onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Grimsby Town

Fosse69

Just now, Joe B said:

It's criminal those fans hounded Askey out. Those darn Vale fans. 

Think you could add a lot of the Vale players to that list as well.  They looked like the players from the start of the season when we were pushing for the play-off slots.  

Advert

4 minutes ago, Norfolk Enclue said:

Thanks Bycarsbill. For the last few weeks I've been anxiously looking at the other end of the table. Well done Vale. I'm happy and cheery. In an hour or so I'll be happy and beery. 

Sounds a good plan to me--enjoy your beer--makes a change from being depressed like we've been on match day evenings after results during last few weeks!!

Guest Vale at home
6 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Grimsby are poor, very poor and they dominated possession after we changed shape.  Whitehead also came on so I await the savageing for Pugh for considering him given most of you derise his signing.

A few of those players should be ashamed to put that effort in today but its a welcome 3 points.

Rodney looks to be improving all the time and Hurst is looking every bit a prospect.  Askey did well bringing those 2 into the side.  Conlon added some much needed energy and  he makes us tick with Joyce mopping up.   The players returning from injury and illness today made a big difference.

No McKirdy still so is he isolating or ill or just rubbish?  Did Robinson come on?  Didn't notice him at all.

Well done Danny Pugh.  Looks like him and Frank will be our dream ticket.

I do agree . 

Far better performance and Dynamic Danny Pugh changing a formation even when winning which worked well as it then kept Grimsby at arms length rather than be open with two in the middle when they are going to have a go at us.

Goals taken well and we looked much more organised and professional in how we went about our business today.

Plenty of timewasting to kill momentum, less risks taken.

Good 3 points against a very poor side, the gap between the two sides suggests maybe there are a couple of sides far worse than us if we keep our act together!

Still Gibbons and Manny to come into that line up.

Just now, Nofinikea said:

If Askey had done that folk on here would have been calling him all sorts of names.

Yes, probably as it'd be the 80th minute and we'd ship 3 goals before the game finished.

Get over it, mate. Askey is gone. Today was 100x better than anything served up since September, bar the Bolton circus. Let's look forward to things picking up and enjoy a good win.

6 minutes ago, bomber said:

If all players give that kind of effort and commitment every week then we will  not be far off. Yes they were poor but very happy with three points and the players attitude. This is the minimum standard we want every week. So pleased for our owners and fans.

Yes decent performance and plenty of effort but no matter what their gripes were with Askey and they may be justified the lack of effort in matches was an absolute disgrace to the owners and the fans especially fans who have brought season tickets to help pay their wages they should hold their heads in shame 

3 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Mine wasn't a prediction, just quoting statistics---6 points off the last play-off place.

Only Vale and the Mariners have played 23 games, some have only played 20. Depends if the season ends early as well.

1 minute ago, Nofinikea said:

No class whatsoever.  You should be as ashamed as some of those players upping there efforts today.

I'm so ashamed at that 3-0 win! 😂

Buzzing. Up the Vale. Let's climb this table. More points today than in our previous in our previous 6 games.

Remember folks, it's the fans on OVF (who can't attend games!) who are at fault for Askey going, and not picking up 1 win in 13 and that being immediately matched in the week in which he departs!

Carol is controlled by those evil fans on the forums who like winning games and dislike losing games!

11 minutes ago, philmpv said:
14 minutes ago, Doha said:
Meow!
" He was ok today, granted. "
Scored the first, would have gotten the 3rd had the defender not turned it in. 

You will do anything to give pope a goal won't you?! Clearly not pope's goal, nor was it going in

Absolutely delusional 

14 minutes ago, Joe B said:

With Monty, there are positives and negatives.

He offers a good workrate, battles hard, and opens up the flanks by supporting Hurst. He nearly scored an excellent goal, denied by a great save.

The limitations to him are the tendency to overdo things, an erratic/unique manner of playing football, and he is caught out once or twice a game.

For now, the positives outweigh the negatives, and he'll do.

To be honest this is why I love to watch Monty play. 

I know it's about results but I'd like to be entertained along the way.  When Monty gets on the ball I have no idea what is going to happen, and sometimes it is spectacular.

For me we need to find a way to get Monty on the pitch when he is fit. 

Just now, Quebec_Valiant said:

To be honest this is why I love to watch Monty play. 

I know it's about results but I'd like to be entertained along the way.  When Monty gets on the ball I have no idea what is going to happen, and sometimes it is spectacular.

For me we need to find a way to get Monty on the pitch when he is fit. 

I agree. Always like him. He has a lot of fight in him, and during that terrible run was the only player who looked bothered at times. Think he adds a lot, and we just have to accept the inevitable odd mistake.

Archived