onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Grimsby Town

Fosse69

3 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Thank you for showing me I am correct.  You simply tar people as conspiracists or unhinged if they challenge your opinion and style.

You will grow up one day Joe.

I've got no issue with you thinking I'm wrong, mate, but your deep-dive into my psyche was a bit weird, and in most places wide of the mark (similar to Grimsby today). It's not normal to go off like that in the manner that you did, but thankfully I'm a big boy.

I love debating. I enjoy it. I like to be challenged; hence, I post a lot of confrontational stuff on here. If you could disagree with me without making me feel like I'd paid £30 on hour for it, that'd be fine!

Advert

7 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Not sure what your own thoughts are but I think it's purely circumstances rather than any conspiracy.  It began with not strengthening a team sufficiently. We began the season inconsistently, several players out of form, but got a few decent results.  Fundamentally, we then had a crisis of confidence, beginning with the cup defeat and Tranmere loss, subsequently more "out of character" individual errors crept in.  We then have an avalanche in form, bad results, the manner of those results is important, and a total collapse in confidence.  Things will have gone on behind the scenes but they wouldn't have been the root cause in my book.

This is just my own proposal, I have no idea what happens at the club.

I agree. Lots of little things have been snowballing. Maybe there has been workplace issues - it happens everywhere. I don't think he's been 'knifed', as that would suggest Carol was complicit in this coup (or is ignorant about something going on in her company, which I doubt).

6 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

That poor team was put together by The hugely experienced Ian Holloway whom several on here wanted as our manager. Experience isn’t everything. Brian Horton used to say he’d had 20 years experience in management but really he’d only had one year repeated 20 times. 

Only those with a screw loose.

I will ask a genuine question @Nofinikea; if Askey has been knifed by Sinclair/whoever, why has Carol allowed it to happen?

She loved Askey - three year deal, always spoke in glowing terms.

If someone has done him in, why did she let it happen? If she didn't know it was happening, why? If it was Sinclair, why has he been promoted?

Just trying to understand your views, as it sounds, in your opinion, that the executives are partly to blame for allowing a good man to be backstabbed like this.

3 minutes ago, TylerB said:

You were genuinely impressed today?

We were bang average. But against such a poor team it was enough.

With the result, yes... especially as we couldn’t buy one recently.

With a clean sheet. Absolutely. See above.

With the formation choice, initially no but I was proven wrong and it reminded me that 442 is a good attacking formation against a tram on the ropes

With the change of formation at half time after Rodney’s knock. Yes

With the game management at the end to get the result and the clean sheet. Yes, something that’s been badly missing.

With the more proactive substitutions. I have never thought they were the be all and end all, but they were ok.

Am I saying give Pugh the job now... no.

But we also should write him off because of a pre determined view on the level of experience required to be successful in lower league football... especially as the current league table indicates otherwise.

1 minute ago, Nofinikea said:

Dear oh dear.  It was an explanation as to why you are wrong about one person being able to upset a dressing room and it also explained why you don't yet know any better, but you will when you mature.

You wrote an entire 10 line paragraph about my lack of wordliness! It was really strange!

2 minutes ago, Rory said:
8 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:
That poor team was put together by The hugely experienced Ian Holloway whom several on here wanted as our manager. Experience isn’t everything. Brian Horton used to say he’d had 20 years experience in management but really he’d only had one year repeated 20 times. 

Brian would sort this out.

Dangerous Brian?

When you have been around a bit and seen work places for a few years you will understand just how easily one piece of rotten fruit can turn the whole bowl.  Especially if that piece of fruit gets to an already disgruntled, respected figure first.
You see, when you try to belittle this in the way you have done here, it only highlights your own lack of worldliness.  Now you will start crying about me picking on your chosen profession again but the truth is, you have never left the classroom.  You went to school, higher education and then back to school again and it shows in the way you post.  You are undoubtedly intelligent, you are articulate and you have the headstrong nature that most of us had in our youth.  However, your posts lack experience and you try to make up for that with faulty logic.  Its a marvellous time of life where you are right now, but beware, your 30s will be spent cringing at your 20 something self but by the time you hit 40s you will be OK with it.  The reason I point this out is that you post in a very authoritive way and you don't react very well when your approach is challenged.  You will though, with age and a bit of life experience.
This brings me back to the point, you don't see how one person can influence a dressing room in such a detrimental way.  You will, one day you will see it.  Probably in a staff room or similar but you will see just how easily the wrong influence can turn a previously tight nit and competent group of people into virtual strangers.
Make no mistake, Askey has been knifed.  Badly knifed and he has been let down by the club.  Askey is not the sort who will blame or point the finger, he will always take responsibility and thats been his undoing on this occasion.  However, unless something magical happens, the people left in charge will be the ones who have engineered this and these sort of people do not take responsibility, are not professionals and have already shown how willing they are to throw folk under a bus.  This will not end well, the second it starts getting a bit tough that dressing room will disintegrate and it will be toxic.
John Askey was a long term project in much the way John Rudge was.  Thats gone now and we will rue the day we let it happen.

Comparing Askey to Rudge.... you really are deluded.

2 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Why would it?  Carol herself told us she has had her eye off the ball.  It means nothing of the sort.  This is what I am getting at Joe, you try to fill the gaps caused by your lack of experience with flawed logic.  We have all been there though.

So far off the ball that there was mutiny in her workplace, which her boss/no one ever mentioned?

But the fanbase, including you, know about?

You're presenting her as completely ignorant to the ongoings of her own workplace. It's pretty critical.

Carol hasn't amassed a multi-million pound business by letting 'knifings' happen under her nose. Did Garlick know? The players? 

Archived