onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Grimsby Town

Fosse69

1 hour ago, pensioner said:

All the players called him Mr Pickwick, but in my presence as I had run on the pitch, one vale player called him Picky and he just burst out laughing.  The days of good old fashioned Refs making their own decisions and talking and explaining to players is long gone. Today we have politically correct ass holes .

Brilliant character and kept the crowd entertained with his short bursts of speed up and down the pitch.

Advert

7 hours ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

Brilliant character and kept the crowd entertained with his short bursts of speed up and down the pitch.

Another cracking ref in my opinion who seemed to have loads of respect was Uriah Rennie 

Obviously ended up in The Premier for the end of his career. Took no crap . I'm sure Jacko will reference a petty Shearer sending off by him !!

Lower league refs for the past few seasons have been truly abysmal, a lot suffer from little man syndrome and are way way below the fitness levels required to ref competently.

Another cracking ref in my opinion who seemed to have loads of respect was Uriah Rennie 
Obviously ended up in The Premier for the end of his career. Took no crap . I'm sure Jacko will reference a petty Shearer sending off by him !!
Lower league refs for the past few seasons have been truly abysmal, a lot suffer from little man syndrome and are way way below the fitness levels required to ref competently.
Haven't we had him this season, or am I mistaken?

46 minutes ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Haven't we had him this season, or am I mistaken?

I'm not sure mate he might well be late 50's or even older now, so i think he has retired. Not 100% on that. 

2 out and out strikers up front - like the fans have been asking for for years.

i much prefer 3-5-2, especially as we have no wing backs atm. Legge, Smith, Brisley

worrall and amoo as just wingers who track back, none of this striker/midfield sudo nonsense. Simple jobs done well.

Pope and Rodney together.

whoevers available from the obvious midfield hierarchy.

We’ll win, I genuinely think.

I'm not sure who is or is not available. I stand to be corrected.

Is Crookes still isolating? Legge must be suspended for 2 games. Conlon should be back. And we had one positive Covid test in the week didn't we?

It'll be interesting to see the team. Stick to 433 or try something different? Who plays in defence?

It is cold here, below freezing tonight and barely above that by midday tomorrow. A bright sunny day is forecast but will the pitch be too hard to play on?

12 hours ago, pensioner said:

All the players called him Mr Pickwick, but in my presence as I had run on the pitch, one vale player called him Picky and he just burst out laughing.  The days of good old fashioned Refs making their own decisions and talking and explaining to players is long gone. Today we have politically correct ass holes .

What on earth does a ref do to become 'politically correct'? 😂

I'm not sure who is or is not available. I stand to be corrected.
Is Crookes still isolating? Legge must be suspended for 2 games. Conlon should be back. And we had one positive Covid test in the week didn't we?
It'll be interesting to see the team. Stick to 433 or try something different? Who plays in defence?
It is cold here, below freezing tonight and barely above that by midday tomorrow. A bright sunny day is forecast but will the pitch be too hard to play on?

Imagine it will depend on lot of the shaded areas around the Lorne Street. Down to -3 tonight and as you say not forecast to get above freezing until lunch and then only just.

May be off this one.

Archived