onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Grimsby Town

Fosse69

2 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Is it just me, but irrespective of how poor the opposition is, why does our defending always seem ‘last ditch’?

Must just be me but apart from the 2 headers early doors i thought we defended really well.

Also i noticed that Pugh changed formation a couple of times during the game(not happened under Askey) and made subs(the first albeit due to a knock) at the right times... Enjoyed it today well done to all. I wont be saying give it Pugh after one game and wont get annoyed if we lose Tuesday,Saturday will be one to judge against Forest Green thats a tough game but play like that under Pugh then i do think he will be given until the end of the season which i wont be opposed to as i dont mind a young manager with fresh ideas,would still be unsure on sinclair as assistant though.

Anyway good start Danny 🙂 

Advert

A win's a win but I thought we were average at best overall, up against one of the worst sides I've seen for a long time. I reckon I could get a bunch of mates together and give Grimsby a game. We had a bit more effort about us which is the least we can expect after a manager change, but let's see how we get on against opposition that has at least a little something about them.

26 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Big for Vale that Worrall and Conlon returned today, both important players for Vale. Welcome 3 points.

Tom Pope gave a master class in leading the line today just as he did 2nd half at Mansfield and in other games this season and over the years. He should play a role in every match day squad for Vale, whether it be starting or coming on as a sub.

Team selection next Saturday will show how Danny Pugh intends to play and FGR will be a much tougher test, a 4-4-2 as he played today may be a little too open.

There's no guarantee whoever takes over at Vale will bring success. Danny Pugh has the credentials and two good results from the next two games would put him in a good position position. Good to hear him say on P&G there's opportunity to bring players in.

What credentials?! 

6 minutes ago, vale victory said:

To say Askey has been done over isn’t right .
What if the players just lost belief in him and the decisions he was making ???

better today but still look fragile at the back
It’s just nice to win a game of football again

Agreed , but no excuse for not trying .

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Not disagreeing just don’t want them two on the pitch they’re attrocious footballers. Much prefer if Campbell Gordon was given a go and rest Monty 

I thought Theo put himself about a lot more than he had previous tbf to him and he even produced a great tackle near the end in our half and thats the first tackle i have seen him make

Fuming with the players, makes me sick that they can play the rubbish they have... Legge and Pope come out and say nothing was going on, what a bare face set of lies!!! Makes my blood boil, not because I was an Askey fan, I’m a vale fan and they should be playing for the fans.

Utter disgrace, hang your collective heads in shame - disgusted and disgruntled Vale fan!

1 hour ago, Doha said:

Very good time to play a side like Grimsby. 

They weren't very good but i disagree slightly because they have also appointed a new manager in Hurst(who a lot would of wanted here) before the game i would imagine their fans might of said the same a good time play us,we did a good job on them today.

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

So Paul Hurst is appointed manager of Grimsby, a manager a lot of us would not have been disappointed had he come here, he's lost his first two games, just shows how difficult it is to choose a manager.

That is spot on and just shows all those crying out for an experienced manager that has as much chance of working as a young one after their first job.

So i trust Carol and will back whichever route she goes down for the manager

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

I don’t think pope should be praised. I find it quite shameful how players can put no effort in for weeks and as soon as a manager goes they all of a sudden put some effort in. I’m sick of popes articles and he needs to be moved on. 

Sadly it happens at every club if players want a manager out thats player power now in the game,sad but true... not fair on owners or fans imo

On 09/01/2021 at 18:33, Nofinikea said:

What if the players were talked out of believing in him?

Watched the game and listened to the commentary today. I felt the knives in John’s back. The team  won today with the injured players back irrespective of who was the manager. Next week will be interesting. 

A win's a win but I thought we were average at best overall, up against one of the worst sides I've seen for a long time. I reckon I could get a bunch of mates together and give Grimsby a game. We had a bit more effort about us which is the least we can expect after a manager change, but let's see how we get on against opposition that has at least a little something about them.

You’ll be saying Pugh out after Sunderland

2 minutes ago, fraggle said:

Fuming with the players, makes me sick that they can play the rubbish they have... Legge and Pope come out and say nothing was going on, what a bare face set of lies!!! Makes my blood boil, not because I was an Askey fan, I’m a vale fan and they should be playing for the fans.

Utter disgrace, hang your collective heads in shame - disgusted and disgruntled Vale fan!

I suggest that you join us in Canada.  We have legal cannabis and it can help when the world feels so serious.

Although the last couple of games, prior to today, have been awful I think that in some of the previous games performances were better than results, and better finishing would have secured a few more points.

Today was nothing amazing, we played a very poor Grimsby team, and we had a bit more luck in front of goal.

I'm happy to take the points but don't think that we have gone from relegation fodder to potential champions and I am not convinced that the players have stabbed the manager in the back, and in so doing let the fans down.

Archived