worrall

Amoo

Pope

Rodney

Though Hurst should probably play, <ovf censored> it play him alongside Joyce and Worrall in mid 3 - can’t be worse.

13 minutes ago, 1 said:

Brown

Monty

Brisley

Crookes

Smith

Joyce

Burgess

Worrall

Amoo

Pope

Rodney

Though Hurst should probably play, <ovf censored> it play him alongside Joyce and Worrall in mid 3 - can’t be worse.

Think Crookes has Covid.

After paying ten pounds watch yesterday and the Barrow match I can safely say that I cannot pick a team ,I do not mind one or two not putting a shift in but 10 out of the 11 well you got no chance .

Something needs be done before this game either 

1 Askey resigns 

2 Askey transfer list the players who no longer want play for him and more importantly the ones who are conning the supporters of the joy of been a football fan as quite clearly if chosen by your manager you do not lie down and have your belly tickled  like these players are doing .

So team Monty Hurst and 9 others hopefully 9 up for it players who are willing give there all for the shirt .

Posted (edited)

It as though last season was a figment of my imagination and we’re back to where we were when we got relegated. Football snakes and ladders and at the end of October we got to square 99.

Edited by Playa Amodores
  • Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, MBE said:

To be honest I really don't think this game will go ahead.

With covid testing across the EFL starting tomorrow I would be very surprised to see matches taking place.Injuries, suspensions and covid protocols I think will take its toll and just can't see there are going to be enough players available across the lower leagues.

I'm expecting an enforced 2 week break across the EFL to be announced this week.

If that is the case, then it gives Carol a couple of weeks to find a new manager and for him to put his mark on the group and mold them into a playing team again.  Possibly bring in a couple of players as well. 

But that wont happen at all.  We will still be with Askey and Co and moving down the league.

43 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

If that is the case, then it gives Carol a couple of weeks to find a new manager and for him to put his mark on the group and mold them into a playing team again.  Possibly bring in a couple of players as well. 

But that wont happen at all.  We will still be with Askey and Co and moving down the league.

Could also mean she might stick with Askey knowing the injured players should all be fit and maybe new players added... its a dangerous game but at the moment we just dont know

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PVFC764 said:

I thought that too.... I live in hope!!

We haven't beat grimsby in our last 7 meetings with a 2 1 away win in December 2009. Grimsby have also won in there last 2 visits to vale Park.

True, we always had a decent record before then. Recall at VP we used to generally beat them and often heavily a 4-0 under Adams and a cracking 5-1 under Horton when Bridgey and Cummins took them apart. Think it was 4-1 at HT!

One omen though, the season before last both clubs had a new manager at the helm for one of the meetings! (Aspin and Jolley)

Advert:

We might have to go Mills Smith Brisley Monty at the back. The only other fit defender is Fitz who hasn’t been as bad as three of those but could he do a better job than, say, Mills? Smith - implicated in ? Three of Mansfield’s goals... I don’t get it, has he got some post viral thing? His form this last month has been totally at odds with the years before.

Pugh`s line-up likely to change much?  Hopefully a few injured  players will be available,  and the motivation of others changed for whatever reason.  Bounce or flop remains to be seen. 3-0 for some reason or unreason.