Match Thread: Port Vale v Grimsby Town

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldn't overly get carried away as this is our worst team for as long as I can remember. You really didn't have to play well to beat us though and I think you have far more tougher challenges to co

Worrall creates all 3 goals. Get him off, should be scoring.

Shout out too to Adam Yates. Excellent, sensible summary on the game throughout. Well done lads. We can do it when we apply ourselves.

Posted Images

Had the sort of luck today askey couldn't buy.

Though Brisley was offside and their keeper should have saved the 2nd.

At the same time you make your own luck and we have been positive, thrown caution to the wind, got bodies into the box and put early crosses in.

Rodney should have done better with the one he put wide and the keeper made a great save from Monty.

Good game so far more of the same second half ease vale

We’ve looked ok, but these are a very poor side, certainly by far the worst we’ve faced this season.

Obviously we’ve also got the benefit of having 3 of our better players back and the pitch isn’t great.

At the risk of cursing this, I’d be seriously worried if we failed to pick up 3 points from here.

I hope to God Joyce does not do anything silly because this ref is terrible.

And neither would I say it’s a ringing endorsement that Pugh/Sinclair is the dream combo although of course you can only beat what’s in front of you.

• Like 4

Advert:

Can’t fault the effort and we are getting stuck in. Just need to concentrate when balls come across our box. At least we seem to have a plan and at the moment are executing this.

Will be interested to see what subs are made, dependent on how the game goes.

Just now, Biddulph_PV said:

We’ve looked ok, but these are a very poor side, certainly by far the worst we’ve faced this season.

Obviously we’ve also got the benefit of having 3 of our better players back and the pitch isn’t great.

At the risk of cursing this, I’d be seriously worried if we failed to pick up 3 points from here.

I hope to God Joyce does not do anything silly because this ref is terrible.

And neither would I say it’s a ringing endorsement that Pugh/Sinclair is the dream combo although of course you can only beat what’s in front of you.

Very similar thoughts to mine. At least we look like we want to play. I think Pugh/Sinclair will have sterner tests especially away from home.....BUT a good solid 7/10 first half.

• Like 2

Pope has had a great half, showing exactly what he’s good at. Hurst has done really well down the left. Montys looked a bit vulnerable to ball behind him and it looks like Grimsby are trying to play down that channel between him and smith. Can’t argue with Worrall being involved in both goals either, he’s had a positive impact on the game. We’ve pressed well and won the ball high on a few occasions. A positive half I thought. 

Advert:

5 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

Had the sort of luck today askey couldn't buy.

Though Brisley was offside and their keeper should have saved the 2nd.

At the same time you make your own luck and we have been positive, thrown caution to the wind, got bodies into the box and put early crosses in.

Rodney should have done better with the one he put wide and the keeper made a great save from Monty.

Good game so far more of the same second half ease vale

My initial reaction for the 1st was that it was offside but, having looked at it again, I realised that I didn’t care.

need to stay focused in the 2nd half.  Grimsby’s main threat has been from set pieces, so we need to avoid giving away silly free kicks.

• Like 1

We look much better than Grimsby, but im not relaxing yet. We need to score the next goal.

Brisley and Smith looking more solid than what we've had recently, and Hurst is getting better each game.

Advert:

Just now, The man in the pub said:

lets keep 11 players on the pitch.

Exactly been one or two mistimed lunges by both teams, only needs one reckless act to undo it all 

• Like 2